Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kovankitty

Loan Shark Flats

Yah..seems alot of people now kenna such nonsense.

my Frd's frd also have paint splashing at their new house.

Called up the number and inform the ah long that they are the new tenant and do not know the new address of the previous owner

So the ah long was very nasty, warn them either they pay on behalf or help to find the previous owner out

if not they will continue to splash paint...

actually some of the runner , they themselver are the debtor

helping the ah long to run errands so as to offset some interest/debts

So even if they got caught, also dun dare to spill the beans.

The police who attend my case, promised to revert...

after 2 months.. also no news/updates

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
So the ah long was very nasty, warn them either they pay on behalf or help to find the previous owner out

if not they will continue to splash paint...

I will make sure i catch the runners and lead the police to the coffee shop/pub/areas the ah long hang around. The only way to stop is either the Ah long cooperate with me to get the previous owner or i work with the police to get the ah long. I WILL NOT allow my new house to be under the mercy of the Ah long.

yeah, but they usually come in the wee hours

thats why we planted webcam.. can even capture the face of anybody who walk past our unit very clearly

Should paste notice at common stairway, lift to inform all neighbours to look out for suspicious characters and at the same time show the runners eyes are on them... And of course stomp the issue, lidat can get additional pressure for the police to patrol ur flat. :)

hahaha... point noted

but i hope it doesnt happen again...

the last time, we spend 4 hrs cleaning the grills, doors and floor

n my KPO neighbour just keep walking past deliberately to see

sickening.... ask if we overspill the paint

But i hope HDB and Police can do something to stop this.....

its really so unfair to new flat owners

u didnt tell them? The next unit could be theirs? :)

hahaha... point noted

but i hope it doesnt happen again...

the last time, we spend 4 hrs cleaning the grills, doors and floor

But i hope HDB and Police can do something to stop this.....

its really so unfair to new flat owners

yeah you poor thing. i also got hostile stares last time whenever i walked past neighbours house. they took 1 look at me and shut the door, like Gui Tio Gui like that. i am so pissed by this pple! :(:bangwall:

Ask you huh, if you have got the police report, there's the CID number on that, and the officer in charge. U just call him once a day, see, if he dun pick up your calls, then demand for an ans. dis is wat i did last time. :P

Then the CID so scared of me, i guess he took serious action lor

Heng me n hubby super thick skin de.. n i dun like my kpo neighbours.. for months they didnt want to talk to us

super happy n thankful!!

haha.. u harass CID ar..

i gave up on the police at that time.

even my frd who is in the force, told me.. usually nothin can be done

unless it keep repeating

so my is nt so bad as yours as it happen only once

I will make sure i catch the runners and lead the police to the coffee shop/pub/areas the ah long hang around. The only way to stop is either the Ah long cooperate with me to get the previous owner or i work with the police to get the ah long. I WILL NOT allow my new house to be under the mercy of the Ah long.

Impressively gallant of you to say that but sometimes u just can't suppress the Ah Long as much as u think u can. Especially when the brains are not based locally. This is one situation which u have to experience personally before truly understanding the frustration, anger and yet helplessness all rolled into one undesirable combo! The solution is all dependent on the logic of the Ah Long and efficacy of CID. The rest that we do is just based on hope rather than solving the root cause.

Below are a few useful tips of a tell-tale sign of a RESALE Flat kena visited by Loansharks

1) Dry paint near the surroundings of the door and entrance

2) Look for paint near the neighbours, like for example, next door, same level, the upper and lower floors directly.

3) Interview the neighbours, but dun trust them 100%

4) Insist and check with HDB when purchasing the flat and submitting documents, that the seller have changed his adds, and that it is correct (also not a fool-proof method)

just to add some thoughts; :sport-smiley-004:

5) newly installed door/gate with NO unit number.

6) interview the owners and drop the hints using how the buyers of your current unit are offering to change your IC for you which made you understand you should do it for them too.. once they catch the ball, offer to endorse their cost of change. this will give you the chance to get their new address too. :)

7) Maintain eye-contact with owners, if they are trying to hide something. you can feel it. be it ah-long debts,crack walls behind the cabinets or supernatural history of the unit etc. the eyes never lies. :rolleyes:

8) appear more mafia then the ah-longs,talking over the phone whispering like trying to hide you just hacked someone last nite from him & is still high for more. or bring a frd with lotsa tattoos. haha. if unhonest owners see that. they more worried you come after too besides the ah-longs cos by then it's personal. hahaha. :dancingqueen:

actually heard nowdays ah-longs got new stunt liao. paint will prompt more actions from law enforcers + give owners a chance to install cctv to catch their runners. they starting to use watercolor liao. one mineral bottle+1 stick of color. even if get spot-check, nothing incriminating & owners/neigbours will still get the splashing msg. :rolleyes:

for my unit, a tenant stayed there with a young child before I took over, so I'm feeling somewhat safer. Even though I've noticed paint on the stairs but it leads to one level above mine... and I can get the seller agent who is in contact with the female ex-owner...

the police usually only catch runners like in pinklady's case... seriously wonder how people deal with this... other than waiting for CID to get it done with once and for all

Impressively gallant of you to say that but sometimes u just can't suppress the Ah Long as much as u think u can. Especially when the brains are not based locally. This is one situation which u have to experience personally before truly understanding the frustration, anger and yet helplessness all rolled into one undesirable combo! The solution is all dependent on the logic of the Ah Long and efficacy of CID. The rest that we do is just based on hope rather than solving the root cause.

Can i say it take a beng to understand a beng? Yes, i am also a chao ah beng :)

Kiddng... i also dun wish to put myself to such test..agaisnt the wits of the ah long............. :(

Edited by just4this

for my unit, a tenant stayed there with a young child before I took over, so I'm feeling somewhat safer. Even though I've noticed paint on the stairs but it leads to one level above mine... and I can get the seller agent who is in contact with the female ex-owner...

the police usually only catch runners like in pinklady's case... seriously wonder how people deal with this... other than waiting for CID to get it done with once and for all

no actually, we also cannot do anything much. But my nx door neighbour is very kind, they saw the runner last time, quite a number of times, and are useful in catching the runners. or else install CCTVs, but must ask the Town COuncil and your next door neighbour for permission. Cannot anyhow. but luckily now my problem is solved...

no actually, we also cannot do anything much. But my nx door neighbour is very kind, they saw the runner last time, quite a number of times, and are useful in catching the runners. or else install CCTVs, but must ask the Town COuncil and your next door neighbour for permission. Cannot anyhow. but luckily now my problem is solved...

huh? need to ask permission? I thought there are neighbours who install CCTVs to see if their neighbours do something to their unit? lol.. remembered one such case that got onto TV

huh? need to ask permission? I thought there are neighbours who install CCTVs to see if their neighbours do something to their unit? lol.. remembered one such case that got onto TV

Yes yes, you need permission to install CCTVs outside your flat, becos that small strip of space, we call common corridor dun belong to us. it belongs to Town COuncil. anything inside your house got problem you call HDB. dats how theyr differentiate. Actually if its a private property, like terrace or bungalow, then its different cases leh. u r toking about Joo Chiat Road sega iszit?