Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ripples

Minimalist Loft

Hi Ripples,

Not sure hav u confirmed ur laminate.

i also want the metallic laminate at first, but due to the amt different so i selected silver laminate, the result turns out more grayish look....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Ripples,

Not sure hav u confirmed ur laminate.

i also want the metallic laminate at first, but due to the amt different so i selected silver laminate, the result turns out more grayish look....

Hi Prawnee3

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm sticking with Brushed Aluminum laminate from EDL for the top cabinets. The LamiTAK range is too dull.

EDLBrushedAluminium.jpg

And using the same brushed effect in black from LamiTAK for the bottom drawers. The original plan was to use Aluminum Ripples but the top-up cost is too high. Plus I need to tone down the shiny surfaces from the top cabinets and backsplash. I think the combination will work well together.

LamitakBrushedBlack.jpg

The tiles look like actual copper sheets:

P7080010.jpg

the tiles look gd :good:

me also choose tis tiles for my bathroom, but is in 30x30...hope it will look gd too

the tiles look gd :good:

me also choose tis tiles for my bathroom, but is in 30x30...hope it will look gd too

hi kcsek

i saw your comment on sixer's t-blog. great choice :good:

have you selected the supplier? you can get this tile from hafary or lian sin heng. i chose my tiles from lsh because the rust looks fresher (more yellowish). the ones from hafary looks more aged. sixer likes the hafary selection better. the choice is yours, but both will look good.

one helpful tip to get the best result from this tile texture: make your id do a dry-lay before tiling. we mixed the tiles up so that the rust is spread out on the wall in an uneven pattern. if you want to repeat the pattern like sixer's wall, then there is no need to carry out this step.

Week 4: The guys are busy boxing everything up and patching all the holes today.

Before:

P7060003-1.jpg

After:

P7130011.jpg

The tiler came back to extend the mosaic wall for the hood backing. More bling! :jammin:

P7130001.jpg

We should start the paint work on Wed. Here's my selection from ICI Dulux:

http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/uu304/R...hopping%20List/

Edited by Ripples

hi kcsek

i saw your comment on sixer's t-blog. great choice :good:

have you selected the supplier? you can get this tile from hafary or lian sin heng. i chose my tiles from lsh because the rust looks fresher (more yellowish). the ones from hafary looks more aged. sixer likes the hafary selection better. the choice is yours, but both will look good.

one helpful tip to get the best result from this tile texture: make your id do a dry-lay before tiling. we mixed the tiles up so that the rust is spread out on the wall in an uneven pattern. if you want to repeat the pattern like sixer's wall, then there is no need to carry out this step.

hey ripples

thanks for your tips. will check wif my ID whether have the tiler lay it, if not will get them mixed the tiles...

the tiles was recommended by my ID so i did not went for any selection for tiles.

i'm also using the other colour more blue-ish for my living and kitchen :P

hi kcsek

glad you are happy with your id's selection. i changed my selection twice because i saw tiles i liked both times when i visited hafary and lsh. i collected samples from both suppliers because the same tile can look different from different stock. guess i'm a little more picky with my choices.

Edited by Ripples

hi kcsek

glad you are happy with your id's selection. i changed my selection twice because i saw tiles i liked both times when i visited hafary and lsh. i collected samples from both suppliers because the same tile can look different from different stock. guess i'm a little more picky with my choices.

In fact before my ID's recommend me the tiles, i had went to a few shops to view tiles along balestier rd. There they do carry the similiar tiles which my id's recommended, to save me time to go searching and viewing for tiles.

When there's to many choices i get confuse... and start to hv ideas poping in my minds.... so i try not to go view tiles.

it's gd too be picky at time ;)

In fact before my ID's recommend me the tiles, i had went to a few shops to view tiles along balestier rd. There they do carry the similiar tiles which my id's recommended, to save me time to go searching and viewing for tiles.

When there's to many choices i get confuse... and start to hv ideas poping in my minds.... so i try not to go view tiles.

it's gd too be picky at time ;)

looking forward to see your pics. i'm sure it'll look great and unique in the way you arrange the tiles.

the three of us can form the rusty copper tiles club :P

the blue one also nice. can't wait to see you pics kc.

Edited by sixer

hey!u long time no update your house reno liao!!!

how much is ur total quotation ah?

:P been very busy with meeting after meeting at work, so this few days got no time to visit my place.

reno itself cost 22k

looking forward to see your pics. i'm sure it'll look great and unique in the way you arrange the tiles.

will update once have the time to take pic...

the three of us can form the rusty copper tiles club :P

the blue one also nice. can't wait to see you pics kc.

:D ya man rusty cooper club,,, i think not many ppl can accept the rusty look....

Received delivery from Toto today. Very pleased with my purchases.

Master Bathroom Basin

P7160002.jpg

Cistern with their new dual eco-flush system

P7160005.jpg

6" Toilet Bowl

P7160003.jpg

Edited by Ripples

Everything that was exposed is now boxed up. The painters start tomorrow.

Before:

P7100002.jpg

After:

P7140008.jpg

ripples, did ur ID charge you additional for box-up of the trunkings? there is a glaringly thick aircon pipe in the middle of our study room door (super upset about that) - thinking of whether wanna box it up. such an eyesore

ripples, did ur ID charge you additional for box-up of the trunkings? there is a glaringly thick aircon pipe in the middle of our study room door (super upset about that) - thinking of whether wanna box it up. such an eyesore

hi beany

i think i had the same problem as you. i had a huge aircon trunking running across the beam that separates my bedroom. it does look better boxed up even though i lost a few inches off the ceiling.

Before:

P7060001.jpg

After:

P7140003.jpg

no, there is no additional charge to box-up aircon trunking.

Edited by Ripples