Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest todbee

Pls Pls Help Me To Look @ De Quotation... **worried**

Guest todbee

Hi all,

I'm newbie here....oso first time to renovate. Please kindly help me to go thru this kitchen only quote. Is the price fair & reasonable bo.... **worried** tqqqq

1.Professional services 3% of total project

a)Design consultancy & pace planning, Proposal & Perspective drawing, Selection of material, colour co-ordination, Project management & supervision & Display decoration advice.

2.Hacking WOrks:

a)Hack all existing kitchen cabinet $450

3.Kitchen area:

a)Supply labour and material to fabricate designer kitchen bottom cabinet c/w laminate finish 15ft $1800

b)Supply labour and material to fabricate designer kitchen top cabinate w/c laminate finish 15ft $2100

c)Supply labour and material to install kitchen solid top 15ft $1500

d)Supply labour and material to fabricate designer kitchen tall unit cabinet c/w laminate finish 15ft $1820

e)Supply labour and material to install glass splashback at kitchen wall 15ft $1200

4.Plumbing:

To relocate & conseal current pipe to another 1m $350

5.Other works

a)To seal up the window area with concrete 0.5mx1.5m $350

b)Clear whole house debris $350

c)Lay floor protection for affected area $180

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

I'm newbie here....oso first time to renovate. Please kindly help me to go thru this kitchen only quote. Is the price fair & reasonable bo.... **worried** tqqqq

a)Design consultancy & pace planning, Proposal & Perspective drawing, Selection of material, colour co-ordination, Project management & supervision & Display decoration advice.

2.Hacking WOrks:

3.Kitchen area:

a)Supply labour and material to fabricate designer kitchen bottom cabinet c/w laminate finish 15ft $1800

b)Supply labour and material to fabricate designer kitchen top cabinate w/c laminate finish 15ft $2100

d)Supply labour and material to fabricate designer kitchen tall unit cabinet c/w laminate finish 15ft $1820

e)Supply labour and material to install glass splashback at kitchen wall 15ft $1200

4.Plumbing:

5.Other works

HI there .erm from your quote it seem that it's kinda high/ex. Erm i guess you have to think it over carefully before you commit.Good luck

Hi all,

2.Hacking WOrks:

3.Kitchen area:

4.Plumbing:

5.Other works

Wah... noticed that there's alot of flashy terms. e.g. designer kitchen tall unit cabinet, glass splashback...

But in short i think this is expensive quote... Good luck.

I don't like your quotation especially having to fork out money to lay floor protection and clearing of debris. I never pay a single cents for these items. I will be pissed if i see such nonsense. Your kitchen is too expensive if that is to be my own quotation. Is your ID located somewhere in kaki bukit area?

Your kitchen woodwork is expensive.

I also got quotes for 15 feet cabinets. Just FYI, got from 2 different ID firms.

15 feet top and bottom same price, no diff. So 30 ft = SGD3600.

Solid surface top for 15 feet = SGD1050 (not sure what's the brand actually)

And no 3% nonsense.

Guest todbee

**help30-

**swift-

**ninku10-

**fengyi-

**DKCH-

Thanks but definitely SAD to hear about what you guys respond to my kitchen quotation, "EXPENSIVE", "HIGH SIDE" However, juz a bad news telling you guys that we've gone ahead with it liao... due to my better half quickly put down the 10% and then another 50%..... **sigh** **sad**

It's obviously we have became the carrot head liaooo... so stupid. Some more, the kitchen work is somehow stuck there.... **shake head** **sigh**

HI there .erm from your quote it seem that it's kinda high/ex. Erm i guess you have to think it over carefully before you commit.Good luck

I felt the same way..... TS, think carefully...lots of other ID for u to choose in this forum. (Atleast i think i had a good one) :)

Don't worry TS. Just have a chat with your renovator, ask them to throw in some freebies. Like, maybe sink, hood and hob, cash vouchers, etc.

I'm newbie here. I need help from all the “experienced bro & sis” to guide me to handle those ID/contractors with their quotations.

Never know having a new house is such a headache and now is only the beginning I guess.

Mine is the new enbloc replacement flat at Dover crescent. Last week our RC organized this reno road show at our void deck, I have gather some quotes and it vary from basic package like the one below and some only allow us to view the package pasted on the wall with their work like the one below but come with wardrobe X 2 with sliding doors it cost something like 13K for a 4rms unit. ( they will provide you with an itemize quotations after you sign up with them, is this the practice?

Basic package Price @$6,288 for a 4rms unit from another ID firm

Living room with homogenous tiles with skirting and chemical wash before hand over. (no mention of HS and service yard )

Haulage fees ( is this a must? mine no hacking ).

3 Bed rooms with good quality laminated floorboard with skirting (cement screed by HDB) ??

50mm ht cement base with tiles for fridge, washing machine & kitchen cabinet (no dimension mention)

Connection inlet & outlet pipe for washing machine & kitchen sink (additional charges of $80 for relocation of point)

Supply Labour & paint for whole house wall & ceiling using ICI (10 colors)

Thank you.

I'm newbie here. I need help from all the “experienced bro & sis” to guide me to handle those ID/contractors with their quotations.

Never know having a new house is such a headache and now is only the beginning I guess.

Mine is the new enbloc replacement flat at Dover crescent. Last week our RC organized this reno road show at our void deck, I have gather some quotes and it vary from basic package like the one below and some only allow us to view the package pasted on the wall with their work like the one below but come with wardrobe X 2 with sliding doors it cost something like 13K for a 4rms unit. ( they will provide you with an itemize quotations after you sign up with them, is this the practice?

Living room with homogenous tiles with skirting and chemical wash before hand over. (no mention of HS and service yard )

3 Bed rooms with good quality laminated floorboard with skirting (cement screed by HDB) ??

50mm ht cement base with tiles for fridge, washing machine & kitchen cabinet (no dimension mention)

Connection inlet & outlet pipe for washing machine & kitchen sink (additional charges of $80 for relocation of point)

Thank you.

A word of advice..... dont be swayed by the cheap package. Its a bait to get you to sign. Once that is done, a lot of hidden cost will surface. I suggest you decide what you want to do with your renovation and get quotes from several ID/contractors to quote and compare. I have visited this reno show also and find that in my opinion Orange C,Sky Crea, and HomeGui are more relaible in terms of pricing base on your requirements. You can sit down with them and tell them to propose your requirements and an estimated quote with minimal hidden cost. Good luck.

A word of advice..... dont be swayed by the cheap package. Its a bait to get you to sign. Once that is done, a lot of hidden cost will surface. I suggest you decide what you want to do with your renovation and get quotes from several ID/contractors to quote and compare. I have visited this reno show also and find that in my opinion Orange C,Sky Crea, and HomeGui are more relaible in terms of pricing base on your requirements. You can sit down with them and tell them to propose your requirements and an estimated quote with minimal hidden cost. Good luck.

Thank for your advice.

Are u also in this enblo? I came across this guy from one of the frim qupted me pergo laminated floor from malaysia @ $3.80ft2. and he calculated for 3BRMs est. 440ft2 costs around $1670. is this price reaonable?

:)

I was looking at the (10 color of paint), LOL. Who is the ID or which family used 10 color to have thier house done? Hmm, you have to be very caution about the terms they use cos contactors are tricky. Ask they to explain all the terms and put their dimission in. If you cant understand, ask them to draw out on the floor on scale to show you.

I was very impress by this ID call Daniel, he is the guy who really use a chalk to draw and explain in detail on which terms he used. This make me assign him as my ID. (Try to contact him at 83006060 )

if no hacking ask them why haulage? unless u are throwing away big pieces of furniture, if not why is there haulage? -_- trying to BS u.

if no hacking ask them why haulage? unless u are throwing away big pieces of furniture, if not why is there haulage? -_- trying to BS u.

yes. same here. Mine is a brad new flat just wonder why they charge this Haulage. One said to pay the HDB main contractor for up loading of sand using for titles, is this ture??

Thank for your advice.

Are u also in this enblo? I came across this guy from one of the frim qupted me pergo laminated floor from malaysia @ $3.80ft2. and he calculated for 3BRMs est. 440ft2 costs around $1670. is this price reaonable?

:)

Yup. $3.80psf for Pergo is quite ok.Normally price range from $3.50 to $3.90 for Pergo AC3. I am going direct to Pergo agent for the laminates. I have decided on the AC5 range which is more expensive but have the colour and design I like. As for renovation, I am in discussion with the neighbourhood contractor.