Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ripples

Minimalist Loft

Yo Ripples, was reading your blog...

"The disappointing news is the aircon installation. The trunking was installed without supervision so it was done incorrectly. The aircon guy will have to come back to shift the casing and redirect the condensation outlet. Hope I don't have to pay more for the correction."

I think you better be there to see the installation or let the project manager know...if not...it can be problematic based on my experience.

Btw, I intend to install the compressor outside the MBR just like u did. :P The permit to do so from HDB is the job of the renovation company or we need to apply ourself?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yo Ripples, was reading your blog...

"The disappointing news is the aircon installation. The trunking was installed without supervision so it was done incorrectly. The aircon guy will have to come back to shift the casing and redirect the condensation outlet. Hope I don't have to pay more for the correction."

I think you better be there to see the installation or let the project manager know...if not...it can be problematic based on my experience.

Btw, I intend to install the compressor outside the MBR just like u did. :P The permit to do so from HDB is the job of the renovation company or we need to apply ourself?

Hi Red Devil

Yes, I'm calling everyone for the briefing tomorrow to make sure the corrections are done to my satisfaction. Luckily, I haven't paid for the aircon. I'll hold back the payment till the job is done.

No, you don't have to apply for the permit yourself. Get the aircon company to apply it for you. My aircon guy did all the paperwork for me.

ya man... A briefing to the respective person involved would solve a lot of hipcups.

Thank for the answer.. I hope HDB will approved my bracket to be installed outside the MBR.

The current compressor is above the covered roof of the balcony. And my contractor can't find a way from the second floor to gain entry to the compressor....So weird...we speculate the compressor must have been installed before the roof was layed.

Hi,

May I know how much you spend on just e reno?

ThanX!

Hi

My reno is going to cost around $65K :bangwall:

The majority of the cost is spent on the kitchen and bathrooms. The remainder is spent on feature walls for each room like a metallic mosaic kitchen backsplash, a patterned wooden panel to conceal the 1st floor toilet, a cultured-stone wall in the living room, a vertical garden wall in the balcony, a full length mirror wall in the master bathroom, etc. I want each space to have a focal point. Hence, the price to pay!

By the way, I think you did an excellent job with your reno. The transformation is fantastic. I'm sure you and your family will enjoy the space for years to come.

ya man... A briefing to the respective person involved would solve a lot of hipcups.

Thank for the answer.. I hope HDB will approved my bracket to be installed outside the MBR.

The current compressor is above the covered roof of the balcony. And my contractor can't find a way from the second floor to gain entry to the compressor....So weird...we speculate the compressor must have been installed before the roof was layed.

If you like a second opinion, call my aircon guy - Eddie (9858 9084) from Pure Air to take a look.

If you like a second opinion, call my aircon guy - Eddie (9858 9084) from Pure Air to take a look.

Thank man. Will take note of the contact. appreciated it.

Btw, 65k for the requirements and things you are going to do...I think is worth the money. In fact, I think for that price. Is a steal! :D

Definitely look forward your reno progress.

We started on the tile work today. So exciting :yeah:

Tip of the day: If you like to be fully involved, dry laying is an interesting and crucial part of the design process if you want your tile walls to look good.

The rusty copper tile wall in the bathroom is going to look great, especially when the light hits on the rusty areas.

P7030001.jpg

The brick wall in the living room will enhance the overall loft feel. It will be painted in "barely grey" white to match the rest of the walls.

P7030006.jpg

The powder room will not have any tiles. As a design element, my ID has etched horizontal lines on the cement wall with a plastic scraper to create texture. It will stand out more after the whole room is painted with white epoxy paint.

P7030008.jpg

Edited by Ripples

We started on the tile work today. So exciting :yeah:

Tip of the day: If you like to be fully involved, dry laying is an interesting and crucial part of the design process if you want your tile walls to look good.

The rusty copper tile wall in the bathroom is going to look great, especially when the light hits on the rusty areas.

P7030001.jpg

your rusty copper tile very nice. Whats the texture like and is it slippery at wet areas?

very excited to see your end product!! cos I actually like the concrete look alot.

your rusty copper tile very nice. Whats the texture like and is it slippery at wet areas?

hi, the tile has a slightly rough surface so it will not be slippery when wet. the color of the tile changes when it gets wet too. very cool.

very excited to see your end product!! cos I actually like the concrete look alot.

thanks ivy. i'll upload pics of the tile work next week. you can find more pics on my personal blog (link below). the handover is scheduled for mid-aug.

Off to a great start for Week 3. The tiler did a great job with the feature wall in the living room:

P7060002.jpg

P7060004.jpg

Can't wait for him to start on my kitchen backsplash tomorrow:

P7060001.jpg

woo!

$30psf metallic mosaics!

i was going to choose this for my toilets but end up buying gold ones.

wat colour grout will u be using for ur brick walls? they r nice!