Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shuseido

Is My Reno Quotation Reasonable? Pls Help!

I think you got to reconsider doing laminate in the bathroom (I think you are doing no. 1 in the bathroom) cause our house.. the ex owner they did the toilet with laminate cabinet at the bottom of the sink or below the vanity top... after having a closer look the wood have rot and there is a strong smell coming out of the cabinet I think its due to the fact that long closure of the cabinet. We now totally tear down the wooden item in the bathroom.

For no. 1 I would do the following:

Bottom and Top laminate vanity cabinet -> not doing cause wood material as it states laminate... wood cannot live in wet area long.

Come with lighting pelmet -> ok can do

Wall to wall mirror -> ok can do

laminate surface vanity top -> Solid surface not laminate or wood material

Just to add the painting part... I think its better to get the ID to paint all bathroom ceiling with mold guard paint... cause wet area ma. For kitchen can use the oil and water resistance paint... cause cooking alot. For kids room use the wash and wear paint... cause kids dirty the room... with paint or pens... easy to wash.

Hi zerochristy, really appreciate your suggestions and help to me!!! Really help me (100% newbie) alot. Hahaha... Thanks million.

After meeting with contractor-to-be last nite, I have temporary given up the idea to re-do the toilet. As the ex-owner did done some deco to the MBR toilet with all tempered glass type. Basin, vanity top, door, shower screen all using glass, just without cabinet. Quite nice to me, but my wife not really like it.

As for the painting part, I really have nv tot of all these things! What a lazy me!! Nv do enuf homeworks! Hahaha....

Oh ya... Do you have any recommendation to the paint you have suggested?

Mould guard paint - ??

Oil and water resistance paint - ??

Wash and wear paint - ??

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi zerochristy, really appreciate your suggestions and help to me!!! Really help me (100% newbie) alot. Hahaha... Thanks million.

After meeting with contractor-to-be last nite, I have temporary given up the idea to re-do the toilet. As the ex-owner did done some deco to the MBR toilet with all tempered glass type. Basin, vanity top, door, shower screen all using glass, just without cabinet. Quite nice to me, but my wife not really like it.

As for the painting part, I really have nv tot of all these things! What a lazy me!! Nv do enuf homeworks! Hahaha....

Oh ya... Do you have any recommendation to the paint you have suggested?

Mould guard paint - ??

Oil and water resistance paint - ??

Wash and wear paint - ??

Thanks!

Hahaha I know what I just tell you.. all is personal preference. I also learnt along the way.. you will too after a while :)

You have to tell your wife do reno got to do long lasting one.. of coz there is nothing long lasting in the world but of coz you want to keep it to the max shelf-life.

Cannot just do and do not last at all like that also waste money :D

Not lazy la... you have to go to any painting shop just get a copy of the painting book its free (they got lots of colour in it and type) There is only the famous 2 brand, nippon & ici. Paint is quite all the same.

Hahaha I know what I just tell you.. all is personal preference. I also learnt along the way.. you will too after a while :)

You have to tell your wife do reno got to do long lasting one.. of coz there is nothing long lasting in the world but of coz you want to keep it to the max shelf-life.

Cannot just do and do not last at all like that also waste money :D

Not lazy la... you have to go to any painting shop just get a copy of the painting book its free (they got lots of colour in it and type) There is only the famous 2 brand, nippon & ici. Paint is quite all the same.

Yea, me learning now. I oledy got the book from both company. Will do some homework abt paint... Thanks for the help! :)

Any other comment on the quotation I have received? :)

3. Supply & install one swing door at kitchen entrance. ($1,150.00)

* 10mm clear tempered glass swing door, 2600mm height.

* Floor spring for the door.

Someone told me, he did up the same door as above at $580. Anyone has the same door? Care to share the quotation? Thanks.

Have a nice day everyone! :)

Hi Shuseido,

Im also a newbie like you :)

But i think your swing door @ kitchen is alittle too expensive. Maybe you can look for another ID to quote extactly the same thing so you compare?

A swing door should cost abt $580, but with floor spring, maybe add abt $150 more i think (spring so that the door will be auto closed right?)

And for a small piece of glass as the fixed panel.. its so expensive?

As for Mirror facing your bed, I think perhaps you can consider having full Length mirror hidden in your closet.. when u need , you slide it out.

We used to be non-believer of FS, until something happen.. we have no choice but to believe and learn,

Still now, we are not supersitious, but rather to believe certain things and avoid some.

Edited by charemme

Yea, me learning now. I oledy got the book from both company. Will do some homework abt paint... Thanks for the help! :)

Any other comment on the quotation I have received? :)

Its ok... thats what I know for now.. nothing else I can pass to you liao unless I remember more :P

Hi Shuseido,

Im also a newbie like you :)

But i think your swing door @ kitchen is alittle too expensive. Maybe you can look for another ID to quote extactly the same thing so you compare?

A swing door should cost abt $580, but with floor spring, maybe add abt $150 more i think (spring so that the door will be auto closed right?)

And for a small piece of glass as the fixed panel.. its so expensive?

As for Mirror facing your bed, I think perhaps you can consider having full Length mirror hidden in your closet.. when u need , you slide it out.

We used to be non-believer of FS, until something happen.. we have no choice but to believe and learn,

Still now, we are not supersitious, but rather to believe certain things and avoid some.

Hello charemme!! Have a nice day! :)

Hmm... contractor quoted me $250 for the door spring. Actually, I dun need the door to be auto closed leh. Coz other than cooking time, I prefer to let the door open. Wondering will it be cheaper if I choose other closing mechanism like this (pic below)??

Can recommend me the contractor who quoted you $580 for the door? :)

doorv.jpg

I have given up the idea to do the Mirror doors for my wardrobe after talk to various frens... Seem like all gave me the NO GO advice. Hahaha... Your idea to have full length mirror hidden is great. Shall consider this.

I do agree with your opinion on FS part, better to believe than sorry... Will try to avoid those PANTANG things. Afterall, no one wish to have bad things happen and we are the one may be suffered. :)

Its ok... thats what I know for now.. nothing else I can pass to you liao unless I remember more :P

Hi zerochristy, you already help alot liao. Hahaha... Thanks once again! :)

PS: Do update me again if you remember something. Hee hee...