Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ripples

Minimalist Loft

My ID and I spent the weekend working on the enlarged bathroom design. This is what we came up with:

BigBathroomSketch.jpg

New Floorplan:

RevisedFloorplan.jpg

Any comments?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My ID and I spent the weekend working on the enlarged bathroom design. This is what we came up with:

BigBathroomSketch.jpg

New Floorplan:

RevisedFloorplan.jpg

what is that small room at the centre floor plan of 2nd storey?

Any comments?

wow your MBR is really looking huge! :jawdrop:

How much u spent on the reno? your hse near to the famous Muffin market rite? the shunfu road market

wow your MBR is really looking huge! :jawdrop:

How much u spent on the reno? your hse near to the famous Muffin market rite? the shunfu road market

I think I got carried away with the hacking :lol:

Maybe it won't look so huge after the furniture is in.

Haven't explored the neighborhood. Only know I'm close to Thomson Plaza. Will check out the market soon. Thanks for the info.

Edited by Ripples

End of Week 1: Cement/Tiling Works

Cement work is coming along slowly and steadily. It's like watching paint dry. So painfully slow but essential. Certain things can't be rushed.

P6260002.jpg

The guest toilet is reinstated. The previous owner hacked the toilet and replaced it with a pantry cabinet. Had to put it back as I don't expect my guests to climb upstairs to use the toilet.

P6260011.jpg

The aircon team came in to run the trunking through the bedrooms. Looks more like elephant trunk! Need to get my ID guy to wrap it up nicely.

P6260019.jpg

Managed to get HDB approval for the aircon condenser to be installed outside. Glad I don't have the chunky condenser buzzing over my head in the balcony.

P6260016.jpg

More images here: http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/uu304/Renotalk/Week%201/

The metallic laminate that I selected is too expensive. So I have to re-select a cheaper laminate. My ID guy suggested a black laminate with the same brushed finish and a "midnight" black solid top. What do you guys think? Stay with silver or change to black?

Original Option: Silver Laminate

KitchenSilver.jpg

New Option: Black Laminate

KitchenBlack.jpg

LamitakBrushedBlack.jpg

Corian Night Sky Solid Top

CorianNightSky-1.jpg

Edited by Ripples

I think the silver looks much better. :)

Thanks Angel. I like the silver option too. However, the silver laminate is in the $168 range while the black laminate is in the $38 range. I'll have to look for a cheaper silver alternative or have to spend more.

LamitakAluminiumRipples.jpg

Corian Silver Birch Solid Top:

CorianSilverBirch.jpg

Edited by Ripples

Silver seems nicer and make the space bigger

but the price difference is really huge!!

Btw, congrats!!!

Thanks Char for your vote. Looking forward to view your pics.

Beginning of Week 2:

The debris has been cleared on the first floor. The kitchen/dining area space is huge :thumbs up:

P7010002.jpg

P7010003.jpg

Most of the cement work is done. We'll start to dry lay the bathroom tiles on Friday so they can start the tile work next week.

BathroomCopperRustTiles.jpg

Thanks Angel. I like the silver option too. However, the silver laminate is in the $168 range while the black laminate is in the $38 range. I'll have to look for a cheaper silver alternative or have to spend more.

Oh my.. That IS a very huge difference. hehehee.. yah, there should be a cheaper silver alternative. :)

Beginning of Week 2:

The debris has been cleared on the first floor. The kitchen/dining area space is huge :thumbs up:

Most of the cement work is done. We'll start to dry lay the bathroom tiles on Friday so they can start the tile work next week.

Wao! It really looks very big and airy after hacking! How I wish I can hack mine too. hehehhe :P

Edited by Angel81