Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
past 1 month le. no one sending me ho bee quote?

all is cone? muhahahaha

Whatever you do, pls do not engage Ho Bee as your contractor. They are not as good as what is mentioned here. I have the worst experience working with them.

Whatever you do, pls do not engage Ho Bee as your contractor. They are not as good as what is mentioned here. I have the worst experience working with them.

Serious ah bro? What happen? Seem likes inside are all self advertise?

Serious ah bro? What happen? Seem likes inside are all self advertise?

I'm not sure about the self advertise stuff but feel that they are over rated. Lousy workmanship and no updates on work completed. Those who have used them would understand what I'm saying....

I'm not sure about the self advertise stuff but feel that they are over rated. Lousy workmanship and no updates on work completed. Those who have used them would understand what I'm saying....

I have just finished my reno with ho bee. This is the third time I engaged them.

There are hiccups, but Patrick is still the same old good guy who did not run away from mistakes and make sure things are fixed.

The workmanship isn't fabulous, the workers differ in quality. For my side, the man doing cornice is great, carpenter ok, plumber...sucks. But the price is reasonable.

What bad experience do you have from them? want to share?

I have just finished my reno with ho bee. This is the third time I engaged them.

There are hiccups, but Patrick is still the same old good guy who did not run away from mistakes and make sure things are fixed.

The workmanship isn't fabulous, the workers differ in quality. For my side, the man doing cornice is great, carpenter ok, plumber...sucks. But the price is reasonable.

What bad experience do you have from them? want to share?

Endlssorrow

I don't think all the good comments are self adv. You speak to Patrick and know he's an honest man.

He is less adventurous and enthusiastic now then when he did my first project though.

Endlssorrow

I don't think all the good comments are self adv. You speak to Patrick and know he's an honest man.

He is less adventurous and enthusiastic now then when he did my first project though.

I have to write this about Ho Bee. I recently bought a resale flat in SK and wanted to do some small renovation. I contacted many interior decorators and contractors recommended by the forums & some friends who had renovated their units. But, probably because my renovation was too small (in 4 digit sums), most of them were not interested in taking up the job. The worst were those who will say they will reply & then conveniently forget it. Finally, as suggested by one of my friends & many forums, I contacted Patrick from Ho Bee Renovations. Right from the time of my first contact to the end of the work, it was a rather pleasant experience.

Though I mentioned on the phone that the job was a small one, Patrick personally met me to understand the complete details and then we revised the quotation a couple of times due to some confusion I created with my explanation of stuff to do. Finally he promised to complete the whole job in a short time to have the house ready before CNY holidays. Then he surprised me again by completing the job almost a week before the promised completion and handing over the key to me even before I made the full payment (just yesterday). There was some thing missed out (a small switch) I didn’t notice until he left after receiving the final cheque and he still came back to have a look at it. Then he sent his electrician to fix it though he had received the payment & could’ve just ignored me.

To me, all these are clear indications of his professionalism & pride in the work he do. He showed that whether a job is small or big, he as a professional involved in this industry will respect the person who contacted him. Then by supervising and completing the job in good & timely manner he showed that he is proud of his work. For sure, I will never hesitate to recommend him to anyone who is looking for a person to do up their house. I don’t know about the design aspects as my house didn’t need much complicated designs. But, he was clear in explaining the different views & aspects to consider. In fact he recommended me not to do something I wanted to, as the item was having a weak support (existing before) and could fail after a few months of opening/closing. That saved me a few hundred dollars and he had no reason, except his professionalism, to do that.

For the people with negative experience, remember the old saying “it takes two hands to clap”.

I have to write this about Ho Bee. I recently bought a resale flat in SK and wanted to do some small renovation. I contacted many interior decorators and contractors recommended by the forums & some friends who had renovated their units. But, probably because my renovation was too small (in 4 digit sums), most of them were not interested in taking up the job. The worst were those who will say they will reply & then conveniently forget it. Finally, as suggested by one of my friends & many forums, I contacted Patrick from Ho Bee Renovations. Right from the time of my first contact to the end of the work, it was a rather pleasant experience.

Though I mentioned on the phone that the job was a small one, Patrick personally met me to understand the complete details and then we revised the quotation a couple of times due to some confusion I created with my explanation of stuff to do. Finally he promised to complete the whole job in a short time to have the house ready before CNY holidays. Then he surprised me again by completing the job almost a week before the promised completion and handing over the key to me even before I made the full payment (just yesterday). There was some thing missed out (a small switch) I didn’t notice until he left after receiving the final cheque and he still came back to have a look at it. Then he sent his electrician to fix it though he had received the payment & could’ve just ignored me.

To me, all these are clear indications of his professionalism & pride in the work he do. He showed that whether a job is small or big, he as a professional involved in this industry will respect the person who contacted him. Then by supervising and completing the job in good & timely manner he showed that he is proud of his work. For sure, I will never hesitate to recommend him to anyone who is looking for a person to do up their house. I don’t know about the design aspects as my house didn’t need much complicated designs. But, he was clear in explaining the different views & aspects to consider. In fact he recommended me not to do something I wanted to, as the item was having a weak support (existing before) and could fail after a few months of opening/closing. That saved me a few hundred dollars and he had no reason, except his professionalism, to do that.

For the people with negative experience, remember the old saying “it takes two hands to clap”.

I have to share my side of story too. My experience with Patrick was extremely horrible.

1) He never offered any advice to me from the start of the renovation. I know that contractors does not offer design ideas but I do expect technical advice from them.

His reply is always :" Up to you" if I asked him anything. I'm not sure if he understands the pros and cons of the issue or is he nonchalant about it.

2) He does not like to hold responsibility. This is in reference with point 1. If anything goes wrong, he will say it is my fault because I'm the one who wanted it this way, not him. Then he will charge me extra for the rectification.

3) He does not renovate in the interest of the house owners. For example, he didn't ask if I wanted a concrete housing or plywood housing for my sink area. Friends who have visited my place asked me why I didn't choose a concrete housing as it is more lasting.

4) He never give me a schedule or update of the things that he is doing. This is because he himself also didn't know the status! I know this because he couldn't answer me whenever I asked him.

It is always:" I will check" but he never got back to me. This is very bad because I'm not able to return to the new house to check on daily basis.

5) It is very difficult to get hold of him. I'm very lucky if he ever picks up my call. But then, he always sounds hostile, giving the impression that he does not like to be disturbed. This is especially so during the weekends when he would just forward his calls to his wife. It is very frustrating because I need to get hold of him urgently to discuss on the renovation stuff and he is not available. On the other hand, his wife will always pick up the calls but she has no idea of what is happening.

6) He will give me a black face if I pointed out any defects to him and will mention that nobody does it this way. Why? So that he don't have to rectify the mistakes caused by his people.

7) The main reason why he never collects any payment in advance is because Patrick has no design nor colour combination skills. He needs to do this to lure customers. It is a good move considering that most contractors / ID would demand some $$ upfront.

The overall feeling I have is that I need to tell him what to do exactly, visit my house on daily basis to check on the status and inform him if there is any mistakes. It turns out that I'm the contractor, not him.

I'm not lucky to have someone to remind me of this. I hope there won't be a 2nd case. For those who are still having renovation with him, do stand firm when pointing out defects to him because I know he likes to give people black face.

For those who wanted to sign up with him, pls try to call him and see if he is willingly to entertain your calls or give you ideas or feedback on your renovation. After all, getting hold of your ID / contractor and able to communicate with him is the most important thing, right?

Do not be lured by his no payment upfront because there is a catch.

I would highly not recommend him to anyone.

I have to share my side of story too. My experience with Patrick was extremely horrible.

1) He never offered any advice to me from the start of the renovation. I know that contractors does not offer design ideas but I do expect technical advice from them.

His reply is always :" Up to you" if I asked him anything. I'm not sure if he understands the pros and cons of the issue or is he nonchalant about it.

2) He does not like to hold responsibility. This is in reference with point 1. If anything goes wrong, he will say it is my fault because I'm the one who wanted it this way, not him. Then he will charge me extra for the rectification.

3) He does not renovate in the interest of the house owners. For example, he didn't ask if I wanted a concrete housing or plywood housing for my sink area. Friends who have visited my place asked me why I didn't choose a concrete housing as it is more lasting.

4) He never give me a schedule or update of the things that he is doing. This is because he himself also didn't know the status! I know this because he couldn't answer me whenever I asked him.

It is always:" I will check" but he never got back to me. This is very bad because I'm not able to return to the new house to check on daily basis.

5) It is very difficult to get hold of him. I'm very lucky if he ever picks up my call. But then, he always sounds hostile, giving the impression that he does not like to be disturbed. This is especially so during the weekends when he would just forward his calls to his wife. It is very frustrating because I need to get hold of him urgently to discuss on the renovation stuff and he is not available. On the other hand, his wife will always pick up the calls but she has no idea of what is happening.

6) He will give me a black face if I pointed out any defects to him and will mention that nobody does it this way. Why? So that he don't have to rectify the mistakes caused by his people.

7) The main reason why he never collects any payment in advance is because Patrick has no design nor colour combination skills. He needs to do this to lure customers. It is a good move considering that most contractors / ID would demand some $$ upfront.

The overall feeling I have is that I need to tell him what to do exactly, visit my house on daily basis to check on the status and inform him if there is any mistakes. It turns out that I'm the contractor, not him.

I'm not lucky to have someone to remind me of this. I hope there won't be a 2nd case. For those who are still having renovation with him, do stand firm when pointing out defects to him because I know he likes to give people black face.

For those who wanted to sign up with him, pls try to call him and see if he is willingly to entertain your calls or give you ideas or feedback on your renovation. After all, getting hold of your ID / contractor and able to communicate with him is the most important thing, right?

Do not be lured by his no payment upfront because there is a catch.

I would highly not recommend him to anyone.

I had similar problem with him too. Screwed up my wedding planning then. Did not bother to reply ur call.

The calls always transferred to his wife. Did not sign with him eventually as not responsive to your needs.

Think the problems lies with his wife.. Was so bent on having him to do my second renovation. My first reno was done by him and I am very happy working with him. However ever since his wife took over, I have problems contacting him, or even clarify things with him. KNowing that I will have to talk to his wife most of the time, I dropped the idea of getting him to do my reno for my 2nd property.. Patrick once promise to do something for me, but halfway through he didn't complete. I know that he will keep his promise so I didn't push him. After 4 years, I need that rectification to be done, so called patrick up to ask him to complete the task.. Cannot contact him as the call was always transfered to his wife, his wife insisted that no such thing as patrick will never promise to do it for free. She was so convincing that I thought I am wrong and even apologized to her. In the end, I spent money to ask someone do it instead and realised that Patrick has already done 90% of it. This proves that I am right, his wife is wrong, Patrick did keep to his promise, just that he did it halfway as I expected. Problem is his wife do not even bother to ask Patrick to call me and I have no chance to clarify with him. I am considering ah keong.. Since mine is a new private property, I just need capentry works..

Patrick is really a very nice guy, very easy going and honest. He never fail to rectify any problem and his attitude is always so good. But after 4 years, I realised some problems with the reno, called him- transfered to his wife.. and I felt so stressful to ask her rectify things cos she is totally different from Patrick..

Edited by rachelcheng

I had similar problem with him too. Screwed up my wedding planning then. Did not bother to reply ur call.

The calls always transferred to his wife. Did not sign with him eventually as not responsive to your needs.

wow liao huh...all the negative plus positive feedback, like dat how to choose him???? :(

Hi guys, still suffering from anger and frustration. Probably will share with your after things are over. Envy all of your to have a smooth and gd experience with them.

Maybe if they are so busy, as they claim or at least this is how they protray to me, im more than willingly not to have them for my hse renovation. Some damages might be unrecoverable...lucky my wife is calm enough to calm me down as well.

Bro,

wat happened? can share?

Bro,

wat happened? can share?

My advice is find one that can find time to discuss face-to-face when things need to recify.Not to divert the problem to wife who does not know the anything about reno.

My advice is find one that can find time to discuss face-to-face when things need to recify.Not to divert the problem to wife who does not know the anything about reno.

The business how to carry on? If so many person complain, who will call them?