Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thank for this... l'm waiting for his quotation now :deal:

fishpond, how long does he take to finish up ur home? More than 6wks? Anyone engage him in 2009?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had my renovation done by Ho Bee.

I would use Patrick again because he is reliable, pleasant, negotiable, not pushy. His problem is he can be too busy to really monitor quality but if you complain, he will try to fix it for you. You need to know what you want, design etc and supervise the renovation quite closely yourself.

Part of the problem I think I had with Ho Bee was...Ah Keong whom Patrick relied on as his designer, coordinator etc were maybe overworked and was rebelling and giving Patrick a lot of problems which inturn translated to me. That was unfortunate because I am not really interested in their internal fights, I just want the project to be completed on schedule. The rift between those two caused a bit of delay and misunderstanding which towards the end of my renovation was really pissing me off.

Having said all that, I haven't not had any problems with Ho Bee. I am overall ok with the renovation if I accept that some unplanned delays and problems will occur. As long as Patrick is willing to deal with it and come to a win win solution, that is more important. This I think Ah Keong has yet to learn from Patrick. He can be less accomodating. Both men are fine but I would prefer to work with Patrick. He needs to find 2 persons who can help measure with a bit of design advices thrown in. That might avoid an unhappy overworked (designer, carperter, supervisor etc that Ah Keong had to full fill)

Just my two cents.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I would use Patrick again because he is reliable, pleasant, negotiable, not pushy. His problem is he can be too busy to really monitor quality but if you complain, he will try to fix it for you. You need to know what you want, design etc and supervise the renovation quite closely yourself.

Part of the problem I think I had with Ho Bee was...Ah Keong whom Patrick relied on as his designer, coordinator etc were maybe overworked and was rebelling and giving Patrick a lot of problems which inturn translated to me. That was unfortunate because I am not really interested in their internal fights, I just want the project to be completed on schedule. The rift between those two caused a bit of delay and misunderstanding which towards the end of my renovation was really pissing me off.

Having said all that, I haven't not had any problems with Ho Bee. I am overall ok with the renovation if I accept that some unplanned delays and problems will occur. As long as Patrick is willing to deal with it and come to a win win solution, that is more important. This I think Ah Keong has yet to learn from Patrick. He can be less accomodating. Both men are fine but I would prefer to work with Patrick. He needs to find 2 persons who can help measure with a bit of design advices thrown in. That might avoid an unhappy overworked (designer, carperter, supervisor etc that Ah Keong had to full fill)

Just my two cents.

Hi Fishpond,

Do u mind PM me ur final quotation from Ho Bee? I am also waiting for his quotation but still haven received.

thanks. my email address is lytan1@hotmail.com

Just my two cents.

patrick is a workaholic + tons of patience - I will definitely stick to him for any reno works in future.

Hi Fishpond,

Do u mind PM me ur final quotation from Ho Bee? I am also waiting for his quotation but still haven received.

thanks. my email address is lytan1@hotmail.com

i believe fishpond's quotation could be too far off - ah keong left hobee for quite some time already.

one thing to take note about hobee's quotation - when comparing with other contractors.

hobee's quotation will "ALWAYs" look more EXPENSIVE - but when coming to the end of reno - your price remains the same. cos no HIDDEN cost!!! No point having a cheap cheap quotation and then when reno starts - sorry this one not included must pay extra, that one also not included.

although there are contractors out there who can match or even cheaper than hobee's pricing.

Do take note that patrick has a IRONCLAD reputation for his honesty + aftersales service.

hobee's quotation will "ALWAYs" look more EXPENSIVE - but when coming to the end of reno - your price remains the same. cos no HIDDEN cost!!!

although there are contractors out there who can match or even cheaper than hobee's pricing.

Do take note that patrick has a IRONCLAD reputation for his honesty + aftersales service.

AGREE!!! :good::good:

Patrick is certainly v patient and totally unlike any contractor i came across so far. I m beginning to look like a goldfish whenever he says ok to every request i made. Somehow i keep expecting even a little reluctance to go an extra mile, and extra mile and then somemore. Nope.... no such thing from Patrick.

M now thinking of more evil thoughts... like choosing a darker shade for the front door after he had painted it the colour i chose.

But Patrick aside, the plumber i got as his sub-con doesn't seem to be doing Patrick a service. Threw away a water heater part, and failed to connect the air-con drainage pipe with the sink pipe for drainage (even though the pipe was hanging there... waiting to be connected. Even stupid as stupid does me know something needed to be done there. And i HEARD Patrick telling him to do precisely that 4 days ago. Now my kitchen sink's pipes are sweeswee... WITHOUT the aircon pipe connected to it. )

Hi all,

I am new to renovation.

Just got the email quotation from Ho Bee, they are really fast. is the quotation final? I haven't gotten the keys to my apt yet, so there are some issues that I can't remember. Can I ask Patrick to do a on-site quote again once I get the key or I have to confirm now?

Also, do you guys buy the sink, hob, hood etc yourself?

One last thing, is there any price difference in terms of renovation for condo vs HDB (for the same job)?

Hi all,

I am new to renovation.

Just got the email quotation from Ho Bee, they are really fast. is the quotation final? I haven't gotten the keys to my apt yet, so there are some issues that I can't remember. Can I ask Patrick to do a on-site quote again once I get the key or I have to confirm now?

Also, do you guys buy the sink, hob, hood etc yourself?

One last thing, is there any price difference in terms of renovation for condo vs HDB (for the same job)?

Hi, please go thru the quotation, it won be the final until you have further discuss and met him. Normally the first quotation will tend to be a little bit ex, but along the discussion, do not be shy to ask for further discount. You can also ask more quotation from other ID firm to compare the price, from there you will be able get to know the price better. Usually, it tooks 3 to 4 round of discussion before the finalisation of the quotation.

I would suggest you buy the sink, hob etc yourself as it will be cheaper than provided by the Contractor as they will earn a commission from there.

Hi,

I'm also currently sourcing for an ID. This Patrick seems to be the ideal ID, but is he more of a contractor than a designer because that's what I'm gathering from most of the comments posted.

Thanks!

Hi, please go thru the quotation, it won be the final until you have further discuss and met him. Normally the first quotation will tend to be a little bit ex, but along the discussion, do not be shy to ask for further discount. You can also ask more quotation from other ID firm to compare the price, from there you will be able get to know the price better. Usually, it tooks 3 to 4 round of discussion before the finalisation of the quotation.

I would suggest you buy the sink, hob etc yourself as it will be cheaper than provided by the Contractor as they will earn a commission from there.

Thanks FLY. I am waiting for three more quotations from 2 ID and 1 contractor. Does Ho Bee finish the renovation on time?

Thanks FLY. I am waiting for three more quotations from 2 ID and 1 contractor. Does Ho Bee finish the renovation on time?

I haven sign any contract with him yet, just met him today to discuss more. A very patient guy and did promise can be done within the time frame. He will tell you wat can be done and wat is not. Actually, his carpentry work is quite reasonable but not the painting work. Am now waiting for his next quotation after amendment and further discount. hehe

Does Ho Bee finish the renovation on time?

yes. you will be surprise how efficient they are when the date is drawing near.

Hi,

I'm also currently sourcing for an ID. This Patrick seems to be the ideal ID, but is he more of a contractor than a designer because that's what I'm gathering from most of the comments posted.

Thanks!

hobee is a REAL contractor - while many in the market arent real Interior Designers. :notti:

when you have enough of house warmings - you will realise that EVERYONE 's design is the same although they all engaged different IDs. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi all,

Since Patrick is a contractor, do he do a bit of design? I only want simple stuff and with his experience, i think he can do better than us.

Can anyone help email to kohweekuan@yahoo.com.sg on his final quotation.

Thanks!

Can anyone PM me the how to get in touch with Ho Bee?? Thank you so much in advance!!!

Hi Shuseido,

hv pm you. let me know if you didn't receive it.