Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
worldangel

Love Nest In Woodlands (admiralty)

yes i agree with simon best is ask both of them here and talk abt it else very difficult to know who is the one who smoke you wor

also better let your plumber aware of the charges involved

I told my contractor about the charges involved. She said the plumber is very very sure that it is the tap fault.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I told my contractor about the charges involved. She said the plumber is very very sure that it is the tap fault.

personally i think it's the tap also cos my bro's place also got such problem previously and my bro bought a tap to replace and sound gone :D

personally i think it's the tap also cos my bro's place also got such problem previously and my bro bought a tap to replace and sound gone :D

So far no news from Poh Joo yet...if still no call from them this afternoon to confirm when they are coming to replace the faulty tap then I will chase after them le haha...

So far no news from Poh Joo yet...if still no call from them this afternoon to confirm when they are coming to replace the faulty tap then I will chase after them le haha...

ya better solve it asap else very irritating de like water boiling sound leh hahahahaha :P

how how how ? any update ? everything ok ?

how how how ? any update ? everything ok ?

Hubby called Poh Joo this afternoon and they said will contact us tomorrow. If they dun replace by this weekend tink have to go down to their shop le.

Plumber just came down from Poh Joo and said the problem is because there is a washer (it's a metal plate with a small hole in the middle) placed inside the tap...wich is supposed to be taken out when they installed the tap. The funny thing is the plumber from Ho Bee took out the washer in the tap in the common bathroom but didn't do so for the one in the master bathroom. That explains why there is no sound when we turn on the tap in the common bathroom but there is the wheezing sound when we used the tap in the master bathroom.

So now no more wheezing sound but we had to pay $80 to the plumber from Poh Joo for "taking up his time and to pay for his transportation fees". Have already informed Ho Bee about this and we would try to claim the fees from them.

Plumber just came down from Poh Joo and said the problem is because there is a washer (it's a metal plate with a small hole in the middle) placed inside the tap...wich is supposed to be taken out when they installed the tap. The funny thing is the plumber from Ho Bee took out the washer in the tap in the common bathroom but didn't do so for the one in the master bathroom. That explains why there is no sound when we turn on the tap in the common bathroom but there is the wheezing sound when we used the tap in the master bathroom.

So now no more wheezing sound but we had to pay $80 to the plumber from Poh Joo for "taking up his time and to pay for his transportation fees". Have already informed Ho Bee about this and we would try to claim the fees from them.

But is it a SOP to take out the washer ? then if it's just a washer problem Y the plumber that went to check yr house 1st didn't notice it ?

aiyo .... actually now I also blur who should be resposible for it .

scare poh joo say they should take out the washer while ho bee say "who know should take out washer"

But is it a SOP to take out the washer ? then if it's just a washer problem Y the plumber that went to check yr house 1st didn't notice it ?

scare poh joo say they should take out the washer while ho bee say "who know should take out washer"

yea lor I also blur. I felt really bad just now I had to call Ho Bee to claim that $80...but $80 is still money lor...

The plumber should know need to take out cos he took out the one in the common bathroom...but somehow he left the washer in the master bathroom tap...

yea lor I also blur. I felt really bad just now I had to call Ho Bee to claim that $80...but $80 is still money lor...

The plumber should know need to take out cos he took out the one in the common bathroom...but somehow he left the washer in the master bathroom tap...

ermm .... but any note written together with the tap ? Or does all the tap come with the washer ?

Actually I feel that hoe bee plumber not at fault for not taking out the washer at the 1st attempt. But hor , it's their faulty to blame it to the tap without even to verify further . If they dismantle the tap on the 2nd visit , they might have already found the root cause of the problem.

ermm .... but any note written together with the tap ? Or does all the tap come with the washer ?

Actually I feel that hoe bee plumber not at fault for not taking out the washer at the 1st attempt. But hor , it's their faulty to blame it to the tap without even to verify further . If they dismantle the tap on the 2nd visit , they might have already found the root cause of the problem.

Yea lor...he was very sure that the tap was faulty. I even called them back to confirm is it really the tap that is problematic and told them that if the tap is not faulty, i would need to pay the $80 for their fees...

So I guess that is their fault? Now waiting for their response...

Hmm the common toilet mixer doesn't have the washer. The Poh Joo plumber took it out also to check. Quite an inconsistency I can say = =

problem-plumbing01.jpg

Washer with tape??? in common toilet tap. Poh Joo plumber says the washer itself should be black in color and not this. Poh Joo plumber said that the tape in time will spoil the tap when it breaks and gets into the internal mechanisms of the mixer.

problem-plumbing02.jpg

Broken washer with 2 pin-holes for water regulation. This is the culprit that made that wheezing sound, which is so loud that I can hear it at my front door as the tap is on over time. :(

Also the reason why the water pressure of the shower head is so low.

Yea lor...he was very sure that the tap was faulty. I even called them back to confirm is it really the tap that is problematic and told them that if the tap is not faulty, i would need to pay the $80 for their fees...

So I guess that is their fault? Now waiting for their response...

Ok lah , as long as u told them b4 hand , i think they should return u the $80

Some newbie qn. Will new walls have develop hairline cracks after a couple of months? :(

have...mine did....told my contractor, he send someone to help me rectify....