Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bbprincess

Good Builders To Do Reconstruction Work

Hi,

I'm new to the forums here. I'm looking to reconstruct my inter-terrace to 3 or 3 1/2 stories. 1800 sqft land, will build up to about 3200-3500 sqft. My budget is hopefully 500-600k, but I can spend more if absolutely necessary. The design will be rather simple, no pool or anything, but will need the foundation to be stronger cause the land is reclaimed. As the quality is decent, I'm fine with it cause I'm looking to keep costs low. Would you have any builders who do basic work for a fairly low cost to recommend? Any architects to recommend as well?

Regards,

Sally

Hi Sally,

Happy CNY. Sure, we can chat and you are free to visit me and see my place. I have just recently constructed my house. Already PM you my contact details. I think $600K for all cost inclusive (ie include submission fees, external works, GST, sanitaryware, wardrobe, LED lightings, CAT6 enabled for whole house, etc..) for 3.5 storey intermediate terrace house is a difficult figure to work with as at current prices.

My estimate that the actual cost of construction plus partially furnishing such as wardrobe, LED lighting, KDK fans, CAT6 enabled etc.. ( you buy your own electrical appliances, sofa, dinning table, beds, etc personal items..) should cost around $700K to $750K (all hidden cost added). If you are looking at a $100K reduction, you may have to sacrifice one level such that the house become 2.5 storey.

I am talking about a properly built strong house using quality construction materials.

Cheers!

Edited by leechaorui

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Sally,

Happy CNY. Sure, we can chat and you are free to visit me and see my place. I have just recently constructed my house. Already PM you my contact details. I think $600K for all cost inclusive (ie include submission fees, external works, GST, sanitaryware, wardrobe, LED lightings, CAT6 enabled for whole house, etc..) for 3.5 storey intermediate terrace house is a difficult figure to work with as at current prices.

My estimate that the actual cost of construction plus partially furnishing such as wardrobe, LED lighting, KDK fans, CAT6 enabled etc.. ( you buy your own electrical appliances, sofa, dinning table, beds, etc personal items..) should cost around $700K to $750K (all hidden cost added). If you are looking at a $100K reduction, you may have to sacrifice one level such that the house become 2.5 storey.

I am talking about a properly built strong house using quality construction materials.

Cheers!

I actually think $750k for quality construction with good quality materials is pretty cheap. My estimate is probably in the range of 900k. Do bear in mind that Lee and myself may and probably have different ideas around quality.

Best that you view different houses, get some ideas around what level of functionality, furnishing and finishing that you want. Then engage a builder or architect that can help you realisze your dreams within your budget. Don't wait too long though... I forecast continued inflation :-)

I actually think $750k for quality construction with good quality materials is pretty cheap. My estimate is probably in the range of 900k. Do bear in mind that Lee and myself may and probably have different ideas around quality.

Best that you view different houses, get some ideas around what level of functionality, furnishing and finishing that you want. Then engage a builder or architect that can help you realisze your dreams within your budget. Don't wait too long though... I forecast continued inflation :-)

Agree :D

Quality means different things for different pple. What I meant was quality of construction more than quality of furnishing eg. water proofing the whole house, using only solid bricks, using high quality paint, using high quality cement, etc.. I think Kardtoon house is very beautiful. Pass by once but did not get in to see.

Hi,

I'm new to the forums here. I'm looking to reconstruct my inter-terrace to 3 or 3 1/2 stories. 1800 sqft land, will build up to about 3200-3500 sqft. My budget is hopefully 500-600k, but I can spend more if absolutely necessary. The design will be rather simple, no pool or anything, but will need the foundation to be stronger cause the land is reclaimed. As the quality is decent, I'm fine with it cause I'm looking to keep costs low. Would you have any builders who do basic work for a fairly low cost to recommend? Any architects to recommend as well?

Regards,

Sally

Hi there,

Have shortlisted a few architect firms n planning to meet them up soon. Wonder what are the things I should look out for or rather what are the questions I should be asking in order to choose the right one for the "rebuild"?? :help:

Thanks a zillion in advance :bow:

Agree :D

Quality means different things for different pple. What I meant was quality of construction more than quality of furnishing eg. water proofing the whole house, using only solid bricks, using high quality paint, using high quality cement, etc.. I think Kardtoon house is very beautiful. Pass by once but did not get in to see.

Thanks for the kind words Lee. I have benefited from your advice through this process.

One word to readers of the forum. This forum is not a substitute for professional advice. Always consult if possible different professionals and decide on one where you feel the most comfortable with.

Hi,

I am in the midst of getting quotations from builders for the reconstruction of my inter-terrace house. Can you recommend me the builders you are using. It seems that 400K is a ball park figure to build from a 2 storey to 2.5 storey with a complete hacking of the house. I have so many rebuiders but not sure who to trust. Some can quote just by giving a floor plan while others do not dare to quote unless they go to the site for a viewing. Others need more detailed drawings from BCA to quote. Appreciate if you can pm me the contacts and I would appreciate it. Wow really stress. Work is stress and come back home now is even more stressful. Prefer to stay at work nowadays. :o:o

Hi Ram,

I am new to this forum. I just purchased a Terrace house and plan to rebuild it. Can you please share your experience and guide me on this. My email is muralinaga@gmail.com

- Murali

Hi Ram,

I am new to this forum. I just purchased a Terrace house and plan to rebuild it. Can you please share your experience and guide me on this. My email is muralinaga@gmail.com

- Murali

Hi, we are planning to purchase a small landed house around 900sqf land. Currently it has 2 storey and an attic. We will like to extend the second level, redo the ground floor to have a small backyard with heated jacuzzi (currently it is fully covered) and hopefully a better height attic / third floor with new roofing. Will you be able to recommend your builder to us? Do you know how much in total is the professional fees (PE, architect and submission).

We are also planning to apply for construction loan but understand that some banks do not support professional fees in the loan. Do you know of any bank that supports this?

Hi,

My land is around 1800 sqft, so far we decided to build 2.5 storey, with a roof terr, and an entertainment room on the top floor, manage to up the build-in to jus below 2700sqft, from 2200sqft. With plan to add in a swimming pool, length 7.5m, width 2.5m and depth 1.2m. His price is around 130k, hacking all the tiles and walls, extending the front and back to max, building the roof terr, pool is around 20k. How about your case? Thanks

---

Sorry to revive this thread... But, may I ask what kind of pool was it? Concrete or...? In-ground or above ground? $20k, so much?

I'm looking for quotations for how much an above-ground small pool would cost to make on my roof terrace. And what are the maintenance pros and cons. TIA! :)