Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
forkie

==e Fork & Spoon ==d Lovely Drawer

Living Room

3936703253_06985db8c2.jpg

Overview of Living Room.

Only left walls need some little deco, maybe decals....?

After that should have a complete look.

living room looks cosy :thumbs up: have u and ur family moved in?

we can fully understand ur gripe about the renovators taking their own sweet time with the last bits of remaining work... same case with us. they r taking forever to come back to us with even a simple thing, grrrr

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Fork , everyone waiting to see yr sofa sia .... Wow .... turn out nice and match yr theme

sad lah... my all black ..... that's the bad thing about being one of the 1st few to get ... lol... lucky my floor and wall is bright enough. But still regreat didn't get white black combo .....

Lucky turn out nice. Florence the sales lady was telling me the color I chose like not matching. Heng turns out ok.

Must thanks to Ripples who say just need top up $100 nia. So i faster run back and enquire lo.

Anyway without white black combo ur Calypso still nice ma. coz match ur living room.

If mine no change fabric then cham leh... Will too dark and very weird liao.

living room looks cosy :thumbs up: have u and ur family moved in?

we can fully understand ur gripe about the renovators taking their own sweet time with the last bits of remaining work... same case with us. they r taking forever to come back to us with even a simple thing, grrrr

Not yet. No aircon my Lady refuse to move in. See next week if aircon will be coming ornot.

Those #@@$#@ contractors... initially says dont worry if anything wrong will come back rectify.... yah yah yah... come back my hse maybe collapse liao sia.

Hihi, how much did you buy the clock in your living room? Where did you buy it? :)

Clock i got it from Artfriend, Taka. Got the info from fellow folks here too. :)

Cost $48.90

Edited by forkie

24th September

Finally they got my aircon up n running duh.

Initially was getting Mitsu Heavy Ind SCM80ZG-S / 3 x SKM28ZG-S Compressor 32k, indoor unit 8k each.

End up contractor couldn't get the model in time so we got Mitsu Electric Starmex MXY-4A28VA / 3 X MSXY-GA10VA instead.

Compressor 30k and each indoor unit 8k so pretty similar.

Even though MHI have better specs but Electric is more pricey. So I'm quite fine with having Starmex since i am not paying any additional cost :P

Aircon

3950450948_498fd502c9.jpg

Aircon close up

3949671587_9375ea8273.jpg

At least finally another big item settled. So 1 less thing for me to worry about.

Mirror for Dressing table in MBR was up today as well.

Quite a few touch ups to seal some holes with silicon, well my contractor did that himself lol.

Edited by forkie

27th September

Been doing some cleaning up and getting bits of stuffs slowly into the house.

Right now i will need to get mover to pick up my bed, cupboard and clothes then that is it ! :)

Any good recommendations ?

Been trying out our living room tv, so far not bad even it is normal chn5, 8 program.

Lucky i still abit worried if the quality will affected due to size.

However..... still too big la ! :(

the subtitles sometimes is very irritating at times coz it is too big duhz

TV

3959119738_7b313593ee.jpg

With T5 clove lights on.

TV2

3959130016_48a5bdf2ef.jpg

With PLC downlights on.

PLC effect will be slightly better since we are using warm white.

T5 Daylight will be a bit boring but sometimes plain is oso good la. :P

27th September

Right now i will need to get mover to pick up my bed, cupboard and clothes then that is it ! :)

u can try 138 movers - we got them after comparing a few quotes - they were the cheapest. next was shalom, but they were not available on the day we wanted to move.

the guys fm 138 movers dismantled and assembled a super difficult platform bed for us - that took them quite long, but heng they didn't complain :)

some of the forum pp used them too.

contact is 62520102. i think its their main line. good luck with the move!

u can try 138 movers - we got them after comparing a few quotes - they were the cheapest. next was shalom, but they were not available on the day we wanted to move.

the guys fm 138 movers dismantled and assembled a super difficult platform bed for us - that took them quite long, but heng they didn't complain :)

some of the forum pp used them too.

contact is 62520102. i think its their main line. good luck with the move!

Tank kewl beri muchie ! :D

Will contact them and check the pricing hehe ^-^/

28th September

Only minor grouting works today. Rest of works are expecting on next thursday for plastering and painting.

MBR Mirror

3960804243_e894e0fdd7.jpg

A simple mirror for dressing table in MBR

27th September

Hi Forkie,

We used the helping hands to move just 1 sofa, 1 bedframe 1 queensize mattress to my mum place. Quite nice service and they wrapped all the furnitures before moving. I called several movers but most of them charged by per lorry kinda. But helping hands quote me on the items that Im moving. Hence, much cheaper than the rest.

Sorry, I don't have the contacts with me now. I got their numbers from their website. You might want to try them. :)

By the way, nice sofa combination and the colours look good together with the console. :good:

Hi Forkie,

We used the helping hands to move just 1 sofa, 1 bedframe 1 queensize mattress to my mum place. Quite nice service and they wrapped all the furnitures before moving. I called several movers but most of them charged by per lorry kinda. But helping hands quote me on the items that Im moving. Hence, much cheaper than the rest.

Sorry, I don't have the contacts with me now. I got their numbers from their website. You might want to try them. :)

By the way, nice sofa combination and the colours look good together with the console. :good:

Hi Rasp,

Is this the website ?

Helping Hand

Call Richard right ?

Thanks ! We choose the color on the color scheme of the living room.

Seems all goes well I hope. :)

Hi Forkie

congrats, your reno turns up very nice. I like the matching colours of your sofa set & the curtains in the living area. BTW, if u calling the Helping Hand, can ask for Bobby's team. We used them twice when moving for my parents and ourselves, very good and professional service :good: .

Hi Rasp,

Is this the website ?

Helping Hand

Call Richard right ?

Thanks ! We choose the color on the color scheme of the living room.

Seems all goes well I hope. :)

Hi Forkie,

Yes. I called Richard that time. :)

Hi Forkie,

My kitchen's layout same as yours.. Saw that u do your storeroom in the kitchen.. Can share some pic of that? I m having a headache of where to relocate my storeroom now.. thanx..

Hi Forkie,

My kitchen's layout same as yours.. Saw that u do your storeroom in the kitchen.. Can share some pic of that? I m having a headache of where to relocate my storeroom now.. thanx..

I did my storeroom beside the common toilet

3742677325_3a709108d5.jpg3754377761_81d036b1cc.jpg

Due to very limited space in kitchen, we opted wood instead of hollow block.

the cons is definitely not able to splash water all around and wash the kitchen. Only can mop and wipe the floors.

Cellini !!!!

Today arranged delivery of my sofa.

But I having a course in the afternoon and my Lady having a meeting at the same time.

Our slots were 4-6pm which my Lady said she might able to make it if her meeting ends early.

Well..... not really as she only managed to reach at 430pm :X

Think the guys came at 4 and waited quite a while.

So as per my Lady feedback they seemed pretty unhappy for the wait.

Brought in the sofa and asked if they need to open up or just leave it wrapped.

My lady initially asked them to leave it but later changed her mind.

So the guys just opened up and move on to other deliveries maybe.

Calypso

3900754016_b8e7ac5812.jpg

3900756160_6526f608b1.jpg

3899974847_d1db8ce55a.jpg

Our Calypso :D

We were abit worried on the color of the fabrics we chose. Coz most of the folks here chose only single color for the sofa.

Lucky turn out pretty well !

We like it hehehehe !

Hi forkie,

May i know how much you paid for the sofa?