Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Why am I agitated over an innocent suggestion made?Its because of this sentence

There's no need to post everyday since u already completed reno

Pls be more precise before writting. If you read it, it opens avenues for different kind of intepretations.

U can write all u want. Likewise pple can post all they want too.

And I never say that its wrong to update postings daily. Its only that I am low profile and different than others. So I hope you observe online etiquete as well by not trying to read between the lines and twist and turn my statement by making it as if I am blasting people that post and share daily their updates.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ncy, do not take the replies too personally. instead of looking at y people "attacked" u, why not just give more objective feedbacks? do you read the post by Pet on engaging Ah Soon? I think she is pretty detailed there...I also went thru a search on IDs and contractors before settling on Ah Soon.

I do not think anyone tries to stir up any sort of misunderstandings, but I can't help but feel some posts are always pretty subjective in different opinions.

i ever ask a forummer to reconsider carefully when he visited my place and he is doing an overhaul to his EM as I told him uncle is not good with datelines. He also knew, and shared that uncle told him that he can't finish the job with that few weeks. However he went ahead with signing uncle...we do not "sell" him in a way, we do share possible problems....also do not want people to meet with bad experience as reno itself is pretty daunting especially most of us holds a day job.

Merryman said it, we shouldn't speculate for those who has yet to get a quote from uncle or even his direct customers.

your view was said, we read that; i am sure other potential customers of uncle also read that.

Edited by familyof4

ncy

Yes, u r right. No one is to dictate if u r to post everyday or not. And certainly i don't see the need for u to flare up over a suggestion that u share ur pictures. I'm sure it will benefit a lot of other forummers like myself who was totally lost when we 1st got our keys.

Why r u so agitated over an innocent suggestion? Apologies accepted, thou i'm seriously offended by ur blasting comment. Pls have some online etiquette in replying questions/suggestion made.

U can write all u want. Likewise pple can post all they want too.

red_devil

I was one of the guilty ones too! But wat's so wrong w me posting my own reno in my own t-blog when that's the whole idea for renotalk to have a t-blog section? I see fantastic works from everyone else too, be it Ah Soon/contractors/IDs, which i think i love reading.. in preparation for my next house to come! So keep posting! :P

fannie/ivy

Don't worry lah. 清者自清, 无必要越苗越黑. :P

Edited by mrspiglet

Yes precisely, when someone comments on Ah Soon negatively, those people are attacked. When Ah Soon postive comments are given, did anyone disputed the fact? I dont believe so. Those forumers incl myself just say, okay, Ah Soon may not be suitable for those who have tight deadline and he is not a licensed HDB contractor (not per my quote, someone else found out on that)

i seriously think that this topic is digressed. this thread is about the contractor. we say our views also being pin pointed.

Just got to move on...why make a big u-turn and come back harping on the same issue? when people says the customers get emotional (i was being accused before), so by reacting back to the same issue makes the person who started it to fall into the same pit too right?

I guess no point arguing over this right?! Even the yeakers will say that Yeak do a very good job for them, the Ho Bee people also posted for Ho Bee, and Tau Interior too...

And for those who have not been quoted by Ah Soon or not direct customers, we should just not overspeculate on things since those promoting their contractors/ids have valid posts, valid t-blog, no point saying that they are like relatives to ah soon or whoever. They just recommend something good to them, that's all.

hmmmm... it is pretty obvious who among Ah Soon supporters is sensitive about this, ain't it?

I say I am different than the rest who updates daily also cannot, people respond also cannot, people say bad thing also cannot. people say take Ah Soon with a pinch of salt also cannot. Ah Soon supporter sell his contact can.. but ah soon non believers choose to PM personally the forumers is criticized, people ask we tell but then also cannot, kanna say until like dunno what....

So when bad reviews are given, a barrage of same old songs comes out from Ah Soon few selected supporter's jukebox.

Yes I suggest you who is reading this, Ivy to let it go Btw, this is not your thread Ivy, this thread is for all, dont treat it as if its yours.Just like you share your true views,others can do the same, its up to readers to decide and make their choice. And I believe others incl me also got better things to do.

Btw, I just copy and amend your feedback to write mine because if you point 1 finger to others, 4 fingers point back at you :)

hmmmm... it is pretty obvious who is trying to stir something ain't it?

people active and update daily also cannot, people respond also cannot, people say good thing also cannot. people built good relationship with own contractor also cannot and got suspected as ah soon's relative. other people sell their contractor and ID can.. but ah soon customers didn't even sell, people ask we tell but then also cannot, kanna say until like dunno what....

when bad reviews are given how come nobody say cannot huh?

how leh like that? So this is a forum to say bad things only ah?

*puts on ear plug, wear bullet proof vest* in case kanna shoot again.

Mrs Piglet, just let it go. Let whoever wanna stir up things go and stir so long as in our own thread, we share our true views, it is up to readers to decide and make their choice. We got better things to do then waste time be audience in a omo self directed, self acted drama. ;)

Hi reddevil, I sincerely hope I am wrong in intepreting, if I had misunderstood what she said, then I would like to take the opportunity here to apologize to mrspiglet for this outburst of mine which is totally unwarranted from my end. I am sorry.

But if she said what I think she said, then...yeah, I meant every single word I said from my last posting hahahaha.....

whether or not i am using ah soon, i will still post my updates of the reno on a daily basis if possible. i like to read back and look back at the transformation that i've documented.

Hmmm..I think you misunderstand her statements ba? :unsure:

"There's no need to post everyday since u already completed reno. After and b4 pics will do enough justice for your contractor."

I think she means.. How about posting before and after pics to share; so we can see the contractor work. :unsure:

and to MrsPiglet...."I think those who give daily updates are just devoted to renotalk, and eager to share their joys and woes abt reno and their new house. To each his own.".

Yes!....I am one of them...heeheehee...Will get a t-blog soon to share since I learn and gain quite a lot from the forum.. heehee

Hi mrspiglet, I will choose to air my views whenever I like it or wherever allows me to. So dont really get your point. This is not North Korea under Kim Jong Il or Iran under Ahmadenijad where I cant express my views.

Who are you to tell me not to post everyday since I already completed reno?

Hi Mrspiglet, I had PM several of the forumers that asked for my contractor contacts. As for experience wise, forummers also did ask me and I had shared with them my point of view and shared with them all the details. I am a low profile guy, unlike some who likes to give daily updates on Uncle Soon progress, thats not my style. Hope you understand.

Hi matchgirl, I will PM you the contact.

sigh. like that those who are as low profile as u who doesnt really post but only reads.. will not get to know how gd ur contractor is. There's no need to post everyday since u already completed reno. After and b4 pics will do enough justice for your contractor. I'm sure u wanna share gd things too right? Ur profile is quite high in Ah soon thread also ah... Hahah!

I think those who give daily updates are just devoted to renotalk, and eager to share their joys and woes abt reno and their new house. To each his own.

:rolleyes: