the resale price is 420k

is it worth buying?

Need some advise.

Thanks in advance.

6th floor & above

most important, it is a corner unit

6th floor & above

most important, it is a corner unit

depends on your budget, your feel for the unit, the location, the recent resale prices for that blk or nearby blks or for that estate, the valuation, the COV, the facing, the condition of the flat etc and also dont forget to find out if its an ah long unit.

You need to ask yourself whether you like the location. Whether it is utmost convenience for you and your family - proximity to office/schools etc.

Didnt know Teban commands quite a high price. How about Jurong West St 42 [think there are few EM there] - the prices there are still competitive.

May you find a house that you really like, olufsen. :)

actually if you like the place and can afford everything else matters lesser already. but buying resale/repo flats gotta be extra cautious, i do know ppl whom brought over ah-long flats or units with

'unknowns'. hehe.

i actually went to view a HDB-repo EM at teban during my ballot as the price was very attractive. 325k iirc, forgot which block. corner unit, lv4 or 6. with unblocked reservoir view somemore.

think should be the same strech of road as the one you viewing? corner units along teban reservoir actually quite good investment la. :)

but didnt went ahead due to various reasons like; >50k reno cost, difficult parking(cp full already at only 8pm+), too close to opp block,about 4 cars lenght only, you know la, can hear teens blasting music, ppl quarrel,mums shouting at kids, etc etc. and kinda taken aback with the amount of foreign workers around the area. supposely got hostel near there i think.

there's alot of things to consider too other then the price. speak to the neigbours(beside,ontop,below your unit) nicely to enquire about the previous owners and how the area is during day/night. am sure out of the 3 more crucial neighbours, sure can get good insights about the unit/area and previous owners. ;)

actually if you like the place and can afford everything else matters lesser already. but buying resale/repo flats gotta be extra cautious, i do know ppl whom brought over ah-long flats or units with

'unknowns'. hehe.

i actually went to view a HDB-repo EM at teban during my ballot as the price was very attractive. 325k iirc, forgot which block. corner unit, lv4 or 6. with unblocked reservoir view somemore.

think should be the same strech of road as the one you viewing? corner units along teban reservoir actually quite good investment la. :)

but didnt went ahead due to various reasons like; >50k reno cost, difficult parking(cp full already at only 8pm+), too close to opp block,about 4 cars lenght only, you know la, can hear teens blasting music, ppl quarrel,mums shouting at kids, etc etc. and kinda taken aback with the amount of foreign workers around the area. supposely got hostel near there i think.

there's alot of things to consider too other then the price. speak to the neigbours(beside,ontop,below your unit) nicely to enquire about the previous owners and how the area is during day/night. am sure out of the 3 more crucial neighbours, sure can get good insights about the unit/area and previous owners. ;)

hi DoubleJ,

So you register for the April 09 Balloting Exercise?

What queue number you got?

In the end, where you choose?

Honestly speaking, that place is near every family member.

me and my wife work place are at tuas. my parent-in-law located at clementi and my parent located at jurong west extension.

that's why it is in between of both family.

True enough, the dormitory is located at penjuru lane. quite near by.

My ballot was during april 08, tikam tikam then kena a nice number. we arent even financially nor mentally prepared to move on yet,just proposed to my wifey weeks ago only & already empty my piggy bank for her ring. :unsure: but jump into the ownership pool anyway.keke. :P i think it's like waiting for cab. if we stroll along the road, alot. when we in hurry, either none in sight or everyone snatching. keke. end up we took a new flat from HDB. current new place is JW st65 area. ;)

btw, i just open my letterbox, this singpost flyer listed an EM selling at 400k only. jw st42,blk 558. says got lotsa greenery,corner unit and can watch sunset leh. 100% move in too. haha. sounds like a better deal leh. go and see see lo.enquire with singpost @ 6251 2000(10am-10pm daily) not sure if have catch or not. didnt know singpost do such things too. haha. JW's EM can be considered too for you i think. cheaper, quieter for couples? if really can watch sunset not bad too. haha. that area hardly have choco smell too. my new area have strong choco smell lo.

Edited by DoubleJ

My ballot was during april 08, tikam tikam then kena a nice number. we arent even financially nor mentally prepared to move on yet,just proposed to my wifey weeks ago only & already empty my piggy bank for her ring. :unsure: but jump into the ownership pool anyway.keke. :P i think it's like waiting for cab. if we stroll along the road, alot. when we in hurry, either none in sight or everyone snatching. keke. end up we took a new flat from HDB. current new place is JW st65 area. ;)

btw, i just open my letterbox, this singpost flyer listed an EM selling at 400k only. jw st42,blk 558. says got lotsa greenery,corner unit and can watch sunset leh. 100% move in too. haha. sounds like a better deal leh. go and see see lo.enquire with singpost @ 6251 2000(10am-10pm daily) not sure if have catch or not. didnt know singpost do such things too. haha. JW's EM can be considered too for you i think. cheaper, quieter for couples? if really can watch sunset not bad too. haha. that area hardly have choco smell too. my new area have strong choco smell lo.

Since that time HDB selling that teban gardens mansionette at 325k, is it a gd buy?

Hmm..i aint no property guru but at that price. quite a good 'investment' i guess. so much cheaper then open market + can apply hdb conc loan. but too pricey for me already & EM usually cost around 50k for something simple if overhual. kinda not prepared for the amount of cash involved so pass on it. :D

you enquire the JW unit yet? sounds like good deal too. can just view since you yet commit to anything. ;)

I got a nice number during April 08 de balloting too.. and the EM at Teban was available...

It was a high floor corner, everythign went well.. till my hubby went to see the place...

He looked out, though its facing the bend of the reservior, you can see 3 'joss-sticks' giving out smoke most of the time...

Accessibility wise, also very bad, cos no nearest MRT.. nearest de = Jurong East, which is 15mins bus away...

Kids go sch very mahfan next time

Foreign workers alot too..

U consider bahh...

Just my 5cents,

You consider if u wanna see candy cane look alike joss sticks everyday bahh..

Edited by Hiera