Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Would like to know how many of you actually engaged Ho Bee as your contractor in the end? :P

i did. twice. very expensive. just had an unpleasant encounter with them today. told me in future they will charge 40% extra for rush job. i thought 4 weeks is considered normal, since mine is super basic - main things are 4 simple cabinets, painting, tiling, parquet polishing.

i did. twice. very expensive. just had an unpleasant encounter with them today. told me in future they will charge 40% extra for rush job. i thought 4 weeks is considered normal, since mine is super basic - main things are 4 simple cabinets, painting, tiling, parquet polishing.

Me too. Also twice, one major one minor reno.

Used to be very pleased with Ho Bee but now heard my MIL complaining that the cabinets made by them are coming off.

The hinges rusted and so far 1 door of the vanity drawer and 3 doors of the kitchen cabinet are down!

At first, i still thought it's common, but seems like my sis's kitchen cabinet is still going strong after 10years. my MIL's house was done barely 5 years ago.

Also, they did 'installing waterproof membrane of kitchen', but now, downstairs complain of water leakage. You mean, this only last for 5 years?

Getting a new house soon, seems like have to look for a new contractor this time.

Anybody has the same problem I encountered?

HOneygal

i agree that the work you mentioned are really minor (except maybe tiling?). They took about 2.5mths to do an overhaul of my MIL's house (I was living with her at that time) that time.

Me too. Also twice, one major one minor reno.

Used to be very pleased with Ho Bee but now heard my MIL complaining that the cabinets made by them are coming off.

The hinges rusted and so far 1 door of the vanity drawer and 3 doors of the kitchen cabinet are down!

At first, i still thought it's common, but seems like my sis's kitchen cabinet is still going strong after 10years. my MIL's house was done barely 5 years ago.

Also, they did 'installing waterproof membrane of kitchen', but now, downstairs complain of water leakage. You mean, this only last for 5 years?

Getting a new house soon, seems like have to look for a new contractor this time.

Anybody has the same problem I encountered?

HOneygal

i agree that the work you mentioned are really minor (except maybe tiling?). They took about 2.5mths to do an overhaul of my MIL's house (I was living with her at that time) that time.

Probably for those who wants to engage them, talk to Patrick about the feedback u heard in the forum..Usually for reno with all the carpentry, i think it will talk 2 mths..

According to his worker, now they sort of do their own carpentry work. Maybe last time outsouce so better quality.

Would like to know how many of you actually engaged Ho Bee as your contractor in the end? :P

Hi worldangel, I'm interested in engaging Ho Bee as well. Could you also show me the quotation they offered? Cos based on the response, his prices also a bit on the high side. Need to keep my budget under check due to high COV paid.. Thanks!!!

hi.. all.. i noe this is not the place .. i had posted at "home deco" ..no one reply me lei..

i had been google-ing.. but can't really find ..where to buy sea shells (for my MBR deco), sculpture (not so expensive one) for my living room and artists who does wall mural painting for the backdrop .. Anyone can give me advices ? thanks in advance...

To WorldAngel : hi... jus finish my reno with ho bee (patrick),jus move in.. soon will do my own t -blog.. thank you so much for ur advice with ho bee..

Probably for those who wants to engage them, talk to Patrick about the feedback u heard in the forum..Usually for reno with all the carpentry, i think it will talk 2 mths..

According to his worker, now they sort of do their own carpentry work. Maybe last time outsouce so better quality.

Mine took around 6 weeks....they were very fast for mine.

as a homeowner doing my reno with hobee now, i think i can share my experience.

my parents house was done by hobee 3 yrs ago, its still beautiful and like new! note: my dad is a great cook, so there's a lot of cooking, but he is very particular about cleanliness, he will clean up thoroughly after each cooking... and i'm still drooping about the spice rack that they have! its a great house and great work done!

for my reno, i'm very very pleased, hobee has done few of my friends' house too! 1 of them came on newspaper! ho bee never publicize his work, the work you see on his website are HORRIBLE as what i told him! :D and have urged him to put up pixs of my friends' houses! NOTE: my friends and i are in the creative industry (design and advertising), so we design the house ourselves and want everything to suit our lifestyle. aesthetic and functional design is our main concern, we have certain and specific measurement for carpentry, how high a curtain should hang, how a door should open etc.... we are into that kind of details!

ho bee might be a little more ex, but bare in mind that there IS NO HIDDEN COST, such as, i want my grill to be taken down, though patrick has been urging me not to! i just dun like to be caged! so i insisted after 4wks of reno! it was not in the quotation, & he did it for me FOC, plus 1 took down and put up again (frame) bcos of some expose stuff... so how can i complain he is ex?

he also did for me a new heater point, ex!!! i was complaining and grumbling... and then guess wat? i then realized that there's a lot of work, cos the false ceiling was cut many holes and wall was hacked!!! on top of these, he converted the old heater point to a socket for me to use! now, note these things done, there is no extra cost on the what we so call "so ex ah!!"

and as a designer, we can be really fussy into details. guess what, the poor cornice guy was at my place the whole week or more!! becos i added things 1 by 1 everyday! patrick ah, i want to add 1 more roses... next day, patrick ah, i want to add 4 corners, next day, patrick ah, i know its small, but i insist i want the 4 corners... patrick ah, heater point, patrick ah, this and that!!! so the poor cornice guy was either installing the beaming and roses, if not touching up holes cut on the ceiling!! this can be truly annoying to be honest! and i did not hear any complain from ah ping the cornice guy and patrick! and most importantly, my house turn out G-R-E-A-T! (pardon me for my self praise, but i can help each time i walk in, including my neighbors and friends!)

when they deserved to be praise, i praise, this build up the morale and work will definitely be smoother and easier. positive attitude is important. and of course when i'm not happy, i will voice out. such as, my laminate scratched! changed!

hobee is of course not perfect. i dun like his electrican's attitude!!! i shouted at him TWICE and threw my drink on the floor! pissed! and of course patrick does make mistake such as told me wrong heater and i purchased, but he managed to help me solved. and i dun understand y his carpenter removed the protective layer for my glossy beautiful cabinets, cos some of them are scratched! and i won accept scratched cabient! have rejected some and warn them i will not hesitate to reject if more scratches, i even passed them my stringwrap to wrap the cabinets :D and i also duno why my less than 2 year old rubbish chute was badly scratched!!! there are definitely problems need to be solved. but then, these are minor compared to the overall job done, as a home owner, all we want is a hassle free and problem-less reno! dont we? when a problem can be solved, its no more a problem.

patrick, as my contractor, never reject any of my requests, i do give them **** design, such as study desk below spiral staircase, pull out shoe cabinet etc... he tried his best to produce what i want. well, a great job was done! its a difficult task! and i'm very pleased. :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

my reno with hobee should complete by sunday, mon & tue reserved for floor laminate, i'm really looking forward to the completion! :D my t-blog http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;#entry546061

and yes, knowing patrick will not reject my request... while writing this, i am thinking of changing my microwave cabinet to a pull out cabinet... patrick will not kill me, but long ge (carpenter) would!! :notti: talk to them after completion... :lol: :lol:

hi mei ling, i use patrick from ho bee, his mobile is 96792934, or you can contact his wife at 97736584, patrick is super busy one... so sometimes i talk to his wife.

Edited by vermilion

my very pleased study desk under the spiral staircase, the house is only 861sqft, so all space is to be utilized.

all the contractors showed me this kind of expression :blink: when i told them i want a study desk below the stairs... and some went disappeared, no quote from them! ho bee took up the challenge and produced something that i'm very pleased :dancingqueen: check it out!!

wall mount study desk and movable cabinet below!

picture28lc.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

picture29ga.th.png

drawers!!!

picture24zq.th.png

picture23cx.th.png

Edited by vermilion

my very pleased study desk under the spiral staircase, the house is only 861sqft, so all space is to be utilized.

all the contractors showed me this kind of expression :blink: when i told them i want a study desk below the stairs... and some went disappeared, no quote from them! ho bee took up the challenge and produced something that i'm very pleased :dancingqueen: check it out!!

wall mount study desk and movable cabinet below!

picture28lc.th.png

picture29ga.th.png

drawers!!!

picture24zq.th.png

picture23cx.th.png

Wow! What can I say? Solid! Which one is your carpenter? I think there are 2 designers? Mine is a bit plump one...Lol! Forget to ask him name.