Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
worldangel

Love Nest In Woodlands (admiralty)

Any modern browser is better than IE 100%. IE is the suck~iest browser ever invented. Each succeeding version tried to fix the bugs of its predecessors but end up breaking more stuff. Cannot imagine that I'm still developing website compatibility for the dreaded IE6... maybe I should join the team of designers/developers to ban IE6.

Agreed in fact i love using firefox or chrome more than IE but the problem is that most of the plugins and website favours IE so sometimes we got no choice but to use IE :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
since you guys experts, wanna check anyone heard of this operating system ubuntu?

Yep, ubuntu is like 'windows' for the Linux system. It gives the command prompt OS (operating system) a graphical user interface.

well say rin ...

actually I am those lazy person that don't install 3rd party software , all like to use default one (window media player , IE, can use can le) ... but this latest IE is really giving me a lot a lot of problem .... then friend ask me try safari .... din expect me to love it sia ... ha

However my friend did say IE6 is very stable for window 7 wor .... but me only got vista (desktop) and XP(net book) so din really know how true is it

IE8? I find that IE8 still sucks. Kinda forced to use code to make all my websites render in IE7 format when viewed in IE8 in order not to break them. Why is it that everytime I script out a website I will need to code in extra hacks just to get them to work/look/feel the same just for IE = =. Most other major browsers don't suffer this problem that IE has... (be it Opera, Safari, Chrome, Firefox)

I'm still using XP sia. Wait till windows7 is more stable first before i make the jump. Vista not really worth using for me cuz from XP to Vista it feels more like a downgrade rather than upgrade. So resource hungry and full of bugs...

Agreed in fact i love using firefox or chrome more than IE but the problem is that most of the plugins and website favours IE so sometimes we got no choice but to use IE :(

Actually most of the websites now are not as updated. Quite a number of them are developed a number of years ago, when IE was still the dominant browser over the now-non-existant Netscape Navigator/Communicator. Furthermore during that time IE had better compatibility with asp. All these browser inconsistencies happened due to the "Browser wars", where the 2 companies (Microsoft and Netscape) tried to control the web with their so-called browsers. They introduced script/code tags that are not compliant with the other browser, and renders common standard codes differently.

Hence up till now we can still feel the aftermath of it, even though the W3C (a body which standardises every web technology now) has come up with a standards which all our future web technology will adhere to.

Edited by Nekorin

Yep, ubuntu is like 'windows' for the Linux system. It gives the command prompt OS (operating system) a graphical user interface.

advisable to use it over windows? my friend using it...have been raving about it....i wonder does it support tablet pc?

advisable to use it over windows? my friend using it...have been raving about it....i wonder does it support tablet pc?

First of all, Linux is open-source, and so does most of its stuff. If you are comfortable with opensource stuff (which is usually free), have knowledge above than just installation of softwares, firing up internet browser for general surfing and office applications, Ubuntu might be a good choice.

Pros of Ubuntu.

1) Free

2) Linux usually has little to no virus attacks.

Cons of Ubuntu

1) Needs more knowledge to debug or fix issues on computer

2) Not many games/software supports linux.

Yes linux does support tablet pc, but as with other OS too, you might need to find the correct driver for it.

First of all, Linux is open-source, and so does most of its stuff. If you are comfortable with opensource stuff (which is usually free), have knowledge above than just installation of softwares, firing up internet browser for general surfing and office applications, Ubuntu might be a good choice.

Pros of Ubuntu.

1) Free

2) Linux usually has little to no virus attacks.

Cons of Ubuntu

1) Needs more knowledge to debug or fix issues on computer

2) Not many games/software supports linux.

Yes linux does support tablet pc, but as with other OS too, you might need to find the correct driver for it.

sounds chim already....think i'll probably be very lost....

Edited by preciousjam

Think can forget about the $80 which I tried to claim from Ho Bee le...no news from them until now...

And feel quite bad if I keep calling them to ask for it also...

how how ? No news yet ? Or settle liao ? unpacking all done liao ?

IE8? I find that IE8 still sucks. Kinda forced to use code to make all my websites render in IE7 format when viewed in IE8 in order not to break them. Why is it that everytime I script out a website I will need to code in extra hacks just to get them to work/look/feel the same just for IE = =. Most other major browsers don't suffer this problem that IE has... (be it Opera, Safari, Chrome, Firefox)

I'm still using XP sia. Wait till windows7 is more stable first before i make the jump. Vista not really worth using for me cuz from XP to Vista it feels more like a downgrade rather than upgrade. So resource hungry and full of bugs...

yes yes yes IE8 suck big time, super slow even though they claim that it's faster :bleah:

am using XP at the moment too, have nvr consider vista at all, even if i go a laptop with vista, 1st thing i did was to downgrade (hmm...or upgrade) it to XP hahahahaha but most impt, must get a laptop which has XP drivers, some stupid laptop do not provide XP drivers in their website.

how how ? No news yet ? Or settle liao ? unpacking all done liao ?

No news le...we also tink just forget it ba...quite pai seh want to keep chasing for $80...

btw is ur wife coming wif u for the housewarming?

No news le...we also tink just forget it ba...quite pai seh want to keep chasing for $80...

any hints on what you guys need ? :P

Hehe...like what I said last time...IKEA vouchers will do...or if cannot get IKEA vouchers can just give ang pow :P

oh you did mention b4 ? :unsure: :unsure:

hahahaha anyway thats what i had in mind too :P

oh you did mention b4 ? :unsure: :unsure:

hahahaha anyway thats what i had in mind too :P

Yea I got ask before ma...whether it is okie to tell my guests the type of housewarming gifts I wan...cos most of the household items I already have...

Time ? Can I know the time 1st ? She still can't confirm leh ... keep asking me what time ... ha

and also , U still rem i am a vege right