Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Supersimon27

Effective Way To Clean Window Roller Shades

How to effectivly change the roller shades .

My previous owner left the blinds/shades for me . But I need to find a way to clean it . Anyone can help ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
How to effectivly change the roller shades .

My previous owner left the blinds/shades for me . But I need to find a way to clean it . Anyone can help ?

Regular blinds (Venetian Blinds )

Clean by brushing off the slats with e.g. ordinary soft, clean dust cloths or vcuum cleaner brush attachments at regular intervals.

To wash: use a damp cloth or sponge and mild detergent with warm or cold water. The blinds can also be taken down, placed in a tub of mild soapy water, then rinsed clean, wiped dry or allow to dry completely in the open air.

If you brush off dust on the blinds every week will reduce the need to clean by water.

Wood blinds

Wood blinds is NOT recommended to be washed. Dust regularly as above.

Stained wood blinds should be treated periodically with lemom oil or other wood preservative to protect their finish and enhance their luster.

Roller shades

Light dusting with a feather duster, soft cloth or low suction vacuum attachnment. Do not clean with harsh detergents.

Vertical Fabric

Clean by vacuum

Vertical Vynle

Clean by wiping with mild soap and water

Celluar Blinds

Clean by frequent dusting

Drapes and Valence

Clean by frequent dusting and vacuum,usually cleaned by professional cleaner with minor repair once every year.

Regular blinds (Venetian Blinds )

Clean by brushing off the slats with e.g. ordinary soft, clean dust cloths or vcuum cleaner brush attachments at regular intervals.

To wash: use a damp cloth or sponge and mild detergent with warm or cold water. The blinds can also be taken down, placed in a tub of mild soapy water, then rinsed clean, wiped dry or allow to dry completely in the open air.

If you brush off dust on the blinds every week will reduce the need to clean by water.

Wood blinds

Wood blinds is NOT recommended to be washed. Dust regularly as above.

Stained wood blinds should be treated periodically with lemom oil or other wood preservative to protect their finish and enhance their luster.

Roller shades

Light dusting with a feather duster, soft cloth or low suction vacuum attachnment. Do not clean with harsh detergents.

Vertical Fabric

Clean by vacuum

Vertical Vynle

Clean by wiping with mild soap and water

Celluar Blinds

Clean by frequent dusting

Drapes and Valence

Clean by frequent dusting and vacuum,usually cleaned by professional cleaner with minor repair once every year.

wow so detail. But i'm not sure mine is Roller shades or Regular blinds (Venetian Blinds ) . what's the dff between the 2?