Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
st002

Warning: Don't Buy This Resale Flat-petir

Hi, i bought my resale flat from Mr Ang at Petir rd, he told us he's moving to stay with his parents at blk 142 Petir road #06-286. We received letter from loansharks in March so made police report, but he lied to us saying he lost his ic and a lot of bull****... Today our main door get splashed with paint!!! So I'd like to warn people who want to buy resale flat, don't buy his parents house, coz we've pasted notice outside our house to tell the loanshark his current address already.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i think not only ah long sucks...

After that incident, someone advised us to make sure that the ex-owner changed his ic address, so that he can't use the ic to borrow $$$ from ah long again.

But since the police officier advised me not to confront the ex-owner in person, i went to Bt panjang Neighbourhood police post (Blk 124 Pending road) to ask for help!

There was this lady police officer that refused to help, saying that it should be done by CID, not them. She said she as an neighbourhood police officer, got no power to go to the ex-owner's house to ask to check his ic!!! No wonder now there are more and more loan sharks around, coz our Singapore Quality Award winner, the "best home team"? are not helpful! They just sit in air-con police post, wait for people to report a case, then print out the report. (I also ever encounter another police officer at the same police post, very funny, we went there the 1st time when we found a paper under our door saying o$pay$...he asked us if we want to report the case...I don't understand, it's obvious that there's a crime (maybe not serious enough for them to pay attention?)...but the police not interested at all! even ask if i want to file a report...what kind of attitude is that?)

I'm very angry by the attitude of these police officer! I seriously wonder what kind of training the police officers went through..Y so many of them so Bo Chiap!

I'm very angry by the attitude of these police officer! I seriously wonder what kind of training the police officers went through..Y so many of them so Bo Chiap!

it really bad luck right. so did ah long appear in your house again? what about install CCTV in your house?

how much u bought your house?

why police officier advised you not to confront the ex-owner in person?

send your feedback to REACH

this should make them stir abit more

I called up the ah long, since i suspect the CID will just sit on the case and do nothing to help. I told him the new address of the ex-owner, also asked him when he borrowed the $ from him, and was told during the HDB 2nd appointment that time, the ex-owner went to borrow the $.

I pasted a lot of posters on my windows and wall, telling people the new address of the ex-owner, i hope the ah long can leave us some peace.

The place was $255k, 35k cash over valuation. 4A. Not too cheap, considering it's 20 yr old.

I don't think cctv will work, coz even u caught the guy in video, pass to police, they also can't catch the guy. so it's as good as none.

thanks, June, i just wrote to REACH.

Before that i was writing the feedbacks on the police website, and guess what, they only allow 200 characters with spacing! So short, how to complain?

Think that website really suits their image! same kind.

st002, you should go to the police HQ at Chinatown to make the report.

The police there more experienced.

Tell them your seller didn't change his IC address, and you are facing loanshark harassment issues because of that.

Give them where the current address since you knew.

If you want to be completely sure, make a trip to meet your MP session, they will write a letter for you, it will make the police move faster.

Nowadays, they tai chee out a lot of cases, as if everything they also no need to do.

when u go police post to change address, they'll just paste a new address (in sticker form) over the old laser marked address... so basically u can peel off the new address (since it's only a sticker) and go borrow some more.

forgot to tell that ask them to divert to all revelant organisations.

you can also divert to as many organisations as possible. HDB, police, Town council etc.

Also state that it's your very last wish to have to go onto the public media (newspaper and TV) to let them know how 'fast' the ppl move.

but yes, New address only paste over old ones.

So the ex-owner must go to immigration department and change to a new one (offer to pay the change for him) and to destroy the old one.

However, the family members also must change wor. wait use family members' IC to borrow money.

Before that i was writing the feedbacks on the police website, and guess what, they only allow 200 characters with spacing! So short, how to complain?

Think that website really suits their image! same kind.

hey st002, i really pity your situation, becos i was previously also a victim too. but i tink i am worse off than you, becoz the i didn't even know where the ex-owner lived! i kena harrassed for so long, until i am fed up and asked my brother to call to confront the ah long. and then asked the agent who sold me the flat, to help me to call the owner's brother. for my side, i made police report, and called the CID everyday. dis police huh, not efficient one leh i am telling you.

That time i went down to the police post also the same thing. no use 1 leh. the police officer even played games when we stepped in, and fast shut down the game. tell them to send pple to my hse then the officer said okay. after that we quickly went home when they told us they would reach in about half an hr's time. i wait for 1 hr!

send your feedback to REACH

this should make them stir abit more

Go to Ministry of Home Affairs Website...Feedback to MHA...Then it is a top down approach....It helps coz no use if you work from bottom up...the people at grond level very slow to react

when u go police post to change address, they'll just paste a new address (in sticker form) over the old laser marked address... so basically u can peel off the new address (since it's only a sticker) and go borrow some more.

The ah longs nowadays also become smarter...they make sure that the borrower step into the house before handing over the cash to the borrower. So for those who rent out rooms to tenants....be aware of people who follow your tenants back...nowadays...the ah longs don't just base on the address on the IC...they also want to see that you really stay there...

Just wanna update the lastest procedure for changing of IC address. You needs to bring along documentation proof to support the request. Secondly, yr old address information will be peeled of on the spot, no more over laying like in the past.

cheers