Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Supersimon27

Simon & Rachel Project

That's the same company i kena chop carrot for my sofa :(

anyway go take a look and check if s&c carries the same items or not lor :P

thanks simon n kopi for the advice, will try to go down s&c or homage to look around..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sian... my cement-screed kitchen walls have more and more cracks... Is it common that cement-screed walls confirm will have crack one? If so, why he din advise us in the first place?

bro simon, did u bought any furniture from furniture hq in amk before? hows their service?

Had a very bad experience with a super hard-sell ah beng salesman there... It's now on my banned list.

Don't believe what they say when they say that they are the manufacturer and therefore can sell the items cheaper.

S&C also sell some of the same items at a cheaper rate.

Simon, i tried contacting henry but seems he is too busy to entertain me. He said last week that he will get back to make an appointment this week but that has not happened.... Guess he's too busy from all the business from the henner club. Haha...

Had a very bad experience with a super hard-sell ah beng salesman there... It's now on my banned list.

Don't believe what they say when they say that they are the manufacturer and therefore can sell the items cheaper.

oh..i also knew that their items are made from the same supplier as another shop in IFC based on their catalog..seems like will have to give a miss then..

Sian... my cement-screed kitchen walls have more and more cracks... Is it common that cement-screed walls confirm will have crack one? If so, why he din advise us in the first place?

Hi jamie, did u hack the existing wall tiles?

dont think will be so fast bah..cos my wife aunt who just renovated her kitchen with cement screed seems ok when we visit her 2 months after reno ....

As far as I remember from previous 'googling', cement-screed walls will crack abit when the walls are exposed to prolong heat at a particular temperature and beyond. For example, the walls nearer to the cooking area have a higher possbility to crack after some time. And water leakage problem. For example, if the water pipe is concealed in the wall and there is a leakage.

Morning momo13, we din hack the existing wall tiles in kitchen, that's why we chose to cement-screed it.

More and more longgggggggggggggg cracks... so scary, dunno paint can cover them anot...

I will take pic to show you guys one day.

I have a wall in living room got tiles. No budget to hack so decided to do cement-screed also. It was done nicely earlier. But recently our out-source electrician accidently created a hole on that wall wor, the wall tiles are not cement-screed. They just plastering only wor.

Hubby qns Henry, he explain bcos that wall very difficult to cement-screed. Sigh... But he din inform us, still charge us the $ of cement-screed...

Edited by Jamieogh

Morning momo13, we din hack the existing wall tiles in kitchen, that's why we chose to cement-screed it.

More and more longgggggggggggggg cracks... so scary, dunno paint can cover them anot...

I will take pic to show you guys one day.

I have a wall in living room got tiles. No budget to hack so decided to do cement-screed also. It was done nicely earlier. But recently our out-source electrician accidently created a hole on that wall wor, the wall tiles are not cement-screed. They just plastering only wor.

Hubby qns Henry, he explain bcos that wall very difficult to cement-screed. Sigh... But he din inform us, still charge us the $ of cement-screed...

Envy the rest of the henners got free gift... Maybe bcos of that "accidentally" hacked my rooms tiles, he blacklists us liao. LOL...

Hi Jamie...

I think Henry can help you rectify the problem lah....dun feel so sad...just call him lol...your house handover liao?

As for free gift...got free gift meh...I dun have leh...sorry to say nothing is free lah...just hope the reno swee swee and soon soon...then I happier then getting free gift liao.

Hmm i agree with coldflame.. abit hard-sell.. i think the ah beng is their boss.. or manager.. not very sure.. things are quite ex too... but can go there see see for ideas ba..

Ya... Hubby told him w/o cement-screed, plasterinig is not enough, worry not stable enough.

And he should inform us that the wall can't be cement-screed before plastering, he apologised.

He is kind to ensure that he will do something if that wall has problem :)

No free gift ah...? Maybe I made a mistake. Edited the previous msg. 不好意思~ :P

Today laying floor tiles in living room...

I also hope everything will be 顺顺利利.

Edited by Jamieogh

Wah this morning didn’t come in so crowded ar … phahaha :D

As far as I remember from previous 'googling', cement-screed walls will crack abit when the walls are exposed to prolong heat at a particular temperature and beyond. For example, the walls nearer to the cooking area have a higher possbility to crack after some time. And water leakage problem. For example, if the water pipe is concealed in the wall and there is a leakage.

Actually I didn’t do any cement-screening so I’m not very sure wor. :unsure: But I do rem talking to an ID from I-bridge on the cement screening thing before renovation. That time he told me that cement-screening will create a very raw and industrial effect, and will be very nice. However U must accept the crack line of it as that’s the beauty of cement-screening. Actually I find him bull-shxxing that time … but it seem to be true for yr case now.

However , Jasmie I really dun know if it’s normal to see crack line so soon . Got to ask some others who done up cement screening ;)

Simon, i tried contacting henry but seems he is too busy to entertain me. He said last week that he will get back to make an appointment this week but that has not happened.... Guess he's too busy from all the business from the henner club. Haha...

Oh , U try calling him ? I think he really too busy . so many renovation going on the month , to name a few , danny, momo, William, Dmay all doing within this month wor , maybe u want to try give him a call to remind him? :rolleyes:

Hows ur ceiling simon? everything ok already?

Bro how's your ceiling ? solved already ?

Wah chinchye and Kopi touch leh :good::good: …. Still rem my ceiling … Actually if u guys din mention I think I already forgot Town council already make a appointment with me this coming Sat to fix up the thing . Keeping my finger cross. Hope everything will settle soon. :dancingqueen:

Ya... Hubby told him w/o cement-screed, plasterinig is not enough, worry not stable enough.

And he should inform us that the wall can't be cement-screed before plastering, he apologised.

He is kind to ensure that he will do something if that wall has problem :)

No free gift ah...? Maybe I made a mistake. Edited the previous msg. 不好意思~ :P

Today laying floor tiles in living room...

I also hope everything will be 顺顺利利.

As for free gift...got free gift meh...I dun have leh...sorry to say nothing is free lah...just hope the reno swee swee and soon soon...then I happier then getting free gift liao.

Pai seh lah :wub: . Me got free gift lah . Just a mirror :P …. Pai seh pai seh , but the free gift is given to me when I sign the final quotation within 1 week period . Henry told me if I sign that day he give me the mirror. Ha … Then since we actually already decided to engage him , we sign lor :P

Hi Simon,

Was advised by Henry that painting can cover the cracks. So we are going to drop the "industrial feel" concept. Thinking of painting it with the color of your dining area. May I know the code of the color?

And did you get waterproofing report from Henry? Is this report necessary?

Edited by Jamieogh