Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kueh

How To Clean White Solid Top?

the one u bought from Scotch Brite known as Easy Erasing Pad right? The one from the website is those magic sponge...many brands in the market. The original ones is very ex and selling at NTUC. I think its more lasting than those selling for $2. For the Blue and White, its actually very effective to clean the stains in children's cups, bowls and mugs. Really wiped out the stains eg coffee/tea/milo stains.

yeah i cannot rem. should be the original branded Scotch Brite. but then its so effective and can use for such a long time, i tink its good to buy the original one. wait if you buy the imitation ones, and they scratch your countertop, even worse rite

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yeah i cannot rem. should be the original branded Scotch Brite. but then its so effective and can use for such a long time, i tink its good to buy the original one. wait if you buy the imitation ones, and they scratch your countertop, even worse rite

ya. The Scotch Brite sponge u referring to is not the magic sponge. Magic sponge comes in big block and imitation ones (or should I say rival brands that's not so good in quality) that usually comes in smaller blocks selling at some DIY shops, budget shops, Diaso. The one u bought is a different type of sponge but it actually works pretty well as I've used both before. The original big block magic sponge cost around $6.50 in NTUC.

ya. The Scotch Brite sponge u referring to is not the magic sponge. Magic sponge comes in big block and imitation ones (or should I say rival brands that's not so good in quality) that usually comes in smaller blocks selling at some DIY shops, budget shops, Diaso. The one u bought is a different type of sponge but it actually works pretty well as I've used both before. The original big block magic sponge cost around $6.50 in NTUC.

the big block sponge huh, i didn't see leh. maybe you wanna try out the blue and white sponge i am telling you. it works Wonders! Daiso ones, i dun really believe, and didn't buy.

cif is good.. my solid surface kena tea stain.can use cif to remove it..

wouldn't cif damage your solidtop? was told by my Id not to use cif on it, grr unless he gave me wrong information.

been trying to find something i can use to clean the solidtop after a session of oily cooking.

ya this blue and white sponge is good. I also using it, but to clean cups/mugs stained with coffee, tea, milk, etc. Last night my princess used blue marker to draw on our ceramic tiles and luckily able to clean off using the magic sponge. But do note that the magic sponge can be really strong and effective that the spot would be 'cleaner' and 'whiter' after cleaning as i previously used it at old place on our homo tiles.

ya this blue and white sponge is good. I also using it, but to clean cups/mugs stained with coffee, tea, milk, etc. Last night my princess used blue marker to draw on our ceramic tiles and luckily able to clean off using the magic sponge. But do note that the magic sponge can be really strong and effective that the spot would be 'cleaner' and 'whiter' after cleaning as i previously used it at old place on our homo tiles.

i got 1 cheapo method to share, for your coffee and tea stains. my ex-colleague taught me. Wet your cup a little bit, rub some salt on the coffee stains, and after a while, voila its gone. cheap and effective way. i have tried that many times

i got 1 cheapo method to share, for your coffee and tea stains. my ex-colleague taught me. Wet your cup a little bit, rub some salt on the coffee stains, and after a while, voila its gone. cheap and effective way. i have tried that many times

wow that's great. I'll try it later.

Any idea where to buy the 3M stainless steel spray cleaner from?

use 3M stainless steel spray cleaner.

i'm not kidding. i was been told by the soild top installer to use it for regular maintainence. i didnt believe at first, but again its confirmed by another friend also.

just spray on surface and wipe dry.

Any idea how to get rid of white spots for dark colored solid tops?

Just realized that my kitchen cabinet solid top has patches of them.(big patches)

I only realized there was discoloration after the 3rd visit to my future home.. sigh..

Anyone can help?

Am using Cif for cleaning up stain marks once in a while.. then after wipe clean, I will spray on the Pledge cleaner, citrus smell type(for wooden furniture) which leaves a layer of wax or silicon(not too sure what exactly). White solid top will be clean and also repels water.. does it about once every 2-3 weeks. :)

*Recommended by the fellas who fix on my solid top*

sigh...now even Cif is not helping..my solid surface kena some yellowish stain which i suspect come from those cheapo brownish coaster that i bought from Ikea....

now how??? sigh any method to get rid of it???? :(