Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Just hoping to get some opinion here, not so sure if it's appropriate..

I've received quotes from Ho Bee and Impress21 and the final price is in fact almost the same, (though the breakdown prices varied quite a bit).

So, between Ho Bee and Impress21, which one would you guys choose..? (urm, i know this is Ho Bee's thread.. so kinda dumb to post this here, but i can't simply start a thread eh.. :bangwall: )

Haha, I also approached Impress21 for a quote during my shortlisting stage ;)

The difference is Impress21 is an ID so they will do the planning, 3D images and coordination of reno for you, while for Ho Bee you would need to do all of those yourself since Patrick is a contractor, not an ID.

As long as you plan and tell him exactly what you want him to do, you will definitely get the end result you want. But if you have a busy schedule, you might want to consider getting ID to help you plan and coordinate the process. But I think for ID, do prepare to spend a bit more in the end because they will be quite a number of add-ons to your original quotation.

If you are interested in Ho Bee's workmanship, you can browse through my T-Blog...my house reno is 99% completed as of today :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ya i saw your blog WorldAngel, super nice.. :)

We have our own design and dont need 3D. We produced the same drawing and requirement to all the ID and contractors that we went to. Impress21 is actually more like a contractor than an ID la.. he also produced itemised quote, which is better than those package deals that's really not transparent..

Edited by TimTams

Ya i saw your blog WorldAngel, super nice.. :)

Actually we had our own design and dont need 3D. We produced the same drawing and requirement to all the ID and contractors that we went to. Impress21 is actually more like a contractor than an ID la.. he also produced itemised quote, which is better than those package deals that's really not transparent..

Hehe thanks...

Oh didn't know that Impress21 is not an ID, I always got this impression that it is an ID House haha...but then again I never went to meet with them face to face because they quoted us a bit on the high side...

Hmm maybe you can inquire if Impress21 will do the coordination of the reno for you? For example, if the items ordered have arrived, would they be there to help you check thru the items? Or do you need to be there yourself?

For us, we have to go down all the time to coordinate..so quite a hassle...

Hmm he didn't really mention whether it's a client or prospect specifically haha...

His services are very good...his workers are all very professional and trustworthy. So far, my husband and I have been very pleased with their workmanship that we kept buying drinks for them everytime they work haha. And my house renovation is completed within 1 month from the date it started..now just left the kitchen backsplash and installation of doorbell.

Do create a T-blog once ur reno starts! :P

oh then perhaps its me haha... my appointment with him is at 1pm...

Its assuring to hear that you are please with his services =) perhaps we might engage him... see how it goes... Need your advise and the rest of the forumers advise. I always wanted a rainshower but Patrick says its not adviseable cuz I don't want the pipe of the rainshower to be seen so need to hack the wall and link the pipe up to the ceiling. and because mine is a private apartment he is worried for us that the Management might not give us the defects guarantee after we hack the bathroom =( so sad. Do you think I should ignore the warranty part and just get my dream rainshower or heed Patrick's advise?

oh then perhaps its me haha... my appointment with him is at 1pm...

Its assuring to hear that you are please with his services =) perhaps we might engage him... see how it goes... Need your advise and the rest of the forumers advise. I always wanted a rainshower but Patrick says its not adviseable cuz I don't want the pipe of the rainshower to be seen so need to hack the wall and link the pipe up to the ceiling. and because mine is a private apartment he is worried for us that the Management might not give us the defects guarantee after we hack the bathroom =( so sad. Do you think I should ignore the warranty part and just get my dream rainshower or heed Patrick's advise?

Hmm maybe you ask the Management first whether they will give defects guarantee? What does the defect guarantee entails?

Hmm maybe you ask the Management first whether they will give defects guarantee? What does the defect guarantee entails?

Yup, probably will check on that first...

Yup, probably will check on that first...

Another possibility is to extend the wall out so that it will cover the pipings, but of course it will lessen the space you have in your bathroom...

Another possibility is to extend the wall out so that it will cover the pipings, but of course it will lessen the space you have in your bathroom...

Thanks that's a great idea! I received Patrick's revised quote and he quoted $400 more for the dining mirror cum haulage (as compared to his previous quote), does anyone has any idea what does haulage mean?

Thanks that's a great idea! I received Patrick's revised quote and he quoted $400 more for the dining mirror cum haulage (as compared to his previous quote), does anyone has any idea what does haulage mean?

Haulage mean clearing of debris, gathering them together and throw them away. Need manpower and transport costs thus most contractors will include them in.

does patrick go to ur new house to take a look first before quoting?

is he very busy now? will be getting my keys only in jan next year, not sure whether he can take on my job or not

does patrick go to ur new house to take a look first before quoting?

is he very busy now? will be getting my keys only in jan next year, not sure whether he can take on my job or not

The first quote he never went to take a look, just looked at our house plan and then he came up with his first quote...

But before the final quote, he went to our house to take a look first...

Just call him and ask if he is able to do it? Next Jan should be okie as long as you let him know fast...

thanks worldangel. so I just need to email him my floor plan and what I wanna do and he can give a rough quote from there?

what's his email? many thanks

thanks worldangel. so I just need to email him my floor plan and what I wanna do and he can give a rough quote from there?

what's his email? many thanks

His email is patrick@hobeereno.com.sg :)

Just an update from my last post.. i chose Ho Bee :)

So far very pleased with response and service.

1) Permit applied as soon as we verbally confirmed. (that's mid of last week.. hurhur...)

2) Copy of approval from HDB received in 2 days' time.

3) Reno started today :)