Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
miulicious

My Sweet Loft

Hi everyone. After following this forum for so long, I'm gonna start my own t-blog now. I just bought this apartment but it's still in the midst of all those paperworks. Hopefully I can collect my keys in June cos I've sold my flat and the new owners wanna take possession by 18th Aug. The seventh lunar month also starts on Aug 20 so I also don't wanna shift in during that period. Everything's in a rush and I'm getting stressed out :bangwall: by the lack of store room in this apartment. Here's my floor plan

3587332417_94c18f8469_m.jpg Level 1

3587332423_42901f7b3d_m.jpg Level 2

And some pictures of the apartment

1st thing you walk into the apartment, you see the kitchen. The whole kitchen have to go as the sink faces the stove a 'no-no' in fengshui. And look at the facing of the stove, you whole house is gonna stink when you cook. I do not know what to do with the washing machine and dryer. Should I keep it or use my own washing machine (it's 6 years old)? I 'm taking my side by side door fridge with me and it's giving me a big headache cos you can see the kitchen is not very big.

3588157810_aae0aac03b_m.jpg3588157812_43103ec242_m.jpg

Next is bedroom 2. Beneath the carpet *gasp* :o parquet-less. Extra money to be spend again. The living and dining is in parquet, would it be very weird if I use laminate for the rooms?

3588157794_42d706d569_m.jpg

Up the staircase to the master bedroom. The existing wardrobes, I'm gonna hack away the part which is protruding out to make the MBR bigger. The door leading downstairs. As you can see, my windows are double storey full height and it's facing the afternoon sun, I'm thinking of sticking clear solar firm + curtains or film + Hunter Douglas Duette Honeycomb shades. . The price would be around the same cos Hunter Douglas is having a 20% promo for the Duette shades for the GSS. After the 20% off the whole motorized system would be around 2k+. But I would like fellow forummers opinion on this investment. :help:

The study area which I'm gonna turn into my wardrobe. The master bedroom toilet, I hate the shower tray!!! Who will sit and shower?? The basins which are still quite new even though it's a 13 yr old apt. I will definitely remove the shower tray but the tricky part is buying back similar colour tiles for the patch there. That thing beside the toilet bowl which is for washing butt also have to go. I would have ugly patches here and there in my MBR toilet but what to do? No budget to redo the whole toilet, and the original toilet is all in marble. Very wasted to hack.

Feel free to gimme a free suggestions , your help is definitely appreciated.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wow, spiral staircase leading directly to lv2 mbr? sweet! kinda look like the bridal suite we getting for our AD but BIGGER ALOT!!! :dribble: keke. can disclose pricing/valuation? :P

btw, i would invest in the hunter douglas system prolly. 2 storey height curtains...i think you'll need a lorry to bring for cleaning if needed not to mentioned the charges. :o

anyway i really would spend 2k+ on a motorised system with warranty then a whole lot of fabric. kinda makes it looks more dollar for dollar with the 'wow' effect throw in. ;)

Welcome! Ur place looks good, esp the staircase! :thumbs up: Looking forward to more pics. :P Think the system will be better compared to curtains.

Thanks DoubleJ and Angel for the compliment. :D

DoubleJ, this apt valuation is about 1.25 but I got it at below valuation cos it's a bank sale. I'm also leaning towards the Hunter Douglas Blinds but the height limitation is 4.4m, I have no idea how tall are the full height windows cos its too high too measure *duh*. So have to wait till I get the keys and the bank is taking their own sweet time. Haizzz

My ID quoted me 2.5K for the full height curtains (including scaffolding) and not to forget curtains cleaning is charge by per kilo. Imagine everytime I clean my curtains a few hundred bucks gone. So far I only got 2 ID to quote me , too lazy to get more quotes. Wanted to go Home & Decor Fair but the next one is end of Jun. No time liao, want to go IMM but all the reviews are here already. I'm just overhauling the kitchen and MBR so those ID probably think I'm too small fry for them. Heh

hihi miu, love ur layout lei!

v nice! really lucky to get it below val.

btw i already pm u abt the hauhau parquet. but jus in case u never get it,

this is the website.

http://www.hauhauparquet.com/

i emailed them n said my floor area aga aga 400sq feet.

then they called me back within a few days n told me the following.

$1.95per sq ft

$650 lump sum for labour

$1.30 per sq ft for skirting

$39.90 per carton for wood glue ( my 400 sq ft will need 3 cartons )

7% gst

they will need at least 3 days in advance for orders.

Edited by newnyew

Hmm, the system looks very interesting though. A fellow forummer, Smallboy here design her kitchen into 2 areas, wet and dry + her planning for storage is good. Maybe you can pick up a tip or something from her blog

Here's some 3D drawings.

Master bedroom wardrobe 3702760821_8767c5b7ce.jpg

Kitchen Perspective 1 3702760835_74c8031a28.jpg

Kitchen Perspective 2 3702760837_30cc18a4ed.jpg

My quote came up to $27k including the MBR toilet which I hack away the shower tray and replace the botak patch. Just the stoopid botak patch cost me $3k+ cos the bathroom is in marble. Will post the pictures of my renovation progress once I'm back from furniture shopping in GuangZhou.

Whoa I like the 3Ds. You're going to shop in Guangzhou? How to ship back? *curious*

I found this freight forwarder that does door to door shipping. Meaning they will ship right to your doorstep. They charge about RMB 500 per cubic meter。 Let's say you are buying a dining table with the dimensions of 120 X 75 X 80. The price would be (1.2 X 0.75 X 0.80) X 500 = RMB 360. All the paperwork and permits would be done by them. The only thing you have to pay is the GST. And I've bargain with them, if we buy more can charge cheaper rate or not. Lolzz. Actually I wanna put the terracota warrior in my apt, but no space. Lolzz. I heard there's this place in GZ with a big furniture mall. My friend would be bringing me there. Shall take some pictures to post here. Anywayz most of the furniture and lighting are from China these days, so I think I'll just pop over for a look. Taking Tiger Airways there, budget mah.

3715804813_248657a10d.jpg

One of the furniture centre in Shunde, Guangzhou. This is just one of them. Each of them is like 5-6 storey and its much bigger than Vivocity and Harbourfront add together. You need at least 1-2 days if you wanna finish one building.

3715804817_8e9f01e35b_b.jpg

My couch.

3715804823_49e884329f.jpg

My dining table.

There's lighting wholesale centre around there too. A lot of designer furniture look a like too.

I bought these too.

3715869605_0e3cc0eb5f.jpg

To decorate one of the door and maybe the kitchen cabinets. Heh..... Things you can never get in Singapore.

Edited by miulicious