Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

does Patrick provide any sketches for carpentry? Else how we know or has a record of what was discuss and whether everything is done according to what we want?

Hi htng,

based on my experience, he does not provide sketches, but his carpenter keeps a "drawing book"/notes of the type of carpentry you want to do along with the measurements. Suggest you ask photocopy from them or show them what you want...for my case, have showed them sketches/ ideas of what we want, and during carpentry confirmation/measurement, we ran through what we want again.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi htng,

based on my experience, he does not provide sketches, but his carpenter keeps a "drawing book"/notes of the type of carpentry you want to do along with the measurements. Suggest you ask photocopy from them or show them what you want...for my case, have showed them sketches/ ideas of what we want, and during carpentry confirmation/measurement, we ran through what we want again.

I met up with Patrick yesterday and he is a very experience contractor. He explain the pro and cons about doing various things which makes things easier for us to consider.

yrs a resale flat ah? all too many carpentry and hacking dismantling etc?

depends on indivdual lo

Hi I'm new here, am in the phase searching for ID/contractor.

hi Zinedane and worldangel, is it possible for you to email me copy of your quotation for reference. Need to study to have some knowledge in this area before.

cgee.chua@gmail.com

Many Thanks

hi can anyone pm me patrick contact pls. need to do some minor reno on my 5rm flat. thanks

Hi,

Can anyone pls kindly pm me Patrick's contact number? Gotten my house keys already. many thnks.

:)

Hi,

Can anyone pls kindly pm me Patrick's contact number? Gotten my house keys already. many thnks.

:)

Hi hope I m not too late to give u patrick's contact ... His mobile no.96792934. My hse's Reno is almost 90% completed, done by him. He is a nice man... :yamseng:

Hi hope I m not too late to give u patrick's contact ... His mobile no.96792934. My hse's Reno is almost 90% completed, done by him. He is a nice man... :yamseng:

any pics to show? If we wants to buy those stainless steel wire baskets for kitchen cabinet, do we need to get Patrick to buy or we need to buy?

Have receive a quote from them recently.

Anyone find that their pricing is high?

Is almost like an ID price.

Anyone any comments? Did anyone successfully cut the pricing from them after the 1st quote If not I will rather go for an ID

any pics to show? If we wants to buy those stainless steel wire baskets for kitchen cabinet, do we need to get Patrick to buy or we need to buy?

He can buy for you :)

Anyone any comments? Did anyone successfully cut the pricing from them after the 1st quote If not I will rather go for an ID

It will be quite hard to slash the price as patrick is known not to give substantive discount. But you can be assured what you see is what you get - there will usually be zero to minimal hidden cost when you do renovation with him. Unlike with IDs, I have heard that the price you get at the beginning will usually increase as the reno proceeds because there were a lot of things which were not listed in the first quote.

But if you are a very busy person, I will advise you to go for IDs as you will have to arrange to meet with the deliverymen for various purchases such as your air cond, toilet accessories, etc. Patrick will not be responsible for this. Plus you will also need to tell him what colours you want to paint for all your walls, how you plan your house layout etc.

It will be quite hard to slash the price as patrick is known not to give substantive discount. But you can be assured what you see is what you get - there will usually be zero to minimal hidden cost when you do renovation with him. Unlike with IDs, I have heard that the price you get at the beginning will usually increase as the reno proceeds because there were a lot of things which were not listed in the first quote.

But if you are a very busy person, I will advise you to go for IDs as you will have to arrange to meet with the deliverymen for various purchases such as your air cond, toilet accessories, etc. Patrick will not be responsible for this. Plus you will also need to tell him what colours you want to paint for all your walls, how you plan your house layout etc.

Hi worldangel,

Can send your quotation to me at amandagohql@gmail.com

Thanks!

ok I see... My place has been hacked already because renovation started on the 12th I believe... The contractor by default should know how to hack la, this is something I felt I had to trust my contractor with since I wont know how hacking should be done right? But Patrick definitely seems to know what's going on at my place because my air con at first look he saw say immediately got problem, it was THAT obvious lol

No headache, u just have to decide whether u want contractor or ID...

Btw, started a blog (Starblume) describing all my pains and experiences. Go take a look, maybe it'll provide some insights ;)

Hi Starblume,

Can send me your quotation as I just got my place, thinking of using Patrick. Thanks!

his prices are definitely on the medium to high side, but no hidden costs. every item is properly accounted for. and he is very reliable.

i recently got another quote from a contractor who simply 'hantam' figures and quoted me up to 3x more than Patrick for many items. haulage $1000?? marble polish one living room $800?? hacking kitchen cabinet $800?? really out to rip me off. mine is not a bungalow!

Hi

Just to share my personal experience:

1) I have asked a total of 6 companies to quote: A) Ho Bee, B) 4 ID companies, C) One home based contractor

2) 3 ID companies are > 20% higher than Ho Bee, 1 ID company is 10% higher than Ho Bee, Home based contractor is 15% lower than Ho Bee

3) Out of 6 companies, Ho Bee has their own HDB license, 2 other ID also has their own HDB license and they rest all outsource tilting and hacking to others with HDB license

4) I suspect one of the ID is a contractor with 3D drawings and rendering. Reason is because the other 3 ID are very good in color matching, blending, layout etc...but the so call "ID contractor" is lost at color blending and layout.

5) I find out that some IDs didnt put in all the optional items. For example, layout of single gang switch or adding of blum hinges etc..Ho Bee put everything in black and white as optional items

6) One of my friend feedback some IDs/ contractor everything can before signing contract and after signing contract, everything cannot so choose wisely.

7) As for pricing, difficult to gauge and compare apple to apple. A cheaper one might not be good/ bad and a more expensive one might not necessary be good. As ppl says, good things dont come cheap.

8) As for 3D, after renovation, it is useless. So I really wonder it is necessary.

I just engage Patrick and reno is going to start next week. Let me share my experience later.

Hi

Just to share my personal experience:

1) I have asked a total of 6 companies to quote: A) Ho Bee, B) 4 ID companies, C) One home based contractor

2) 3 ID companies are > 20% higher than Ho Bee, 1 ID company is 10% higher than Ho Bee, Home based contractor is 15% lower than Ho Bee

3) Out of 6 companies, Ho Bee has their own HDB license, 2 other ID also has their own HDB license and they rest all outsource tilting and hacking to others with HDB license

4) I suspect one of the ID is a contractor with 3D drawings and rendering. Reason is because the other 3 ID are very good in color matching, blending, layout etc...but the so call "ID contractor" is lost at color blending and layout.

5) I find out that some IDs didnt put in all the optional items. For example, layout of single gang switch or adding of blum hinges etc..Ho Bee put everything in black and white as optional items

6) One of my friend feedback some IDs/ contractor everything can before signing contract and after signing contract, everything cannot so choose wisely.

7) As for pricing, difficult to gauge and compare apple to apple. A cheaper one might not be good/ bad and a more expensive one might not necessary be good. As ppl says, good things dont come cheap.

8) As for 3D, after renovation, it is useless. So I really wonder it is necessary.

I just engage Patrick and reno is going to start next week. Let me share my experience later.

I just started a reno t blog for my reno. Anyone interested can view at my reno t blog. Thanks