Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clockwork

The Topic Parents Avoid

Most parents want to do their best in talking with their kids about sex and sexuality, but are often not sure how to begin.

I personally started talking to my son about the birds & the bees when he was only 2 yrs old.

For instance, when teaching my son where his nose and toes are,I wld include "this is your *****" in our talks.

When my friend was pregnant , I'll ask if he noticed that auntie's tummy is getting bigger, and I'll explain

that's because she's going to have a baby and she's carrying it inside her. And ask if he knows how the baby got inside her.

I'll also tell him that no one can touch his privates and he too can't touch other's.

Now he's 7 yrs old , and he basically knows what sex is , now I have to explain what GAY is ...coz his godma is gay , and he keeps asking me why

she's not married yet. Haiz...kids and their never ending questions

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wait till he tells u... he wants to see u try having a baby.

Actually he already knows.... Once when we thought he was asleep , decided to have some *ahem ahem * time with hubby,

he came barging in the room and tried to pull the blankets and said ..." are you guys making a baby " ? " Then make it quick , so

I can have a brother to play with" ! Haiyah... :P

Haha! Funny story! :)

I have a colleague who has a 3yr old boy. He'll sleep on the bed while the parents sleep on the mattress next to the bed. There was once when my colleague and hb thought that the son was asleep and decided to have some *ahem* time. After awhile one of them looked up and saw the son lying on his stomach and looking at them, smiling. :D

before my boy was born, we'll take turns to bathe with my gal. Hubby was a little uncomfy initally, but soon got used to it. I think it's good for her to see the difference in our body structure :) When my boy came, she was used to seeing the P*nis and understand the difference in a gal and a boy. As for sex, we tried teaching her a little and for me, I do not reject getting intimate in front of my kids, cuddling, kissing and such are pretty norm.

But I remember reading somewhere the "process" will actually leave a -ve impression to the kids as it is deemed as something very "abusive".

My gal ever woke up halfway thru our "session" and I quickly pull the quilt and cover up! Quite hilarious!

Me & hubby will openly kiss and cuddle with my son ard. He'll always tease us , but we'll tell him that we're

married, so it's ok to show affection to each other. That it's ok to do it as long as the couple is married. :P

I think that kids shd see us share a brief kiss or a hug here and there. My parents never did that stuff in front of us. I never saw my mum kiss my dad or even hug him. I have had to work really hard and only now have I been able to show public affection to the love of my life.....

"Making love" isn't just s##, but hugging, kissing, and generally being affectionate. I want my son see that we love one another...not only does it give him good self-esteem and stability in his live (because they know that they came from love and share in it as a family, even if they can't express that in such terms), but it shows him how to love and how to love modestly. :)