Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
celerygoh

Curtain Company To Recommend?

Hi manutd1972,

I'm unable to send u new messages, can u give me the contact for the curtain company you used?

Can also pm me the quotation he gave u? Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i just had roller blinds done today by Mr Chew. he also does curtains and other window stuff.

one word: FANTASTIC!!!!

quality:

rolls up and down smoothly and in proper alignment too. u cant see the edge of d blinds overlapping as they roll up.

service:

u knw hw installers hv to drill mounting holes into ur walls or ceilings n dirt & dust is generated n after they finish d job, u'll hv to clean up, vacuum and mop, plus surrounding furniture also gets coated wif dust? well, wif Mr Chew, thr's no need to. he's got a customised vacuum tt he uses to vacuum up d dirt & dust as he drills. for clean freaks like me, this is just perfect. those who call him, can mention Jason frm Jurong East. he'll surely rmb my newspapers....lol.

price:

blew my mind. unbeatable, given the level of service n quality u get. even my painter, and my ID also jawdrop.gif bowdown.gif when they heard his quote to me. obviously, both of them asked me for his contact.

as far as i'm concerned, nx time, whenever anyone ask me for referral, or whatever house i stay in, all my curtains, blinds etc will be done by Mr Chew so long as he's still doing it. even if i hv to pay him a little bit extra to do....haha.

for those who want his contact, PM me.

We are going to use J&S in IMM. We've spoken to this guy named Henry in the store many times, he's very patient and kind. My aunt recommended them to us- her family used Echelon in Park Mall and it is the same company even though they have like 3 different names. I've read reviews that their stuff is on the higher end but the fabric quality really stands out from the rest. My aunt spent around $7k for curtains in her (terrace) house but she picked a really expensive fabric for her living room huge sliding window and that alone cost around $4k *faints*. That fabric is around $180/m while the others that she chose are in the $30/m to $60/m range.

It's really difficult to compare absolute dollar values because how much you spend on curtains depend on what type of fabric you choose. Ours we are probably going to buy the fabrics in the $39/m to $50/m range.

Oh and of course, we'll try to bargain a bit lah! ;)

EDIT for clarity and typos.

Edited by beeyeng

No recommendations for u because we only went to one shop call Jim*y Te*tile and got very lousy after sales service.

First time we went on a weekend, which was very crowded. The staff didn't really help much and left us to ourselves. The price the quote is competitive, but other than that... nothing much nice to say about them. Very "hang up and sell" in my opinion. No wonder they are in this "line". No one recommend any fabric to us. The guy who supposedly serve us just left us alone and tend to another couple. Dunno is it we never do enough curtains and the other one do a lot, so focus all the time on them. Simple "bo chup" us like that. I was kinda pissed.

Then I thought, never mind, give them another chance, maybe really very busy on weekends.. I go back another day, weekday this time. I ask them to show me fabrics, they like "ai mai ai mai". Then push me back to the previous guy who serve us. Halfway through I ask him if he recorded my previous selection for the living room. He say he didn't jot down!!! Sibei DL. Choose liao never write. Lucky I still remember which colour and fabric but another part I forgot.

Then wanna install the curtains, I change the day cos got something, then he refuse to tell me a timing, cos he say d installation guys schedule he duno have, but how come on that day I confirm the fabrics he can immediately flip through a book and jot down the schedule? Simply too lazy to move his arse to look for the schedule in my opinion. And he say can only confirm the timing with me the day before.

Well, well, the timing he gave sucks. then the person say is I choose the timing... I sibei "hot". I wasn't given any choice at all about the timing.

If u can stand the lousy service they offer.... well, they are quite competitive in terms of pricing... but other than that... NOTHING GOOD about them.

Then how is their curtain installation? Is it good? Which outlet u went?

No recommendations for u because we only went to one shop call Jim*y Te*tile and got very lousy after sales service.

First time we went on a weekend, which was very crowded. The staff didn't really help much and left us to ourselves. The price the quote is competitive, but other than that... nothing much nice to say about them. Very "hang up and sell" in my opinion. No wonder they are in this "line". No one recommend any fabric to us. The guy who supposedly serve us just left us alone and tend to another couple. Dunno is it we never do enough curtains and the other one do a lot, so focus all the time on them. Simple "bo chup" us like that. I was kinda pissed.

Then I thought, never mind, give them another chance, maybe really very busy on weekends.. I go back another day, weekday this time. I ask them to show me fabrics, they like "ai mai ai mai". Then push me back to the previous guy who serve us. Halfway through I ask him if he recorded my previous selection for the living room. He say he didn't jot down!!! Sibei DL. Choose liao never write. Lucky I still remember which colour and fabric but another part I forgot.

Then wanna install the curtains, I change the day cos got something, then he refuse to tell me a timing, cos he say d installation guys schedule he duno have, but how come on that day I confirm the fabrics he can immediately flip through a book and jot down the schedule? Simply too lazy to move his arse to look for the schedule in my opinion. And he say can only confirm the timing with me the day before.

Well, well, the timing he gave sucks. then the person say is I choose the timing... I sibei "hot". I wasn't given any choice at all about the timing.

If u can stand the lousy service they offer.... well, they are quite competitive in terms of pricing... but other than that... NOTHING GOOD about them.

Actually the cost of curtains/blinds depends very much on the length of the roller blinds as well as the materials used. Eg, semi block generally cheaper than full block out materials... doing day+night curtains more ex also... etc.

I did my 3 bedrooms - 2 roller blinds (windows with 4 panels) and full length day+night curtains for MBR @ $800. If i had choose a cheaper material it would bring the cost down quite a bit. Those interested can PM me for contacts. :)

Alternatively my fren who used Ikea roller blinds says its working well for her for years. A cheaper alternative which some of u may wanna consider?

Edited by mrspiglet

Can anyone recommend any good & resonable price curtain company in west area? Normally how much to expect for a roller blind. I do not want to spend too much on the blinds as I have spend alot on my reno works.

Guest melancholic
Any shops to recommend for roller blinds???

There's just too many shops out there. And unless you're in this line, you won't know whether the price of the material or roller system is really worth the price quoted.

I just bought mine from H.W. Deco (IMM Branch) from Peter Sun. This is one area I didn't have the time to do much research. So not sure if the price I had for all my roller blinds is worth it. But I like the service provided so far. So far.. cos installation not due yet.

Hi all,

On my way to work today, I chance upon this ad on a van, www.goldenleaf.com.sg. Went into their site and it seems like their site is quite comprehensive with updated pics of their works at their client's houses.

Plus can do DIY quote estimation as well. Cool......

Try the curtain company. Contact www.thecurtaincompany.com.sg

Tried them before. Installation very quick and painless, they will bring samples to your home.

Hi

Just Kpo, lower price one can get from golden leaf. My mum just tried once and we called it quits. That's because one of the installer always drop nails and screwdriver and hammers on her parquet floor until there were holes everywhere. Despite my mum gave them cardboards and etc. And that idiot never even once apologise!!

My neighbors use Jimmy from tanjong katong there. No complains.

I used J&L, very expensice seah!! But very careful and good service. After sales service still not bad. No complains. Hope helps (one more thing, they are extremely clean because while they drill, they vacuum)

Hi Susan,

Lol.. your mum must be very angry for such careless contractor!

Thank you for the information, mind if i ask how much did J&L charged you for curtians? I need a rough guide!

Did you hear this company AGnS?

I saw their profiles, they had done alot of Hotels project. Seems very expreience and ex- but his service was good & professional, i am still waiting for price.

Celery :rolleyes: