Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
newbiexx

Lightings.com.sg Any One Bought From Them

SO lucky !!!!! i recommended so many customer to them liao .... dun even have a PSP ..... U super heng sia

You recommended so many to Henry too...ask Henry to hold lucky draw ah! hehehe...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
oh, no!!!! Tts e light I bot! Must b they clearing old stock, all e salesppl pushing it :( how was it delivered? R the glass rods separated? So it means we got to fix it up

one by one??? Can Keep me updated how u did it leh....?

Wat abt yr fan? Wat model is it? Is it e elmark VIP series?

After much debate (heated ones) with three or four people from Lightings.com.sg over the phone, they finally agreed to come down to install the light for free. The light comes with a frame, a part that has the ballast etc, 4 packs of rods and crystals and i box of halogen light bulbs. They told me that is the 'standard practice'. They explained that it is not advisable for the rods to be fixed to the frame before installation because once fixed, the light becomes very heavy and will be difficult to install. Also, the rods may knock against each other and get scratch during the delivery. I agree with all their points, but to me, they should fix and install everything when they deliver the light to my house. They cannot expect me, a customer who may not have much experience in fixing electrical stuff, to assemble every part myself. I am not buying lights from a DIY shop, am I? If they have told me upfront that I need to pay extra for the installation, I probably would have gladly agreed to it. I am unhappy with them for exluding standard service that other lightings shop provide to make their pricing look good and then charging the customers for the service after the sale is confirmed. By the way, you mentioned that you were told that there is no installation charge even when you asked the salesgirl? Then I think she is dishonest and you should demand for free installation.

As for the fan, my model is crestar 54" SV. But I think it doesn't matter which model. All ceiling fans require proper balancing duirng installation to ensure that they don't wobble when turned on. I agreed to pay lightings.com.sg $35 for this because my ID's electricians could have done it have they been more skillful.

After much debate (heated ones) with three or four people from Lightings.com.sg over the phone, they finally agreed to come down to install the light for free. The light comes with a frame, a part that has the ballast etc, 4 packs of rods and crystals and i box of halogen light bulbs. They told me that is the 'standard practice'. They explained that it is not advisable for the rods to be fixed to the frame before installation because once fixed, the light becomes very heavy and will be difficult to install. Also, the rods may knock against each other and get scratch during the delivery. I agree with all their points, but to me, they should fix and install everything when they deliver the light to my house. They cannot expect me, a customer who may not have much experience in fixing electrical stuff, to assemble every part myself. I am not buying lights from a DIY shop, am I? If they have told me upfront that I need to pay extra for the installation, I probably would have gladly agreed to it. I am unhappy with them for exluding standard service that other lightings shop provide to make their pricing look good and then charging the customers for the service after the sale is confirmed. By the way, you mentioned that you were told that there is no installation charge even when you asked the salesgirl? Then I think she is dishonest and you should demand for free installation.

As for the fan, my model is crestar 54" SV. But I think it doesn't matter which model. All ceiling fans require proper balancing duirng installation to ensure that they don't wobble when turned on. I agreed to pay lightings.com.sg $35 for this because my ID's electricians could have done it have they been more skillful.

For my case , they already told me upfront that I need to assemble my light myself . If Their guy will to assemble it will be $75. So end up I spend 4hr doing it. My dear "Discoco" light

When I asked the salesgirl, she said there was no need for special installation, not that there was no charge.

I can't remember if I asked them what's the charge if I get them to install.

For my case, I've decided to ask them to install the dining light AND the fans since they would be more skilled in it. The shop will waive the $18 delivery charge since they're going to ask the electrical contractor to bring the stuff I bought. So on that day, I will hv 3 contractors in my house - my chosen electrician to install the downlights and other ceiling lights, the shop's electrician to install the dining light and the fans, and my curtain contractor who will install the curtain tracks! They have to play 'musical rooms' :D Should be fun to watch..... :P

Edited by Umaisarah

ooooo, i just bought 2 ceiling lights from them last saturday!

8025-3sv.jpg

Hanging Pendant in black, for my dining area

A037-BK.jpg

Hanging Ceiling light for living room

I bought & self-collected the lights on spot & brought it over to the new house. My electrician will fix up the lights & install on ceiling for me. ;)

IMO, i think their prices are very reasonable & service was pretty good. The salesperson also did inform me before i made payment - that delivery was $18. If i need installation, 1st light is $35, followed by $7 thereafter.

My wife and I went to the branch in Balester Point last Friday (after having our dinner at Fa Qi Ren BKT :P ), reached there around 7pm.

We were sourcing for lights for bomb shelter, kitchen, toilet and living room for my parents' new house.

Overall our experience was a pleasant one. The sales guy attending to us was very patient and detail in his explanation.

Self-collected the items as they were not very bulky. Price I think reasonable too (though I did not really compare around prices much).

8025-3sv.jpg

A037-BK.jpg

I bought & self-collected the lights on spot & brought it over to the new house. My electrician will fix up the lights & install on ceiling for me. ;)

IMO, i think their prices are very reasonable & service was pretty good. The salesperson also did inform me before i made payment - that delivery was $18. If i need installation, 1st light is $35, followed by $7 thereafter.

I went there today and got the same Hanging Pendant in Black for my dinning too... LOL I opted for the 20W Philips Warm White Energy Saver. :-)

Is this the usual delivery cost - $18?

and installation cost $35, and $7 thereafter?

Is this the usual delivery cost - $18?

and installation cost $35, and $7 thereafter?

Yes, delivery at $18.

But if you want installation, delivery will be waived.

Installation - 1st light at $35, subsequent lights at $7 each.

I bought all my lights from them - total about $800+

Brought my sis down the following week and she also bought from them - and with this "recommend a friend" promo, I get 10% off my purchase. They're sending my a cheque for the 10% rebate :good:

**To get the 10% rebate, both you and your friend need to spend minimum $500 (excluding fan); rebate to be based on the lower bill.

jus to share my story. i went dwn to the jalan besar branch to purchase 2 lightings for living n dining room. the prices are really attractive. the salesperson who serve us wasnt really professional bt i am still ok with it.everything was fine until the setup of our lights. we did the setup ourselves. for dining room,we brought the 3 hanging crystal pendant.fixing till the end,short of 1 crystal. i really didnt expect that.was disappointing.

then the living room light, was another disappointing thing. we brought a hanging pendant design. when fixing we saw there is alot of burnt mark outside the pendant. this is confirm unacceptable so we call back n guess what the salesman told us ? "we can exchange another one for u bt i can tell u it will be the same cause the products are all like that ". what does they mean all like that n why didnt the salesman told us at the first place? i was really disappointing. he told us to bring it dwn to exchange n collect 1 of our hanging crystal.

nw i am afraid that the material is nt so gd n it wont last long. i am blaming myself why in the first place i finding cheap stuff.. do u guys have the same thing as me? he told me alot customers also complain about the burnt mark. pls advise what i can do. i really sad upon seeing the lights. 1 more thing. the salesperson didnt told us about the lucky draw thing. do u guys fill up forms for the lucky draw or u all auto in ? my purchase was $600 plus n i dun think it is a small amount. ty.

I guess I was really lucky because all my lights at home were purchased from lightings.com.sg and there was no defect.

Perhaps my designs were simple, no hanging pendant etc, thus the possibility of defects were minimized. My only fanciful design was the brown one pictured above (but mine is round instead of square).

I am pleased with the quality so far.

8025-3sv.jpg

A037-BK.jpg

May i know how much for this 2 item each?

Hi any bought lights from lightings.com.sg at 515 balestier road

Nope. But we've got ours at Singapore Lighting at Balestier Road and is the worst deal & shop that we want to share.

It was close to Chinese New Year that after making purchase from the store we've agreed to postpone the installation to 7th day of Lunar New Year as we understood their tight schedule to accomodate before the festive though we very much wanted to.

Installers had a real rush on that day as firstly they claimed they are held up by the earlier group and had to rush off to the next family after they've completed installation at our place. Patching up of ceiling holes had been refused and installation of fan was loose. We then decided to make a request to Singapore Lighting to ask them have the installers back to do a remedy.

The salesman whom we made the purchase from was obviously new and could not really handle the technicians as they claimed they will not made a second trip. After several conversation with the salesman, we felt that he's stucked between the technician and his own boss. Decided not to make things difficult for him and to solve the problem as simply as possible, we requested for his boss to call and we solve the issue personally.

This is when we really had a shock at Singapore Lighting boss, Albert's attitude! The minute he called and my hubby answered, he demanded what does my husband wants from him with an absolutely frustrated tone. My hubby then related the issue and requested if he could send his technician to remedy. Immediately he refused and even saying that they will not held responsible for technician's job!! We are really pissed off by then as we felt that this absolutely means that once sales is closed and customer paid, the deal is sealed and there will not be anymore after sales service provided. Is this what customer service is supposed to be???

I bought my chandeliers from them too. Their pricing is hard to beat especially on the chandeliers. Supposed to be Egyptian crystal which is better quality than the china crystals. In any event my chandeliers was much much cheaper than all the other lighting shops along Balestier. Only complaint from me is that the guy who supposed to arrange for my delivery and installation is quite blur. Mixed up the date for me and now my installation is delayed by a week.

Edit: Forgot to mention, their price on the PLC and E27 downlights is quite okay too. But it's cheaper to buy the LED downlights from elsewhere.

Edited by Bunnymummy