Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hi pinkpetter n all supporters of ah soon,

i finally confirmed with ah soon on my renovation! he can even start the hacking works quite immediately... (haven't even collect the downpayment from me.. haha...)

he quoted me really a very good deal, mine is a 5room revamp -- i approached at least 32 renovation companines- big and small.. big ones charged me $50K - $70K .. while smaller ones charges me $43-45K...(without lighting points)

I gotten quote from Ah Soon is $38K (WITH LIGHTING POINTS!!) I went to see his workmanship for carpentry, it is good. I have seen the raw structure of the carpentry --meaning haven't install all the doors n etc.. the wood is solid ply and not those any kind of mdf...

I have seen IDs firms worksite, their quality also the same as Ah Soon... At least now i am convinced that what ID firm offers, contractor can offer the same thing. The only thing is, u got to come up the design yourself!!

i am doing quite alot of modification to my house And carpentry work... so, i guess it is quite a challenge for him and us..!! i will post pictures soon if anyone is interested :)

Edited by seashell

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
haha...house warming is me!!! u wana pop by too ;)

hi f4, pls pm me ur address & time. i have an external organ attaches to me during weekend mah. :P i mean my little girl lah

Edited by Planfor2

Ya..ah soon oso picked up my call after a few ring..

a guy came earlier took measurement, sat install..phew..finally got my inlaws off my back..

Friends....finally...finally..Ah Soon uncle picked up the call! :D thanks ...

:) don't be despair. happy for u too.

planfor2 go lah, then u can judge the workmanship urself also. can make friends somemore. got some other forummers going as well, include non ah soon's customers :)

hi konajovin

must stay cool with my hub or else.. nt good on initital phase mah. sure hv arguments along the way during reno. yes i gg to do an overhaul for my place. a 10yrs old resale flat... guess my reno will start end oct, still long way to go. nowadays, must wait reali long for 1st appt leh.

try to gather reno quotes & purchases now. 100% timing will focus on rectifications. i look forward to enjoy the process sia.

hi familyof4

took the advice about uncle's lateness thru the forum. so i must pre-am my hub... else he will jumpy mah. yet to warn him about uncle's other patterns :P.

uncle mentioned some1 hse warming this sat... he ask me if i know.. i say i am new to RT. maybe my next mtg - he will give me a few addresses bah den i might meet up with one of you... he was in a hurry last nite, rushing off to redhill for another appt.

hi mrspiglet

i am forum idiot. try to convince my hub to set up a blog. he knows better on upload pic etc ahaha... really love lay our reno process in words..

haha...house warming is me!!! u wana pop by too ;)

Hi ivy,

i will let my hub knows about uncle's working pattern. if my hub cannot manage such expectations, we have to move on with other quotations. we have 2 choices here ... 1) pay 45k-50k to get a id coy doing eveything for us, screw the ID when jobs undone and take a longer time to rectify. 2) pay 50% esser of the amount and hands-on to rectify n follow-up with the contractor. i rather opt for the latter due to budget constraint and i love sourcing quality n lower cost items. hahaha...

Tblog??? i try to do it.. but reali trying to figure out. oh yes... i gg to get a fs audit too..

Hi Blue diamond

tsk tsk... hope my hub will be in front line, manage to contractors... while i will be back end. finding cheapo stuff.. hahaha

hi konajovin

must stay cool with my hub or else.. nt good on initital phase mah. sure hv arguments along the way during reno. yes i gg to do an overhaul for my place. a 10yrs old resale flat... guess my reno will start end oct, still long way to go. nowadays, must wait reali long for 1st appt leh.

try to gather reno quotes & purchases now. 100% timing will focus on rectifications. i look forward to enjoy the process sia.

hi familyof4

took the advice about uncle's lateness thru the forum. so i must pre-am my hub... else he will jumpy mah. yet to warn him about uncle's other patterns :P.

uncle mentioned some1 hse warming this sat... he ask me if i know.. i say i am new to RT. maybe my next mtg - he will give me a few addresses bah den i might meet up with one of you... he was in a hurry last nite, rushing off to redhill for another appt.

hi mrspiglet

i am forum idiot. try to convince my hub to set up a blog. he knows better on upload pic etc ahaha... really love lay our reno process in words..

hi planfor2,

u are lucky only wait half hour... alot of us are not as fortunate. but if u really sign up with uncle, please do be mentally prepared that what m_m is experiencing right now may be what you will experience. There will be miss calls and unreturned calls and prolonged project time line.

if u go into the working relationship knowing that this is what you will be expecting, it'll make ur reno process a less stressful one but if you think you are not ready to let uncle get away with his pattern then hor maybe you should reconsider.

whoever you appoint we will be eager to see u start ur own T-Blog for us to Kaypo!!

yes yes...do at least be prepared for what u in for. so that yr expectation can be manage better n u will be less stress up when such situation arises?:)

hi all,

i m new. manage to get ah soon no. thru ms piglet & f4. well i met ah soon last nite ard 730pm (waited for half an hour -heng din fly areoplane :P). my hub is in doubt about him before the meeting. asking me why he is late lah.. etc.. i keep telling him this is part of the package. hahaha

overall our meeting with him is pleasant & my hub is happy with his practical ideas. upon question on his quality of work etc, he say he may take a longer time to complete a project, poor quality means reflecting bad reputation of him. he may be an uncle, he knows the power of internet aka reno talk forum.

ps. though our meeting lasts 1 hour, his phone rings every 3 min. hope he returns all of ur calls.. indeed he has been coughing real hard......

thank you all in this thread introducing uncle ah soon.

hi planfor2,

u are lucky only wait half hour... alot of us are not as fortunate. but if u really sign up with uncle, please do be mentally prepared that what m_m is experiencing right now may be what you will experience. There will be miss calls and unreturned calls and prolonged project time line.

if u go into the working relationship knowing that this is what you will be expecting, it'll make ur reno process a less stressful one but if you think you are not ready to let uncle get away with his pattern then hor maybe you should reconsider.

whoever you appoint we will be eager to see u start ur own T-Blog for us to Kaypo!!

Thanks Ivy. We only do minor reno, no need hack/ retiling. Majority on the carpentry work, rewiring, paint whole house ++ and he said 10 days. I smsed him last night in chinese , asked him to call me but he didn't bother. Just now i also called him, he didn't answer :bangwall: don't know what is happening??...ai...Please help me to ask him call me or answer my call, i am the lady from Choa Chu Kang. Thank you.

m_m i need ur block number as well so that uncle won't be blur. will let people like F4 and BD know too so that in any case any of us happen to get in touch with uncle will help u pass message.

hmmm dun you already know when u engage uncle this is his trait? don't bang wall lah, we will help you de.

Thanks Ivy. We only do minor reno, no need hack/ retiling. Majority on the carpentry work, rewiring, paint whole house ++ and he said 10 days. I smsed him last night in chinese , asked him to call me but he didn't bother. Just now i also called him, he didn't answer :bangwall: don't know what is happening??...ai...Please help me to ask him call me or answer my call, i am the lady from Choa Chu Kang. Thank you.

hi all,

i m new. manage to get ah soon no. thru ms piglet & f4. well i met ah soon last nite ard 730pm (waited for half an hour -heng din fly areoplane :P). my hub is in doubt about him before the meeting. asking me why he is late lah.. etc.. i keep telling him this is part of the package. hahaha

overall our meeting with him is pleasant & my hub is happy with his practical ideas. upon question on his quality of work etc, he say he may take a longer time to complete a project, poor quality means reflecting bad reputation of him. he may be an uncle, he knows the power of internet aka reno talk forum.

ps. though our meeting lasts 1 hour, his phone rings every 3 min. hope he returns all of ur calls.. indeed he has been coughing real hard......

thank you all in this thread introducing uncle ah soon.

Hi Planfor2, you r most welcome. :)

I got the num from Pinkpetter and sent hubby to go meet Ah soon alone. He kena the aeroplane for the entire wk, despite the fact we already had our keys n reno can start anytime. Hubby too, was on the verge of throwing him off the list until he finally appear on the final deadline we set. Everything else is history. :)

Do share ur reno with us!