Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

yur tiles off align? mine too!:bangwall: thank god patrick help to rectify it...

Here here!

also got the same problem :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hello peeps

just got final quote frm Patrick! I think his carpentry is a bit expensive... anyone got the same feeling? A bit taken aback... haiz... see how when i meet him again... other than that. quite reasonable. looking forward to my reno!

means you havent come across those cut throat PCKs yet.....cheap cheap but this one not included, that one must pay...etc.

HIDDEN COSTS my fren...this is wat patrick doesnt do thats why so many pple recommends him.

I find his pricing is on the average.

hello Mace

what sort of hidden costs? can share?

i am already thinking if i should skip the carpentry and just buy off the rack furniture... sigh... do away with full height wardrode and just buy... and buy TV console instead of custom make... buy shoe rack too...

of course getting it off the shelves are cheaper. But considering the quality and customised design, I feel that Ah Keong's carpentry is value for money.

hi Lukcas and all

I dun really understand about what u mean about quality, do u mean quality of the materials? or quality of workmanship?

i guess good quality materials can be bought right...

as for workmanship.. do u mean like ah keong is able to get the doors and selves very straight / aligned? and he can stick the laminates very close to the edges? and the ABS trimming are very finely done?

thankz...

Yup.... I meant the worksmanship as in the finishing. I think the material are pretty standard (the type of wood behind the laminates). On top of that, if you spot anything that is not right, tell them and they will amend for you.

okie thanks... i guess i need to rework my budget again!

by the way, patrick gave me 2 tiles supplier to choose from, multibuild and lian seng heng.

may i know which one has more variety and which co did u choose in the end? thanks!

okie thanks... i guess i need to rework my budget again!

by the way, patrick gave me 2 tiles supplier to choose from, multibuild and lian seng heng.

may i know which one has more variety and which co did u choose in the end? thanks!

i think i took mine at lian seng heng..te one nearer to the road side one.....but mine is off align...not te tiler fault..is te tile itself lor..so when choose better choose carefully

as for hidden cost, i did came acros someone in another forum..whose house defects is fix by a hdb contractor. she actually ask the person to retile the kitchen walls due to crack. she paid extra for the tiles and initially te contactor say ok..then later on ask for more money cos he claim tat e tiles beri difficult to tile n cut..blah blah...so bo bian hav to pay.

Hi hi,

thanks for the advice...

I am going to lian seng heng and multibuild to check out their tiles this weekend! may I know HOW can i tell if the tiles are off aligned?

my plan was to have an open dining and kitchen area so the floor of both will have the same tiles.

is Patrick's tiler good? How many does he have?

I've redesigned my TV console, simplified it a LOT. Hope the revised quote will be within my budget!:P I changed 2 times already.

Hi hi,

thanks for the advice...

I am going to lian seng heng and multibuild to check out their tiles this weekend! may I know HOW can i tell if the tiles are off aligned?

my plan was to have an open dining and kitchen area so the floor of both will have the same tiles.

is Patrick's tiler good? How many does he have?

I've redesigned my TV console, simplified it a LOT. Hope the revised quote will be within my budget!:P I changed 2 times already.

off-alignment tiles = you cant tell until they arrived.. :)

it's a quality control issue regardless of how cheap or how exp your tiles may be.

Hi guys

Oh No... so does it mean that no matter whether i get tiles from lian seng heng or multibuild, and no matter how much the tiles cost, i have no control over this tile alignment thing?

does Ho Bee's tiling usually have this problem? I shall ask patrick about this man. hmm...

other than that... anyone did replastering of walls before? I intend to do that. and box up my toilet sewerage pipes... was quoted $800 for that. is it the norm?

also, what solid surfaces choices does Patrick have?

hmm... or maybe i should just wait until i meet him again and bombard him with all these questions instead of asking the forum.

thanks...

Hi guys

Oh No... so does it mean that no matter whether i get tiles from lian seng heng or multibuild, and no matter how much the tiles cost, i have no control over this tile alignment thing?

does Ho Bee's tiling usually have this problem? I shall ask patrick about this man. hmm...

other than that... anyone did replastering of walls before? I intend to do that. and box up my toilet sewerage pipes... was quoted $800 for that. is it the norm?

nope you got me wrong, it's not patrick's problem, it the problem of China tile factories.

unless patrick own all the tile factories in China then it's his problem :notti::notti::notti:

as long as your tiles cost around $3 psf, 99% is china maded.

liangsengheng or multibuild or whatever company is also the same...

hi all

managed to clarify about the tiling. the alignment problem surfaces only when ur tiles are aligned very closely with 1mm grouting. the thicker ur grouting, the less of a problem is alignment. anyway patrick said that if the tiles are seriously out of line, they will call the homeowner to take a look before laying the tiles.

and he also agree with u guys that it's a manufacturer problem.

i think patrick is quite experienced and professional... albeit a rather serious and non-smiling person... haha. anyway hubby and i have had quite positive experience with him and 99% confirmed signing with him...

u know ah... from the start I just had this feeling that we will end up taking Ho Bee... after going to 8 contractors, we still end up choosing Ho Bee. Hope that things turn out well and we are not wrong in judging him at face value that he is a good contractor. Very frank about the costs involved as well. We have a good feeling about this reno... :sport-smiley-004: