Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest todbee

Pls Help... Id Change My Solid Surface W/o Asking

Guest todbee

Dear All,

Pls help ..... help me.... I'm first time reno de kitchen...

I've a problem here, the ID juz changed my solid surface to another brand without telling. What can I do??

Thanks.... looking forward for your advice.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If it's something else other than the one you asked for (and paid for), then you shouldn't pay for it, simple as that. :)

You wanted a white shirt, but the storeekeeper insist that you take the black (and pay for it). Would you?

Edited by lawry

Dear All,

Pls help ..... help me.... I'm first time reno de kitchen...

I've a problem here, the ID juz changed my solid surface to another brand without telling. What can I do??

Thanks.... looking forward for your advice.

What brand are u asking for?

Guest todbee
If it's something else other than the one you asked for (and paid for), then it should be free. :)

I've chosen the Cresto brand but he changed to 3S without telling us. It's installed today by a malay worker or so... i thought they have lousy workmanship compare to those local Chinese. After the malay guy left then go and checked and I felt something is not right. Then I took the sample that we've chosen and put on the installed solid surface and compare....and there's DIFFERENT.... will post the pics 2molo or so for you guys to see...

I am so angry(until now) and dunno what to do... will call the ID 2molo but I dunno if the ID will admit or not. Come on, we're paying 1.5k for the 15ft solid surface lay... why giving me so yucky end result.....

lawry -

What can I do apart from asking for free.... I really wan my choice back....

I've chosen the Cresto brand but he changed to 3S without telling us. It's installed today by a malay worker or so... i thought they have lousy workmanship compare to those local Chinese. After the malay guy left then go and checked and I felt something is not right. Then I took the sample that we've chosen and put on the installed solid surface and compare....and there's DIFFERENT.... will post the pics 2molo or so for you guys to see...

I am so angry(until now) and dunno what to do... will call the ID 2molo but I dunno if the ID will admit or not. Come on, we're paying 1.5k for the 15ft solid surface lay... why giving me so yucky end result.....

lawry -

Ask your ID to change back to cresto if not, not going to pay him.... naughty ID 8|

Btw which ID u used?

Edited by jaskel

Guest todbee
What brand are u asking for?

We asked for Cresto looo...

At least he gave us the Cresto box then we have chosen the white sparkling one... then after few days he phone and said cannot coz that's too expensive and gave us another box (as we have returned the Cresto box earlier), called 3S. Then we blur blur and choose loooo... then we finally decide on a Cresto that we found in the 3S box and sms him the name and code showing at the back of the sample solid surface.

But today the solid surface guy came and installed and we found out it's not the one we chosen. I wasn't sure at first, then after taking the sample solid surface from the sample box... then it's OBVVIOUSLY not the one we've chosen. In fact, we found an EXACTLY the same looking solid surface sample (in terms of colour and smoothness) in the 3S sample box when doing an comparison with out installed top. Do you get the story?

Ai..... so kek sim.... and of course very angry till now ah.... Will ring the ID 2molo but I dunno what's our right lay..... seeking help here.

lawry -

This is clear cut, you were even given a small sample of it.

It's written in your contract it's Cresto, your ID will have to give you Cresto.

Let him know you are not interested in the free 3S, remove and replace.

If he wants you to compromise since it's already installed.

Then ask if he can compromise and forgo half of the entire bill.

Be firm and assertive about it, don't back down on such nonsense.

There's no such "hang sheep head, sell dog meat" crap for customers.

Guest todbee
Ask your ID to change back to cresto if not, not going to pay him.... naughty ID 8|

Btw which ID u used?

jaskel -

Can do that meh? But the solid surface oredi installed with the kitchen cabinet liao lay... that means they have to hack down the newly done cabinet?

heart broken...

Guest todbee
This is clear cut, you were even given a small sample of it.

It's written in your contract it's Cresto, your ID will have to give you Cresto.

Let him know you are not interested in the free 3S, remove and replace.

If he wants you to compromise since it's already installed.

Then ask if he can compromise and forgo half of the entire bill.

Be firm and assertive about it, don't back down on such nonsense.

There's no such "hang sheep head, sell dog meat" crap for customers.

The thing is the quote/agreement din mention the brand AT ALL lay... its my bargaining a bit weak?

That would be nice... u know the quote for the kitchen is 10k+-... it would be great if 1/2 price.... but silly la... don think they will agree to do that...

I think we really being chop by them laaa...

Let me send u the quote... see if its EXP

The thing is the quote/agreement din mention the brand AT ALL lay... its my bargaining a bit weak?

That would be nice... u know the quote for the kitchen is 10k+-... it would be great if 1/2 price.... but silly la... don think they will agree to do that...

I think we really being chop by them laaa...

Let me send u the quote... see if its EXP

What????

It was a verbal agreement that you are getting Cresto solid surface????

Hmmmmmmmmmm, that might be a hassle.

Granite is granite, blue pearl or black galaxy, it can't be too far off.

But when it comes to SOLID SURFACE, there are so many brands.

If it's not specifically mentioned in your quote, then it's up to them to give you any brand.

It's your word against theirs.

It has to be written there, CRESTO and the color code.

Your only betting chip is that piece of sample you are holding.

So long it's different from the one that's installed, you might still have a case.

You just have to be shamelessly firm about it if you want things your way.

My guess is that your ID will try to persuade you to take that 3S and give you some discount.

Have you paid 100% by the way? if you did, there's really nothing to negotiate already.

Guest todbee
What????

It was a verbal agreement that you are getting Cresto solid surface????

Hmmmmmmmmmm, that might be a hassle.

Granite is granite, blue pearl or black galaxy, it can't be too far off.

But when it comes to SOLID SURFACE, there are so many brands.

If it's not specifically mentioned in your quote, then it's up to them to give you any brand.

It's your word against theirs.

It has to be written there, CRESTO and the color code.

Your only betting chip is that piece of sample you are holding.

So long it's different from the one that's installed, you might still have a case.

You just have to be shamelessly firm about it if you want things your way.

My guess is that your ID will try to persuade you to take that 3S and give you some discount.

Have you paid 100% by the way? if you did, there's really nothing to negotiate already.

I've juz send you the quote ... as you can see alot of things he din mention about (ie brand, thickness...). I cannot believe such an unfair practice happened!!!

I donno why my better-half so careless... din go thru thoroughly and paid 10% then another 50%...ai... now we are not paying anything coz toooo much thing is not right...

We have paid 60% liao.

Hold and guard that last 40% like anything.

Don't be too harsh on your BH. :)

We are all first timers in renovating, there will be things that we will miss out, and we learn from there (and warn others)

I can't say it's "deliberately or accidentally" left out of the quote, the brand of the solid surface.

But by not having it in black and white, it's not to your advantage.

We based that on trust, but apparently that code of conduct in not in everyone's blood.

So yes, let them know,

1) keep table top and forgo 40%

2) replace the solid surface and collect 40%

Fair and Square.

hi Todbee,

dont worry about insisting on changing the surface top.

You dont need to hack the cabinets to change the solid surface top.

I had my solid surface top changed too cos they did wrongly.

My cabinets suffer no damage.

Just insist your ID change it for you. If he cooks up a story that he got to change cabinets, tell him what you read here.

Dont Kek sim......... just change it.

Guest todbee
hi Todbee,

dont worry about insisting on changing the surface top.

You dont need to hack the cabinets to change the solid surface top.

I had my solid surface top changed too cos they did wrongly.

My cabinets suffer no damage.

Just insist your ID change it for you. If he cooks up a story that he got to change cabinets, tell him what you read here.

Dont Kek sim......... just change it.

Thanks for your info. Hope can rectify w/o any imperfection looo... **pray**

BTW, what happened to your cabinet o?

Will keep u all update about what my "CLEVER" ID say 2molo....

Thanks for your info. Hope can rectify w/o any imperfection looo... **pray**

BTW, what happened to your cabinet o?

Will keep u all update about what my "CLEVER" ID say 2molo....

Good luck todbee!