Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Prune

Can Relaminate Kitchen Cabinet?

If the seller left behind kitchen cabinet in good condition, except I don't like the colour, can I get the capenter to relaminte? Is it wu hua to do so? I mean is it cheaper to do new one?

Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
If the seller left behind kitchen cabinet in good condition, except I don't like the colour, can I get the capenter to relaminte? Is it wu hua to do so? I mean is it cheaper to do new one?

Thank you.

http://www.mudian.com.sg/ always advertise in classified acts but recent months have stopped. Dont know why but maybe to cut cost :D

i think it'll be slightly cheaper to change the laminates so most people tear down and do up new cabinets.

What i heard from my ID normally the cost is quite high to relaminate. Most people redo. Somemore relaminate at certain difficult angle can be quite challenging unless you've got a very skillful relaminating worker. Good luck. :)

What i heard from my ID normally the cost is quite high to relaminate. Most people redo. Somemore relaminate at certain difficult angle can be quite challenging unless you've got a very skillful relaminating worker. Good luck. :)

That is what I have heard from some contractor

Was quoted about 3K+ for 17 feet kitchen cabinet plus kitchen solid top 1K

If refurbish (not re-laminate), I wa quoted 2.5K (to change handles and change a few doors)

Think its bo hua ba

But still, anyone got any contact to change laminate to the existing kitchen cabinet?

Thank You

That is what I have heard from some contractor

Was quoted about 3K+ for 17 feet kitchen cabinet plus kitchen solid top 1K

If refurbish (not re-laminate), I wa quoted 2.5K (to change handles and change a few doors)

Think its bo hua ba

But still, anyone got any contact to change laminate to the existing kitchen cabinet?

Thank You

If differences is only 1k, I rather change the whole thing, because we never know whether the structure got rot liao bo.

If differences is only 1k, I rather change the whole thing, because we never know whether the structure got rot liao bo.

For most carpentry works, the material cost is usually not the "killer", it is the labour cost involve to to the works. thus the difference is not a lot if you change the laminate or the whole wardrobe. I had the same concern before, in end the difference is 500 -1500, depending on the table top and the hacking cost.. So we choose to change the entire kitchen cabinet and at the same time you can design the cabinet space to meet ur needs. :)

hi

just got my new old place...

seller was quite upset when i said i wanna hack out the kitchen becoz it was not my fave colour and not useful to me in terms of layout.

seller said it's rather a new kitchen and.. might be cheaper to re-laminate.

i've havent source out any contact yet and so i'll be following this thread..

good luck in your actions!