Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Glad that i read this reno thread from first page till now.... I did email ho bee for quote, which was replied within a week. Before i emailed ho bee, i checked with hdb website, no demerit points for the past 24mths. After receiving his quote, i went to read up abt ho bee here....

Maybe his workers' quality and workmanship has gone down. As i have limited funding, i dont want to take the gamble...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Yokine9a,

I have the same thoughts as you!

Can you provide the link about his lousy work?

Regards

Hi, sorry for my late reply. No, I didn't take any pic of his lousy work as I started my part-time study after I moved in. Have been quite busy with my course. If you have friends studying TCM, you will know how stressful it is. Maybe I should take some pics before I do a revamp reno work next year, sure want to remove whatever work done by HB. Now I feel pity for the granite kitchen top as the reno will definitely spoil it :(

Hi, sorry for my late reply. No, I didn't take any pic of his lousy work as I started my part-time study after I moved in. Have been quite busy with my course. If you have friends studying TCM, you will know how stressful it is. Maybe I should take some pics before I do a revamp reno work next year, sure want to remove whatever work done by HB. Now I feel pity for the granite kitchen top as the reno will definitely spoil it :(

Hi,

I can understand how you feel. Deep in my mind, I have been contemplating about revamping my house to remove his works too!

But not enough $$$ now, so got to wait a while :(

I just called patrick today n send my floor plan to Ho bee for quotation.

Attended by his wife n informed with replied my quotation in 7-10 days time

Keep my finger cross!!

I just called patrick today n send my floor plan to Ho bee for quotation.

Attended by his wife n informed with replied my quotation in 7-10 days time

Keep my finger cross!!

Have you read recent posts on patrick?

Korn, exactly how i feel too. everytime i look at HB's substandard reno work, i want to undo everything! just blame myself for being silly to pay so much and get crap quality (creaking floor tiles, unvarnished solid surface top, poor quality kitchen cabinets and wardrobes, paint splutter, mouldy mirrors on day 1, leaking pipes within months etc). i used a different carpenter (Sun Hup) at my old place and their quality was wayyyyyyyyyyy better for the same price. they never shortchange me in service or workmanship.

i seriously never expected HB's work to be this bad.

Korn, saw some of the bad review n good ones. I believe many of his good workers had left.

So far no news from him. But I had approached a few others.. Heard before Impress21? Any feedback?

Bento

Korn, saw some of the bad review n good ones. I believe many of his good workers had left.

So far no news from him. But I had approached a few others.. Heard before Impress21? Any feedback?

Bento

Nope, never heard of them before

I login here to get Mrs Quek's contact cos need to do some carpentry recification work cos of 5-yr warranty.

U guys are right, his standard & service is down the hill..

My 1st property was done by him in year 2004, no complaint cos mabbe is new flat.

My 2nd property was done by him last year, lotsa of complaint which the earlier posts did pointed out, mabbe cos is resale, need teardown & rebuilt..

My future 3rd property??? no way I going to engage him again..in fact I have stopped recommending him after my last renovation with him...enuff say.

My 1st reno also done in 2004, but now my 2nd reno I'm not going to use Ho Bee. Patrick is a nice guy but I think his sub-con workmanship can be better or maybe last time due to budget constraint that's y the quality used also not atas. The reason why I chose him is because he quote me a lump sum to hack the wardrobes in all the existing bedrooms when the others quoted me by per foot run.

i used ho bee in 2010 for my hdb flat (1st owner). so sad to say, that the workmanship isn't that good. :no: after 4 years, the cornice in my children's room fell off. :angry2: good thing it happened in the day time and the kids were not in the room. have some electrical works redone as well. the vanity cabinet in my 2 bathrooms now need to be changed because of sloppy plumbing done, water just seeped through and got molds. good thing, my kitchen sink, I had ho bee redo it 3x in 2010 because the plumbing contructor that patrick got doesn't know how to install the teka sink and tap properly. yes, i never stopped complaining then until they installed properly, because we are heavy users of kitchen and sink with small kids around. patrick is a nice good man. but the quality of his subcontracts are not that good anymore.

anybody can recommend good contractor, please pm me. thank you very much!

Hi guys, any LATEST feedback on Patrick , Ho Bee ?

Thinking of engaging him as i will monitor the whole job coordination.