Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ripples

Minimalist Loft

Bro, may I know the cost of the stair case rails? I am looking to replace mine.... I thought of using glass but your railing looks like a good compromise of modern look and practicality. Good choice and taste.

hi voxy

my id charged me $500 for the rails. he used mild steel sprayed painted in grey. it feels really sturdy without looking bulky.

did you use Collective Designs to renovate your current place? are you going to ask selena to design your new place? CD was on my short-list of id's.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi voxy

my id charged me $500 for the rails. he used mild steel sprayed painted in grey. it feels really sturdy without looking bulky.

did you use Collective Designs to renovate your current place? are you going to ask selena to design your new place? CD was on my short-list of id's.

Thanks.... I skip the ID this time round since I know exactly what I want. CD is too ex... though I got to say Mudian workmanship is very good. My old house feature wall took them 10days to spray and polish... and of course cost quite a sum.

This time round, I will reduce all built in and not make my house too "ID"ed. I want it to look like a home, not showflat. Take the money and spent on some good quality furniture and lights is the way to go.

After 2 apt... time to make good use of the money on stuff I can bring along and last a long time.

Edited by voxy

Thanks.... I skip the ID this time round since I know exactly what I want. CD is too ex... though I got to say Mudian workmanship is very good. My old house feature wall took them 10days to spray and polish... and of course cost quite a sum.

This time round, I will reduce all built in and not make my house too "ID"ed. I want it to look like a home, not showflat. Take the money and spent on some good quality furniture and lights is the way to go.

After 2 apt... time to make good use of the money on stuff I can bring along and last a long time.

Sounds like a good plan. Looking forward to see the pics of your new place.

i like ur gate..simple..and nice.. how much is it?

let me check with my id on the cost. he didn't charge me for it and the new door.

Sounds like a good plan. Looking forward to see the pics of your new place.

Well... I will post once I start the reno.

I learned of this when I saw my buddys' dads 80's designer furniture (Knoll etc) are refurbished and reused in his new house. THese furniture cost a freaking bomb now from Space... and thus inspire me to do the same bec my daughters can use them next time or for my retirement home. No point to built in unnecessary stuff except kitchen and wardrobe.. IMHO.

Maybe this has got to do with age..... :D

hey do you have a clearer picture of your main door and door lock?

hi ivy, is this pic clearer? if not, i'll take a close-up tomorrow. the main door has been painted white today.

P8050006.jpg

Edited by Ripples

Progress for the past 3 days:

Shower Glass Door Installed:

BathroomGlassDoor.jpg

Microwave and Oven Installed:

P8050011.jpg

Bathroom Feature Mirror Wall Done:

Mirror.jpg

hi ivy, is this pic clearer? if not, i'll take a close-up tomorrow. the main door has been painted white today.

P8050006.jpg

thanks thanks!! that's good enough!! i just want to see how the contractor do the door lock for u. mine ahhh do already not nice... :(

hey ripples ur progress looking fab.... :good:

so when the handover....

it's countdown to hand-over. moving in next sat 15 aug. we should finish all construction this week. i'll upload more pics tomorrow.