Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kartell

Pasir Panjang Penthouse 1550sq Ft

Hi Kartell,

Congras on your new home and love your amazing decor. I like to check if your decking contractor mention that the varnishing for the decking may fade over a period of time ? And do your decking have a clear coat or lacquer? Bc my decked varnish faded after less than a year and was wondering if its normal. My contractor tell me its normal for the fading. The fading shows patches of the bare wood on the surface. Its not really unsightly but i just wan to check if it normal for something like to happen. Mine was not done my Liang Hoe Huat but i like to know if they provided any warranty on workmanship. Some of my decking strips seem to have "cupping" effect. Its not really serious or obvious but you can slightly feel it when you walk over it on bare foot.

I actually keen on using your contractor to resand my decking to level the cupping effect and repaint the whole decking again.

But like to check on the workmanship for quality. Btw are you able to tell me the size of your decking and price they charge for it ? Mine decking is 4.5m X 5m, and was quoted around 4k.

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Kartell,

Congras on your new home and love your amazing decor. I like to check if your decking contractor mention that the varnishing for the decking may fade over a period of time ? And do your decking have a clear coat or lacquer? Bc my decked varnish faded after less than a year and was wondering if its normal. My contractor tell me its normal for the fading. The fading shows patches of the bare wood on the surface. Its not really unsightly but i just wan to check if it normal for something like to happen. Mine was not done my Liang Hoe Huat but i like to know if they provided any warranty on workmanship. Some of my decking strips seem to have "cupping" effect. Its not really serious or obvious but you can slightly feel it when you walk over it on bare foot.

I actually keen on using your contractor to resand my decking to level the cupping effect and repaint the whole decking again.

But like to check on the workmanship for quality. Btw are you able to tell me the size of your decking and price they charge for it ? Mine decking is 4.5m X 5m, and was quoted around 4k.

Thanks

You can look for joseph ang from liang ho huat, for that size shld be less than 4K. Anyway, i was also told it will fade but they paint 2 times for me.

You can look for joseph ang from liang ho huat, for that size shld be less than 4K. Anyway, i was also told it will fade but they paint 2 times for me.

Hi Kartell, did you try to use plastic timber for more durable look? I love your polycarbonate trellis, did you get approval from MCST before installing?

Hi Kartell, did you try to use plastic timber for more durable look? I love your polycarbonate trellis, did you get approval from MCST before installing?

No, didnt try plastic timber, was told that the cost was almost same...so get the real wood....

Get management approval!

Just finished up cleaning the whole house yesterday. Going to start moving small items for this coming 2 weeks. And also waiting for my outdoor furniture to be sent next saturday by Natural Living. Hopefully we can shift eveything by end of july. Target before Hungry Ghost Festival...

:P

Those who need contact from my suppliers or contractors, feel free to pm me.

Highly Recommended

- Liang Hoe Huat Joseph for Outdoor wood decking and Roof Covering

- Suntec 1688 Alan for cheap and good curtains

- Zen Car Services Jimmy for solar film installation

- Europa Wall Covering Michael for the wall paper

- EzziLiving Nada for the Laundry system

- storerack.sg for the storeroom rack

- Choon Ying Ah Teck at Euro warehouse for the lightings

- Closet Design Luke for the wardrobe

All these contractors i have full satisfaction and pay them once completed a good job!

Hi Kartell

Could you please pm me your recommended suppliers contacts? Many thanks in advance

Just finished up cleaning the whole house yesterday. Going to start moving small items for this coming 2 weeks. And also waiting for my outdoor furniture to be sent next saturday by Natural Living. Hopefully we can shift eveything by end of july. Target before Hungry Ghost Festival...

:P

Those who need contact from my suppliers or contractors, feel free to pm me.

Highly Recommended

- Liang Hoe Huat Joseph for Outdoor wood decking and Roof Covering

- Suntec 1688 Alan for cheap and good curtains

- Zen Car Services Jimmy for solar film installation

- Europa Wall Covering Michael for the wall paper

- EzziLiving Nada for the Laundry system

- storerack.sg for the storeroom rack

- Choon Ying Ah Teck at Euro warehouse for the lightings

- Closet Design Luke for the wardrobe

All these contractors i have full satisfaction and pay them once completed a good job!

Thanks for sharing :)

May I know how much is the solar film installation provided by Zen car services?