Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi all,

Still waiting for Patrick to send the quote to me .. 9 days liao.. is it normal? I have called to chase him a few times until I feel pai seh as well. Do u guys who engaged Ho Bee waited a long time for the quote? :curse:

Hubby is losing confidence in him - his view is if he takes more than 1 week to prepare a quote, will he delay the works? Anyone encountered any delay in reno completion? :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Still waiting for Patrick to send the quote to me .. 9 days liao.. is it normal? I have called to chase him a few times until I feel pai seh as well. Do u guys who engaged Ho Bee waited a long time for the quote? !!

Hubby is losing confidence in him - his view is if he takes more than 1 week to prepare a quote, will he delay the works? Anyone encountered any delay in reno completion? :P

Previously we emailed him our floor plan and he took 2 days to reply us. Yesterday my hubby and I had a discussion and decided to have Ho Bee to renovate our house. We like his frankness and most imptly, he gave us a a peace of mind and also a lot of recommendations in the forum.

Previously we emailed him our floor plan and he took 2 days to reply us. Yesterday my hubby and I had a discussion and decided to have Ho Bee to renovate our house. We like his frankness and most imptly, he gave us a a peace of mind and also a lot of recommendations in the forum.

What do yr reno works involve? Time line proposed? Mrs. Quek (Patrick's wife?) called - she will email the quote to me by this afternoon. :P pray for a good quote

What do yr reno works involve? Time line proposed? Mrs. Quek (Patrick's wife?) called - she will email the quote to me by this afternoon. :P pray for a good quote

i dun quite remember wat is in the quote. I can name a few which is false ceiling for whole house except toilets, MBR, 2 bedrooms and kitchen, kitchen cabinets, shower screens for both toilet, doors for all bedrooms and toilet. That is all i can remember. This quote is not confirmed cos my hubby is still considering wat we want to add and wat to remove into the quote. Moreover, i haven't got my house keys. should be getting it in 2-3 mths' time.

hi

my hb has been asking for quotation frm patrick since 3 wks ago! till now still no reply... :(

mrs quek tell us that they r very busy with their onhand proj..

:yamseng:

did u guys faces this pblm as well?

Hi all,

Still waiting for Patrick to send the quote to me .. 9 days liao.. is it normal? I have called to chase him a few times until I feel pai seh as well. Do u guys who engaged Ho Bee waited a long time for the quote? :jawdrop:

Hubby is losing confidence in him - his view is if he takes more than 1 week to prepare a quote, will he delay the works? Anyone encountered any delay in reno completion? :dunno:

think it's normal for hobee.

but dont worry about renovation - never heard of delays.

they got their biz thru word of mouth....cos they dont advertise nor taking part in reno exhibitions.

this is HOW good their reputation is.

btw, i believe you didnt meet up with patrick? just email? then wait long long.....

Edited by MaCe

think it's normal for hobee.

but dont worry about renovation - never heard of delays.

they got their biz thru word of mouth....cos they dont advertise nor taking part in reno exhibitions.

this is HOW good their reputation is.

btw, i believe you didnt meet up with patrick? just email? then wait long long.....

Finally! The quote is in :dunno:

Met up with Patrick 2 Sundays back ... Mrs. Quek said the delay is due to Ah Keong being out of action and Patrick has to handle all customer calls and site visits etc etc ..

We are waiting for another 2 more quotes before deciding on the final 2. I have a total 5 quotes (incl HoBee) to compare as of now. Hope the remaining 2 quotes will come in asap.

:yamseng:

Does Ho Bee have a website?

nope, they are true blue contractors - work 6.5 days week go home eat sleep wakeup work. where got time for IN-tar-net? !!

Meeting Patrick tmr again, it was really nice of him to fetch us & bring us to go to see his ongoing projects... I just asked Mrs Quek if is convenient for Patrick to fetch us, she said no problem... :rofl:

Meeting Patrick tmr again, it was really nice of him to fetch us & bring us to go to see his ongoing projects... I just asked Mrs Quek if is convenient for Patrick to fetch us, she said no problem... :lol:

hi Miu Miu,

u confirmed with hobee already?

wondering if we can tag along to see as well - save patrick 1 trip :dunno:

trying to get an appointment with patrick is like making appt to see top notch gynae :lol:

General Question: Is it all right to bargain? I know one can do bargaining with IDs. Will contractor be angry if we try to bargain?

Thanks.

:sport-smiley-004:

hi Miu Miu,

u confirmed with hobee already?

wondering if we can tag along to see as well - save patrick 1 trip :dunno:

trying to get an appointment with patrick is like making appt to see top notch gynae :lol:

General Question: Is it all right to bargain? I know one can do bargaining with IDs. Will contractor be angry if we try to bargain?

Thanks.

:sport-smiley-004:

24.gif

blossom, em difficult to bargain one...just tell him you no money can cheaper or not.

most pple just assume you house big big sure got fat fat bank acct.

Ho Bee Supporters,

We confirmed to engage with Ho Bee services oredi. :dunno:

So here are our questions do's and don't list when we sign on the dotted line. Before I put up this list, i never thought about it. but this forum really scare me with those shoddy contractor out there. N our budget is oredi super small. can't afford to have a blow up.

1. Deadline? Should we put it for black n white purpose

2. FOC stuffs like drilling holes for picture frames etc

3. Painting (sealer+coats) etc?

4. Payment? When we need to pay them based on TC

5. What are the terms we need to look out for?

Sorry yah if we sounds like too demanding customers. But we are really anxious rite now... :sport-smiley-004: