Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cj9404

For Those Using Laminate Floor

I'm planning to get laminate floor for my 3 bed room, but saw some posts here, says laminate floor is not easy to maintain, and it become ugly after a few years, wondering whether that is ture.

want to ask those who using laminate floor for maybe more than 1 year, how is status of your floor, and how do you clean the floor? can use wet mop?

Thanks very much

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've laminated floors (supreme ac5) for about 2 years. So far no issues. I just use wet mop to clean the floor.

I've a caster wheel chair in my study room, with no protection beneath, there's no scratch issues also.

This is for surpreme ac5, I don't speak on behalf of any other brands.

I am also using Supreme AC5 for slightly more than a yr now. No problems too.

I use sponge mop to clean the laminate floor, & I squeeze the mop till pretty dry before mopping the floor.

Wah, lawry, you are brave to use wet mop to clean the laminate floor. You are not afraid that your floor board will absorb too much water & warp meh?

My new house also Supreme AC5 :)

haven't use yet so dun know. But alot of pp tell me Supreme is quite a gd brand :)

I am also using Supreme AC5 not bad. But my floor got scratches.. heartpain. All laminated company the same, lifetime warranty is only on the labour (i think) but they charge material only.

Popping up of tiles also depend, are you doing Overlaying. Most case, if you are doing overlay, popping of tiles can happened.

For my case, I hacked away the floor tiles and cement screed, than laid Laminated Flooring which will no tiles can pop-up.

I've had mine for 1 yr odd already. I still do not have any problems with my laminate flooring to date. Except for one time when there was gaps showing, due to the flooring expanding. (This was resolved easily by the laminate guys)

I usually mop like every 2 weeks with a sponge mop, using the detergent for laminate flooring. But I read somewhere else before can use a mix of vinegar + water to mop the floor also.

AC3 is cheaper and generally suited for moderate human traffic in the bedrooms. AC5 is slightly more exp but suited for high traffic. Which is why they are used in commercial buildings and can be used throughout the whole place if you desire.. this is what the laminate guy told me before. Thats why I got the AC5 for all areas except for wet areas.

Talked to one contractor, seems he dont know AC5 or AC3, he only talked about Grade A, Grade B. ....

I went to Supreme website, also can't find AC5/AC3...why? Can anybody tell me where these two terms are coming from?

According to my knowledge, Supreme AC5 is being tested in Singapore PSB (able to withhold >6500) using their malaysia made from Stalheim Industries Sdn. Bhd thats why they proclaim as AC5. If you wish to find out more you can contact PSB Singapore. However as compare to Europe tests (AC3 - AC5) will be of higher standard, personally I would rather use Europe floorboard.

Good real AC5 boards are available from Quickstep, Kronotex and Pergo have it and it cost around min $7.

There is an upcoming laminate floorboard call the Parador. Parador (http://www.parador.de/en/) has 19 colours. They have the first ProAir system for laminate flooring and engineered wood flooring that clearly reduces unhealthy airborne substances indoors such as formaldehyde and unpleasant smells such as tobacco smoke. The ProAir system is based on the organic protein, Protectin. Using an innovative process, the active substance is applied at the factory. Protectin sets off a physiochemical process, which ensures that harmful substances and emissions are absorbed, broken down and neutralised - an active principle that was derived from nature. This process is permanently effective due to the almost inexhaustible absorption capacity of the ProAir system. This is confirmed by extensive tests by the ECO Institute for the Environment. With Parador ProAir you can breathe freely. (gotten from germany website)

Talked to one contractor, seems he dont know AC5 or AC3, he only talked about Grade A, Grade B. ....

I went to Supreme website, also can't find AC5/AC3...why? Can anybody tell me where these two terms are coming from?

i suppose most REAL euro companies have pass certain eco standards in europe. Pergo, kronotex are all in the green label, even for their underlay.. rather than the lousy foam type. Make sure when you buy AC4,5 check for their certs, i think some small companies or salesperson would say their product is AC5 without any paper prove. I got my AC4 from kronotex and i'm more particular about good materials and company profile. Best thing they are not expensive euro products. Quickstep also very good, just that i'm budget type for my whole house.