Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RyanX

Need Advice For False Ceiling And L-box

Hi,

Have been waiting for melancholic's response for the longest time. In the meantime, I have been doing my own search. Last week I visited a friend's condo which is being renovated. I had a chat with one of the workers there doing the false ceiling & plastering. He told me he would be starting on his own next month.

Wow.... feel that I hit a jackpot.... because I just wanna do minor renovation and would rather go to the worker directly.

Will be meeting up with him soon. Also will visit my friends house again to see the finished work.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest melancholic

Hi there. My sincerest apologies for those who have been waiting for a reply.

I've been really busy with work and haven't been accessing renotalk for a long time. I'll prob not be coming back to the forum frequently due to work commitments. So I'll just do something I'm not supposed to.. which is to put the contact here. If it gets erased by the administrator, do contact those at the start of the thread as they would have the contact that I've given to them.

Just tell the contractor that someone who used him from The Rivervale Condo gave you this contact. If his price differs (more) a lot, do tell him u know the price I was charged. (In case people misunderstand that I get a commission.. ohmy.gif)

Mr Chan K. L. (We call him ah long.. haha)

HP: 81122998

Fax: 65845769

Company name: U-Top Contractor

cheers!

If the post was deleted, u can also look for me on melancholic false ceiling contractor. Heard he going to close down his company this year.

Hi,

Can anyone advise whether this is expensive?

$1450 to construct false ceiling @ living/ dining area c/w cove lighting pelmet & curtain pelmet. (area 6.3m * 3.6m)

Is it true that condos do not come with false ceiling, so will need to do false ceiling if I want to install down lights?

Some parts of the ceiling are false to conceal pipes/services ... just get a rod to tap ....

Hi,

Can anyone advise whether this is expensive?

$1450 to construct false ceiling @ living/ dining area c/w cove lighting pelmet & curtain pelmet. (area 6.3m * 3.6m)

Is it true that condos do not come with false ceiling, so will need to do false ceiling if I want to install down lights?

anyone have the contact? can pm me thanks

Was stated in page 2 of the thread:

Mr Chan K. L. (We call him ah long.. haha)

HP: 81122998

Fax: 65845769

Company name: U-Top Contractor

<!--quoteo(post=407843:date=Jun 11 2009, 01:57 PM:name=RyanX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RyanX @ Jun 11 2009, 01:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=407843"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi All,

I am planning to do up L Box / False Ceiling in my living and dining rooms. With down lights. Am not sure what are the market rates at the moment. My hall size is 3 m by 4 m. My dining is about the same size. Was thinking of juz having L Box **** area while dining comes with false ceiling.

Appreciate any form of help.

Many thanks in advance.

RyanX<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

'Market' Rates for a lot of IDs, before negotiation:

False Ceiling - $5psf

L-box - $10-12 pfr

L-box with cove lighting - $17pfr

after negotiation

False Ceiling - $3psf

L-Box - $9 to $10 pfr

L-box with cove lighting - $13-14 pfr

If ID is boss of company, which happens to be the rates contractors will charge you:

False Ceiling - can push to $2.50psf

L-Box - $7 pfr

L-box with cove lighting - $10pfr

Market Rate for actual sub-contractor doing the work (I didn't have my ceiling work done by my ID but by my uncle's relative's work partner)

False Ceiling - $2 psf

L-Box - $4.50 pfr <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->(Correction, it's actually $6-6.50 pfr)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

L-box with cove lighting - $7pfr

I saved at least $1k by getting my own contractor to do the false ceiling!!!

Hi can you pls email me the contact at kitm.fung@gmail.com? Thanks in advance!