Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Shu

How To Cool The Livign Room~

okies as the weather recently is really smoldering hot, i was planning to buy a Fujitsu system 4 for my hdb in tampines~

But when the aircon guy came down to my hse to have a look see first, he told me it is not possible to install a system 4 for my hse if i wanted to install in the living ...

My main purpose was actually to install in the living and at the same time replace the current old system 3~

However accordign to the contractor, installing in the livign room is simply not possible as the piping would exceed 80+ feet length in total and he says condensation problem would almost be a certainty...

-_-

Currently depending on only 2 fans in the livign rooms 18" each, but nto really helping...

anyone has any suggestions or advice on anything that could help lower the heat?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

How abt seeking a 2nd opinion from another company?

Or in my case, i just got a resale flat, so what happened is that I kept the original compressor and used it for 2 of the lesser used rooms. And gotten a new 3in1 for the master bedroom and the living room. Cooling all rooms including living room was an issue for us as well. I was considering to go without aircon for the 2 common bedrooms which won't be used much. However my aircon guy suggested to reuse the old compressor and fan coils cos he said since minimal usage, should be ok and also take the opportunity of current reno works to do new pipings for the 2 common rooms. Next time in the near future, if needed, just change the compressor and fan coils if needed instead of hacking the walls and laying pipings then...

Cheers.

okies as the weather recently is really smoldering hot, i was planning to buy a Fujitsu system 4 for my hdb in tampines~

But when the aircon guy came down to my hse to have a look see first, he told me it is not possible to install a system 4 for my hse if i wanted to install in the living ...

My main purpose was actually to install in the living and at the same time replace the current old system 3~

However accordign to the contractor, installing in the livign room is simply not possible as the piping would exceed 80+ feet length in total and he says condensation problem would almost be a certainty...

-_-

Currently depending on only 2 fans in the livign rooms 18" each, but nto really helping...

anyone has any suggestions or advice on anything that could help lower the heat?

Maybe get a system 3 + a single split system? The piping may be a nightmare though. Portable air cooler/window casement aircon would probably solve your problem better, but really depends on your situation.

How abt seeking a 2nd opinion from another company?

Or in my case, i just got a resale flat, so what happened is that I kept the original compressor and used it for 2 of the lesser used rooms. And gotten a new 3in1 for the master bedroom and the living room. Cooling all rooms including living room was an issue for us as well. I was considering to go without aircon for the 2 common bedrooms which won't be used much. However my aircon guy suggested to reuse the old compressor and fan coils cos he said since minimal usage, should be ok and also take the opportunity of current reno works to do new pipings for the 2 common rooms. Next time in the near future, if needed, just change the compressor and fan coils if needed instead of hacking the walls and laying pipings then...

Cheers.

U got HDB approval for 2 compressors?

Maybe get a system 3 + a single split system? The piping may be a nightmare though. Portable air cooler/window casement aircon would probably solve your problem better, but really depends on your situation.

If you really had only 2 choices of portable aircon or window casement aircon...choose the latter. (trust me!) I just got a portable aircon and its noisy and ineffective.....I also had experience with Window casement aircon....much better....

I bought the portable because it's cheaper.....now regret

floorplane.jpg

The aircon person did tell me he could install another single unit 24btu in the living room, it would not be HDB approved~

If they found out and ask me to remove, i'll have to~

They also wont issue me an official invoice for it~ lol

As for casement unit, i was told that the power wouldnt be enuff for my living room, well thats wat the guy said~

As for casement unit, i was told that the power wouldnt be enuff for my living room, well thats wat the guy said~

ask electrician to pull another 20A line from the MCB box.

ask electrician to pull another 20A line from the MCB box.

i meant the casement unit BTU power not high enuff to cool the living room~

maybe you wanna consider ceiling fans? or maybe a good casement unit+ceiling fan? should be able to achieve better cooling? hehe.cheaper & dont need no-invoice deals too,so risky.

or get those overhead unit's like shopping centers,but need false ceiling liao. hehe

My current home is freaking warm too given the fact that the back and front are blocked by adjacent flats. I had a 3 blade ceiling fan mounted but it only helps if you're sitting directly underneath it. And I am quite hesistant to put an aircon in my living room as I heard from my contractor the load maybe my unit cannot take it and also I was thinking turning on the air con in my living room will put a hole in my pocket each mth when paying the bills.

So most of the time now, I just leave my kitchen windows open and also the door open when I am at home.

Boh pien.....sigh....

have to buy a 5-blade fan. heard that the L-box(if u have) cannot be too thick also, if not, it will block the wind generated from the ceiling fan.

In cold climate countries, ceiling fan is bi-directional.

In winter, air is blown down, while in summer, air sucked up.

Logic is .. warm air is hugging the ceiling.

Therefore, when weather is warm, is better not to use the ceiling fan. Can do a test.. on the aircon.. and then on the ceiling fan. It's cooler if the ceiling fan is not on.

Best is to get a table/stand fan that blows air sideways. Find a cool spot to suck air in and extract air to the hot side.

I actually read somewhere if the floor area is small like my living room, I need to use shorter 3 blades, so the air can be concentrated at one location. But if I have a bigger area to cover, then longer blades are needed to push the air around the floor area

Best is to get a table/stand fan that blows air sideways. Find a cool spot to suck air in and extract air to the hot side.

Ermm...wat do u mean?

Actually, as of now i have a 18" and a 16" fan in the living room~

Not really much help tho...altho wifout them will be far worse~

I jus realised last nite 11pm+ that my walls are warm to the touch

o_0

Btw SG got sell 14,000BTU casement units?

went Gain city to have a look, dun see any~

Dun remember seeing any at the Tampines Mega Courts either~

Well i went and bought a 56" ceiling at Jalan Besar yesterday,

going to install right above the coffee table~

Still thinking of adding a casement unit, but yoongf u say fan and aircon wont have improvement?

livingroom.jpg