Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

YAWN...................You guys still arguing and talking abt ah soon ah?? Here is my two cents, If scare dont ask him to do the reno for you.

Just completed my reno by Ah Soon hometeam. Got to thanks to ah soon fan club too, ppl like pinkpetter for ah soon contacts nos, ivy - yr generous offer to view yr hse but i couldnt find the time to do it and many more.

This forum reallys rocks, tons of good information and nice ppl here to help out!!!

Hmm maybe shld starts my own blog, title My Cheapo Reno!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I had great difficulty sending sms in chinese but he nvr reply too but I knoe he read it coz later he called me to reply my smses...

Hi, i was suppose to meet uncle yesterday, to confirm the renovation and give him deposit, but he gave me a miss flight again... den one thing i discover is, he like to play sms, even 11pm plus, chinese wording... if you sms him, he will reply thru sms...

I told him i am very scared of taking aeroplane, afraid of heights, he called me up early in the morning and say paiseh lah, i always call him Mr Pilot now, anyway, i waited 2 days for his quotation and one thing is he is very friendly, absorb many things.

Thumbs up for his service...

i think he just learnt new trick. i've never receive his sms reply. hahah

Hi, from this thread, seems like Ah soon is difficult to contact. Surprisingly I called him yesterday morning for a quote, he is very fast to respond and view my house to give a quote in the very afternoon.

But his handphone keep ringing, really busy... now awaiting for his quote. Keep my fingers crossed... he did my house before.. now the second time.. duno about his workmanship now? anyone can share?

Hi, i was suppose to meet uncle yesterday, to confirm the renovation and give him deposit, but he gave me a miss flight again... den one thing i discover is, he like to play sms, even 11pm plus, chinese wording... if you sms him, he will reply thru sms...

I told him i am very scared of taking aeroplane, afraid of heights, he called me up early in the morning and say paiseh lah, i always call him Mr Pilot now, anyway, i waited 2 days for his quotation and one thing is he is very friendly, absorb many things.

Thumbs up for his service...

Edited by konajovin

Wah seashell.. you're very lucky. heh heh.

mm Uncle has different groups of workers. Some need more supervision than others. I didn't know that when I was doing my reno but mostly went ok for me. :)

Hi, from this thread, seems like Ah soon is difficult to contact. Surprisingly I called him yesterday morning for a quote, he is very fast to respond and view my house to give a quote in the very afternoon.

But his handphone keep ringing, really busy... now awaiting for his quote. Keep my fingers crossed... he did my house before.. now the second time.. duno about his workmanship now? anyone can share?

Edited by seashell

Q: Why are flat owners not allowed to engage non-registered contractors for works that do not require renovation permits?

[ Home Owners > Looking For A Renovation Contractor ]

A: Registered renovation contractors have obligations to HDB. For instance, all registered renovation contractors must ensure they:

follow HDB’s renovation guidelines/conditions

do not damage HDB property

do not cause nuisance to other residents during renovations

Even when renovation permits are not required, flat owners should engage registered contractors to ensure that renovations are carried out properly.

Actually, the keypoint is, Registered renovation contractors have obligations to HDB.

this is a true case:

person on the 15 floor is doing full house renovation. while doing the hack n etc, the neighbour below who has glass feature wall, shattered into pieces when they hack the tiles. the renovation contractor is repsonsible and compensated the neighbour below..

in short, if the contractor is licensed, at least they are answerable to hdb. vice versa..

again it doesn't mean if the contractor is not licensed, then they will run away from this responsibilty.

also, if there is hacking work or modification work involved, a licensed contractor is a must. as they need to apply permit. otherwise, it is not required to have a licensed contractor...

Wow...i'm out of action for one week and look at this thread at Page 14!

Found it very interesting, having to read through all the pages, sifting through all thoughts, views and opinions. Just a gentle reminder, that this is a public forum, whose primarily aim is to share with others their renovation processes, their joys and woes. Be objective and not subjective. Thats my 2 cents worth.

haha :sport-smiley-003:

Wow...i'm out of action for one week and look at this thread at Page 14!

Found it very interesting, having to read through all the pages, sifting through all thoughts, views and opinions. Just a gentle reminder, that this is a public forum, whose primarily aim is to share with others their renovation processes, their joys and woes. Be objective and not subjective. Thats my 2 cents worth.

Anyway tomorrow, Ah Soon going start laminating my IL place.

Saw laminate sitting at the recess area, brand is called "ace floor", nvr heard of it before...forgot to ask Ah Soon when he came what brand of laminate he is using.

Anyone home is using this brand too?

wats the purpose of this letter again? I dont get it? Check Ah Soon background?

No one's cheated, no one home is shoddily done, except bit slow at least for my case.. zz

666 this is a question we ask before, many times, just accept that we will never understand the rationale. Just let things take it's natural cause.

by the way Ace is the same as Power Dekor. This is the brand that uncle use for laminates. If you saw the Ace one, ask uncle to give u Power Dekor catalogue, I think there's slight difference in the selection. In my opinion i think power dekor one seems nicer.

In case some of the newbies did not know.

I had engaged an HDB registered renovation contractors to renovate

my flats. Can HDB help me to resolve my dispute with the contractor

on pricing, delay in work or poor workmanship, etc.?

HDB Registered Renovation Contractors' Scheme (RRCS) was introduced to regulate the

activities of the renovation contractors to ensure the structural integrity of HDB buildings, a

safe living environment and minimal unsightly alteration to the form of HDB buildings

when carrying out renovation works in HDB flats.

Where there is a dispute between the flat owner and his renovation contractor on the pricing,

work schedule, type and quality of the renovation works, both parties will have to resolve

the matter between themselves as such matters relate to the contract signed between the flat

owner and the renovation contractor. If the flat owner and the renovation contractor cannot

settle the dispute amicably, both parties could seek assistance through the Small Claims

Tribunal or seek legal redress through court proceedings.

Thanks ncy, I forgot to add in this also.

HDB's disclaimer:

Disclaimer:-

HDB makes no representations whatsoever and shall in no way be responsible for the quality of the workmanship of these registered renovation contractors, the materials used by them in their renovation works, their financial status, etc. Renovation contracts entered between the flat owner and the registered renovation contractor are strictly a private matter and HDB is not privy to them.

Edited by jaskel