Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clockwork

Neighbour's Son A Nightmare

Recently moved in to a corner unit in April. Only 4 neighbours , 2 on each side. My neighbour is Philipine ,rented the unit just over a year ago.

Very friendly.They have a 2 mths old baby & 4 year old kid, thought he was very cute at 1st.

Always stand outside my door smiling. Thought it was great as I have only 1 kid whos 7 yrs old , so the neighbour's kid can be his playmate.

At 1st , my son wld play his skate scooter and bicycle outside the corridor with him , as kids will always be noisy , I invited the kid to play inside my house and the mum doesn't seem to mind.

All **** breaks loose soon after , as he starts rummaging through my kitchen cabinet , fridge , all my room and my son's toys !

I wld tell him nicely that he can't do that , and he scream like crazy ! Aiyoh , I was so shocked . He'll ransacked my son's toys and refuse to give it back .

In the end I gave him my son's old toy and told him that it was late but he refuse to go home. Even my son was terrified of this lil boy.

Now , I refuse to allow him inside my house and my son only plays with him for a couple of mins. But everyday , he'll stand outside my gate and call out for my son. When we ignore him , he'll climb our gate and kick and bang it. Once he even tried to squeeze between the gates to try and get inside my house.

My mum wld just look and never once wld tell him to stop. :jawdrop:

Plus , the 2 mths old baby cries NONSTOP , day & night ! And whenever the baby cries , the mum wld carry the baby outside and let it scream & wail. Why I don't know ! Don't understand why she cant do it indoors.Sometimes , she'll sit on the corridor , facing my door and let the baby cry and wail while she try and catch a glimpse of my house. Sigh.....

Bad enough I have to watch out for her crazy sucidal kid , then I have to bear with the constant crying of the baby. Now I only open my doors when they're out or when the baby's asleep and the kid is nowhere in sight...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

oh really is a nitemare comes real..

I think you got to try talking to her nicely.. but try not to be nice n close

so they know you will not invite them into the house anymore..

I think being a foreigner , Mom perhaps is lonely.. w/o any close friends and relative around

she probably think the nicest person around will be you.. hence trying to catch your attention.

I have overfriendly kaypo neighbours too.... Now i dont even dare to open my windows (corridor unit n in pre-reno stage)

I used to open the window wide when im cleaning the house if not it will really be suana

I dont have curtains or grills

random neighbours who walk past will simply stick their head to see what i have in the house and chit chat (non-stop)

Now i rather clean my hse in 'suana' mode then to entertain all of them... feels like information counter

Edited by charemme

wow so terrible huh, maybe you can talk to the mum nicely, whether can they dun ask the son to tear around your hse, and act like that? and also ask the mother not to carry the baby outside and wail non-stop too