Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Charon88

Please Advise (hollow Floor)

I facing a problem now which is my living room cement screed is abit hollow in some areas after the drilling holes on it (for filling up with cement so that it can stick with the tiles when lay on it).

My ID suggests to solve this problem, it have to hack the whole cement screed in living room and it will cost me $700. May I know got anyone encounter such an incident? My hse is an resale flat directly from HDB. Please advise.

Thanks & Regards

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

sorry don't get your story. You bought a house, obviously with tiles. And u did a cement screed over it for overlay? Where did the holes comes from? who drilled the holes?

of coz id will wanna earn money from u, sure the easiest solution proposed to you would be the most lucrative solution (to them).

sorry don't get your story. You bought a house, obviously with tiles. And u did a cement screed over it for overlay? Where did the holes comes from? who drilled the holes?

of coz id will wanna earn money from u, sure the easiest solution proposed to you would be the most lucrative solution (to them).

No. When I bought this resale from HDB and found that the previous owner never lay any tiles on it, just a normal cement screed which done by HDB. The owner using the mat to lay on it which people using in 1980's in one room flat.

Before reno, my ID told me that they were drilling small holes on the cement screed all over the living room so that when laying the tiles, thoe holes which fill with cements would fully hold on the tiles to prevent any wraps and there will be no air gap between tiles and floor.

After drilling, the problem appear. she told me that some parts of the cement screed are hollow after drilling small holes and when laying the tiles, it still will be hollow and the solution is to hack the cement screed before laying tiles to prevent near the future to hear hollow sound when drop somethings on the floor.

Thanks & Regards

1) complain back to HDB first to see what solution can they offer. Request them strongly to hack and screed it nicely for u (see if it works).

2) your contract sounds abit fishy. First they say can solve the hollow floor and started drilling, next they say sorry can't solve, need to hack. Did u check the floor hollow-ness yourself by knocking with a hard object, to determine the area, size by using e.g pebble? If the area is small... have u consider to ask some odd job bangla to hack it for u... ?

Edited by hihihi