Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wtc

Air Cond Trunking

Where does the end of the air cond pipe goes? Is it hidden under the toilet floor, goes out of window, etc??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Can see the pipe? I saw a flat where the pipe is lying on the floor

the contractor use a casing to cover the pipe. This is the same contractor who installed the aircon in the first place. Once inside the bathroom, i think the pipe is just exposed (i can't recall cos right now the pipe is left bare, probably removed by the contractor who's currently renovating my mbr toilet). Maybe once the pipes are all done I can take a pic and show u (in a day or 2) :)

Edited by mylife317

the contractor use a casing to cover the pipe. This is the same contractor who installed the aircon in the first place. Once inside the bathroom, i think the pipe is just exposed (i can't recall cos right now the pipe is left bare, probably removed by the contractor who's currently renovating my mbr toilet). Maybe once the pipes are all done I can take a pic and show u (in a day or 2) :)

Thanks! My bro said it could be hidden under the toilet flooring, but this must be done together with toilet reno.

Thanks! My bro said it could be hidden under the toilet flooring, but this must be done together with toilet reno.

what if you need to fix/change the pipe?

hack out the floor tiles?

I need to move the living room aircon from one wall to another wall. Anyone knows what needs to done and how much will this cost?

Many thanks in advance.

Mine system 3 (for bedrooms) seems be under the toilet floor as I can see the pipe end deep inside the drainage hole in the toilet. The piping was deployed by the flat developer, hence I think they are able to do such a design.

My compressor #2 for the living room deployed by my ID travels behind the kitchen cabinets and ends up in the drainage under the sink area.

I need to move the living room aircon from one wall to another wall. Anyone knows what needs to done and how much will this cost?

Many thanks in advance.

Fot shifting the aircon from 1 wall to another, best you consult your aircon vendor. I learnt that some walls cannot place aircon cos there maybe beams or such in along the walls such that they cannot deploy the water pipes and gas pipes. They may also need to replace the gas pipes or rerun the gas pipes from another location. so many factors

Mine system 3 (for bedrooms) seems be under the toilet floor as I can see the pipe end deep inside the drainage hole in the toilet. The piping was deployed by the flat developer, hence I think they are able to do such a design.

My compressor #2 for the living room deployed by my ID travels behind the kitchen cabinets and ends up in the drainage under the sink area.

Fot shifting the aircon from 1 wall to another, best you consult your aircon vendor. I learnt that some walls cannot place aircon cos there maybe beams or such in along the walls such that they cannot deploy the water pipes and gas pipes. They may also need to replace the gas pipes or rerun the gas pipes from another location. so many factors

Thanks!

Do you have any aircon vendor to recommend? and roughly how much will this cost?

Need to service the aircon as well.

heard that Gaincity the prices quite competitive. Can go to their store and have a look

i spend sometime visiting gaincity recently for the airconds. i agree their price is good and the sales pitch is very good. but unfortunately the installation process needs a very close monitoring especially when they say you pay first..then we can come to your place to look at it. try to get someone who can comes first..who lets you knw how to its shld be done. tht is what i call a good aircond company..this is just my opinion.

i spend sometime visiting gaincity recently for the airconds. i agree their price is good and the sales pitch is very good. but unfortunately the installation process needs a very close monitoring especially when they say you pay first..then we can come to your place to look at it. try to get someone who can comes first..who lets you knw how to its shld be done. tht is what i call a good aircond company..this is just my opinion.

Thanks.

Finally found a guy to service all aircon and also the relocation of one unit.

Very nice guy. Hopefully he will do a good job next week. "Finger cross". :)

Hi..

I'm a bit clueless about aircons.. We are planning to change the aircon pipings in our unit. Initially, we are set on having concealed pipings, but when canvassing, most don't offer concealed pipings. Just box up the pipes.

For unconcealed, where do they usually run the pipes? I can't imagine where it will pass to get to the condenser (esp. the room aircons). How do owners usually conceal those pipes? Using false ceiling?

Our unit is a condo, and I'm not even sure if unconcealed is allowed.

Went to ask at gain city also. The said they need to do onsite visit to give a quote, but they never mentioned that we need to pay first before they visit. Do they really collect money first?

Hi..

I'm a bit clueless about aircons.. We are planning to change the aircon pipings in our unit. Initially, we are set on having concealed pipings, but when canvassing, most don't offer concealed pipings. Just box up the pipes.

For unconcealed, where do they usually run the pipes? I can't imagine where it will pass to get to the condenser (esp. the room aircons). How do owners usually conceal those pipes? Using false ceiling?

Our unit is a condo, and I'm not even sure if unconcealed is allowed.

Went to ask at gain city also. The said they need to do onsite visit to give a quote, but they never mentioned that we need to pay first before they visit. Do they really collect money first?

Hi mgurl,

Not sure if concealed is do-able. I recently relocated one of the aircon from one wall to the other. Some pipings were hide inside the false ceiling and there is another one (i think is water piping) coming out with box up.

Not sure about gain city. The guy who did for us came to our unit and suggest to us how to go about it and then told us the price but he didn't collect any deposit. The work completed last Wednesday and I just paid him today. :)

Hi all,

I am quite inexperiecned in air con and would like to seek the advice of the experts here on what brands are good and which shop offers good service and price. Can any kind soul provide some clues? I am thinking of installing 6 air cons in my house. May I know how much that will cost approximately?