Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ripples

Minimalist Loft

Yes, the mosaic wall blew a hole in my budget. That's why I can't afford the Aluminum Ripples laminate for my drawers (@ $168 per piece). I've to settle for the Brushed Black laminate @ $38 now. The top cabinets remain in Brushed Aluminum @ $90.

I've asked the tiler to mix a grey grout for the mosaic wall so it blends in with the silver metal squares. I want the little mirrors on the mosaic to pop.

The feature wall is created with cultured stone tiles, but they do look like real bricks. The tiler hasn't applied the grout, which will be regular cement color. I'm going to paint the wall in "barely grey" white to match the walls so the color of the grout doesn't quite matter.

Edited by Ripples

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I tot the laminates usually goes by a big piece as in 4feet by 8 feet and not psf?

becos i got the laminate catalogues from my contractor and i saw the metallic series from $150 to $280++

but they are priced per piece and not psf.

maybe u would like to ask again?

I tot the laminates usually goes by a big piece as in 4feet by 8 feet and not psf?

becos i got the laminate catalogues from my contractor and i saw the metallic series from $150 to $280++

but they are priced per piece and not psf.

maybe u would like to ask again?

Yes, you are quite right. It's priced per piece. But $168 is still over my budget. Plus there is going to be more wastage because I want the lines to go horizontally for the drawers. I've till the end of this week to decide on silver or black. Worst case scenario, I can live with the black laminate drawers.

The tile work is done. I'm very happy with the results. I've a disco wall in my kitchen :dancingqueen:

P7080002.jpg

If you look closely, you will be able to see the little mirrors mixed with the metallic squares:

P7080006.jpg

It's a great alternative to a plain stainless steel backsplash.

My bathroom shower wall and floor are done too :bath:

P7080009.jpg

The tiles look like actual copper sheets:

P7080010.jpg

The floor-to-ceiling mirror will complete the bathroom feature wall:

P7080017.jpg

Edited by Ripples

nice mosaics in the kitchen :good:

i have the same "rusty copper" tiles at my dining area and they look great!

Thx sixer. Did you get yours from LSH or Hafary? I went with LSH because the rust was more obvious than the Hafary selection.

Thx sixer. Did you get yours from LSH or Hafary? I went with LSH because the rust was more obvious than the Hafary selection.

hafary. i chose hafary cause it was less greenish as compared to LSH. but both are also nice and both i also like :D

End of Week 3. The plumbing work is complete and the new parquet wood floor is almost done.

The plumber did a neat job with the water pipes. Only the vertical pipes will be seen after my cabinet is installed. The exposed copper pipes will be painted to match the wall color.

P7100001.jpg

I opted for stainless steel pipes for the shower area so they will blend with the mixer. Again only the vertical pipes will be seen after the top is boxed up.

P7100002.jpg

The parquet wood adds warmth to the living room. You'll be able to see it better once the protective boards are removed next week.

P7100007.jpg

Edited by Ripples

Hi Ripples

new around here...came here to shop....learn...collect ideas for my new flat (collecting key year end)....happen to read your thread...and found to be very useful...thanks

wow what a great place you have...even before reno..but i believe it will be better after reno...hope to see more of your photos update....

mind if i ask a few question, who's your contractor .... ID...care to share??

thanks a lots...

gorilla

Hi Ripples

new around here...came here to shop....learn...collect ideas for my new flat (collecting key year end)....happen to read your thread...and found to be very useful...thanks

wow what a great place you have...even before reno..but i believe it will be better after reno...hope to see more of your photos update....

mind if i ask a few question, who's your contractor .... ID...care to share??

thanks a lots...

gorilla

Hi Gorilla

Glad you enjoy my updates. You can find my ID on my reno blog. The link is at the bottom of my signature.

hi Ripples

hey thanks....did read your blog...but didn't find the ID first time round, then realise that there is a archive folder....(so stupid of me...hahaha) so went in again and found your ID......

will take note thanks again....will be here shopping around for more ideas....

gorilla