Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lilian

Lg Washer

Did I say you did not like your current LG?

Do you actually understand the definition of 'apologist'?

What felt like words that I anyhow put into your mouth...

..is actually your foot.

LOL, I am merely stating the facts as in what the company should have done to be professional, instead of a non-response. And you think I am defending for them? What a great joke indeed.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Wah! Thats really informative!!! Not really know there are so much of different of just a washer!!

So, is LG washer really good?

No washer is 100% perfect.

The best is to bring the dirty laundry to the laundromat or laundry shops, hence no complaint/warranty/malfunction/maintenance/repair/usage issues, regarding a washer at home. The only issue, is the various trips, the amount spent for such services and whether the shops have done a satisfactory job for you.

If not, hand-wash it yourself. That is it.

Internet and forums are full of both true and fake opinions and reviews for different washers. Ultimately, who can we really trust? This is a dilemma.

The only way to know whether something is suitable for you or whether something works for you, is to buy and try it out yourself. Because only after you try/use it yourself, then you will know whether it is what you truly want, whether it matches your needs and expectations.

Good luck!!

:notti:

Edited by aoi

Internet and forums are full of both true and fake opinions and reviews for different washers. Ultimately, who can we really trust?

Who to trust?

Your husband.

Aoi's husband or my wife's husband, if you're not married.

Buy an LG 14331 at abt $900.

Stop hankering after the $3000 German extortion machine that his rational mind knows does not make sense.

However don't let him pocket the $2000 difference.

Think of creative ways to make hubby spend that difference on you.

Who to trust?

Your husband.

Aoi's husband or my wife's husband, if you're not married.

Buy an LG 14331 at abt $900.

Stop hankering after the $3000 German extortion machine that his rational mind knows does not make sense.

However don't let him pocket the $2000 difference.

Think of creative ways to make hubby spend that difference on you.

You're a queer person. What my spouse thinks is his business, and what I think is my business. Whichever brand we will plan to buy in future, is solely between me and my spouse only!!

Posting everything in bold should have sounded the alarm bells.

Should have picked up on that earlier.

Now where's that ignore list.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this forum. After reading the entire forum I went to buy the LG 14331 and discovered that it was the last day of a promo! What a blessing. It is quiet during the wash and is not more noisy than other brands that I've used during the spin. Overall, I am pleased with it. Smooth operation. Large tub is really useful. It is smart too so I can do a lighter load any time.

Btw, can anyone offer help about a dishwasher? Or know a forum about it? I couldn't find one in reno forum.

buyers beware ! my fren wrk in electronic store n he told me there some things salesmen wont disclose !! LG 10yr warranty on motor is bull_s_h_i_t !!! u guyys still betting a cheap machine ovr MIELE ???

Edited by leafania

Congrats Jane.

Its a good looking vfm machine.

What was the promo offered?

I was looking for the "Ignore user" function which you can find on most boards.

Life is too short to entertain trolls and the unhinged.

Here's how to tune them out.

1. Click on the poster's nick

2, View member's profile

3. Go down leftmost "Profile" column and click "options"

4, Choose "Ignore User"

On the flipside, if you want to reward a poster for a helpful/informative/entertaining post,

1. Click on the poster's nick

2. View member's profile

3. Go down leftmost "Profile" column and click "Rate Me"

4. Give him/her as many patricks* as he/she deserves

*Patrick Star - A very smart guy

Edited by cromodora

buyers beware ! my fren wrk in electronic store n he told me there some things salesmen wont disclose !! LG 10yr warranty on motor is bull_s_h_i_t !!! u guyys still betting a cheap machine ovr MIELE ???

Interesting bit of information, leafania. Does it mean that LG won't honor it's own warranty?

Interesting bit of information, leafania. Does it mean that LG won't honor it's own warranty?

Hi Jane,

For all my distrust of the so called "guru' of lg washers here( u know who u r), I must try to b abit more subjective and fair! a warranty is a warranty! If they give u a 10 yr motor warranty, unless the company deemed it a wear and tear, or users negligence, they should and will honour it! They won't tarnish their name or risk a class action law suit, like the one they had in the states which I've published in another thread( that's another story) , by not honouring the warranty! But bear in mind the fine prints on the warranty, because unlike a guarantee, a warranty comes with certain terms and conditions!

yeah the warranty terms n conditions in fine prints r impt, tt shall depend on how LG sg or the store fr which any extended warranty is bought, gonna handle watever defects tt arise with rgds to the motor if spoil within stated 10yr warranty. if got disputes or unhappiness, sg customers definitely go to CASE to file complaints. ha!!!

the store will probly tell u: if anything wrong for 1st 2yrs, go to LG. if anything wrong fr 3rd yr onwards, go to the store, not LG anymore. again, wats written on the extended warranty terms n conditions of the store, its another issue! Interesting, same for other brands of washers tt we buy the extended warranty.

yeah the warranty terms n conditions in fine prints r impt, tt shall depend on how LG sg or the store fr which any extended warranty is bought, gonna handle watever defects tt arise with rgds to the motor if spoil within stated 10yr warranty. if got disputes or unhappiness, sg customers definitely go to CASE to file complaints. ha!!!

the store will probly tell u: if anything wrong for 1st 2yrs, go to LG. if anything wrong fr 3rd yr onwards, go to the store, not LG anymore. again, wats written on the extended warranty terms n conditions of the store, its another issue! Interesting, same for other brands of washers tt we buy the extended warranty.

I've learned that extended warranties are not issued by the stores but by various insurance cos. eg, i understand that extended warranties bought from BD are in reality from a japanese insurance co with which they have worked out a special deal. this may explain why extended warranties vary in price. the store at U Sq told me that their extended warranty could be on the upper end of 200+ because, the guy on the phone said, it's an aig warranty. it's good practice to ask questions even though everyone would wish for a good working machine and never need to call on the warranty.

anyone reading this knows where to buy lowest price mattress? and good leather sofa? could be fake leather as long as it looks good and wears well. nice talking to a community all of who are on the same side :-)

see http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/...ng_machine.html

72 pages worth of complaints on just LG washers alone !!! hats off!

This is not news to me.

I'm sure I came across all that before I bought LG washer.

And its not all.

Have you read the Australian consumer site as well?

They are all part of what I mentioned in the first sentence of post #10 earlier in this thread.

I'd be more interested in local LG complaints and warranty issues.

Do you know any LG front load washer complaints like the unhappy local Miele owner you highlighted in the Miele thread ?

Edited by cromodora