Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lapena

Miele Washing Machines!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Look, you titled this thread to expound how actually not expensive Miele is.

I happen to disagree and since this is a forum, I also chip in my two cents.

Perhaps you should retitle this thread..

Miele fans!. Come join this thread in praise of its virtues!

..but pls don't slam others.

Actually for most of ur questions and arguments, Ive really answered or try my best to answer in my threads already. I said there are some models from miele on promotion which is a great buy, compared to the regular models. and to some readers who feel miele is out of their reach, I recommended some alternative brands which is not too bad, at least in my personal opinions. But you come out and say, No, Miele not worth it for the price, electrolux no good, bosch no good. Ya Lg is the better brand compared to all. I don't have a vendetta, at least not against you or any other brands. But do you??

Where have I slammed others in this thread?

Where have i said electrolux, bosch, no good.

I don't remember praising LG here.

My posts have always been context sensitive to the thread in question.

You say Miele not expensive I say...

1. Cost a lot of money to buy here in the first place. More than UK or EU.

2. Built to last 20 years but why special treatment for Sg consumers with Warranty only 1 year?

3. Parts and labour will cost more when (if?) needed.

Yes Miele may be Best Buy recommended but the 'Which' review took into account the retail price and warranty in UK and EU not Singapore.

I respond to that by voting not to buy Miele until we get at least the same terms here.

That is..as long as I don't need to have any roses washed..

Edited by cromodora

Hi moonlit, pardon for the late reply. No, u dun need a hot water connection as miele has an internal heater in the washer itself.

Got it, thanks much. :)

Got it, thanks much. :)

Hi Moonlit,

A new Miele package has been launched!! The activecare package has been sold out in sg, and the new package seems to be a better value for money deal, as it comprises the features of the active care as well as the high-end miele w4446 model.

http://www.miele.com.sg/media/haushalt/VG_...ecare_V10_8.pdf

The homecare series retailing $3998 as a package! Or individually the washer W1730 can be purchased at $2880 while the T7780C condensor dryer can be purchased @ $2980. Its unlike the activecare where u can only buy as a package!

i'm using Miele vaccum cleaner and its really good serving me for years. although Miele tends to be more expensive its worth the money as will last a long time and most important soild german technology and construction.

Just to update if anyone's interested, the new activecare package which bundles both the W1740 and T7760C for $3,888/- is close to sold out as well. All that's left is one new set (as of now) and possibly 2 display sets which will go at further 20% discount (At Best Taka and Tangs). Tangs is the place with the last new set, and it also comes with a free Miele vaccum cleaner (S4212). I was just there earlier to check it out. Decided to wait and see the next promo, as it will be for a newer model.

Hi lapena, thanks for keeping me in the know. Unfortunately it's not time for me to buy yet. I have to sit on my hands till maybe Jan next year. :bangwall:

also thanks to adrian_john for the update.

Hi lapena, tks for your information on Miele products. We saw them at harvey norman but felt it was too much to pay for a washing machine.

Just to update if anyone's interested, the new activecare package which bundles both the W1740 and T7760C for $3,888/- is close to sold out as well. All that's left is one new set (as of now) and possibly 2 display sets which will go at further 20% discount (At Best Taka and Tangs). Tangs is the place with the last new set, and it also comes with a free Miele vaccum cleaner (S4212). I was just there earlier to check it out. Decided to wait and see the next promo, as it will be for a newer model.

Hi Adrian, gd choice. The next model is a better model, with a more comprehensive washing programs. Its virtually like the $4k w4446 model just with a 14000rpm, as compared to w4446 with 1600rpm. The great news is that the new homecare package is similar priced @ $3998 without free vacuum. I already checked with the lady at ck tang, the last disp set for activecare is sold out!!

Hi lapena, tks for your information on Miele products. We saw them at harvey norman but felt it was too much to pay for a washing machine.

Hi joecwj, I'm glad u enjoyed the info. Yup the regular models are quite ex, that's why i tried to get some snoops on offer packages from them and resend my info over here!! Haha it depends on which side of the coin u flipped at, some ppl may think it as a value buy, some might think it as an extravagrance... In any case, its just a reference point for serious miele buyers here. Anyway do check out the homecare series. Its really gd, from a specs point of view.!

Hi Adrian, gd choice. The next model is a better model, with a more comprehensive washing programs. Its virtually like the $4k w4446 model just with a 14000rpm, as compared to w4446 with 1600rpm. The great news is that the new homecare package is similar priced @ $3998 without free vacuum. I already checked with the lady at ck tang, the last disp set for activecare is sold out!!

Did you manage to dig up any info on when the new model will be out?

I still have 2.5 months to burn so I can afford to wait and see.

Did you manage to dig up any info on when the new model will be out?

I still have 2.5 months to burn so I can afford to wait and see.

It's already out. Maybe next week they will put in the stores already i think.

I just wanna tell a story.

The first washing machine I bought is a brandless machine from a neighborhood store uncle.

He is still operating the store, if you are keen to know.

It cost me 300SGD plus.

It is so **** tech-deprived that I need to manually put and removed water.

18 yrs later, my mum is still using it.

I bought her new automated, high tech machine but she still like the old machine.

It does not have german engineering,

no Japanese innovation,

or Korean attractiveness.

When your Miele reached this operating age, tell me about it k.

Oh, my trusty old machine can do something tha I am sure Miele can't.

SOAK.

It is true Miele uses better parts.

But production cost will not exceed 300 EUROS.

But you need to include Mr. Miele and family their annual pay.

You need to pay their Board of directors.

German engineers.

Production workers.

And a huge part to the marketing company that made Miele the brands everyone craved.

Oh, the pride of home appliances is not Miele.

Ask Jackie Chan and Brad Pitt what they are using.

Or the other rich and famous.

But I am impressed by the amount of time you spend researching Miele.

What you said is very simialr to a sales pitch.

If you are a Miele sales, then I am really sad Miele going to this level.

Else, just enjoyed ur washer k.

Sorry if I pichia your lobang.

I just wanna tell a story.

The first washing machine I bought is a brandless machine from a neighborhood store uncle.

He is still operating the store, if you are keen to know.

It cost me 300SGD plus.

It is so **** tech-deprived that I need to manually put and removed water.

18 yrs later, my mum is still using it.

I bought her new automated, high tech machine but she still like the old machine.

It does not have german engineering,

no Japanese innovation,

or Korean attractiveness.

When your Miele reached this operating age, tell me about it k.

Oh, my trusty old machine can do something tha I am sure Miele can't.

SOAK.

It is true Miele uses better parts.

But production cost will not exceed 300 EUROS.

But you need to include Mr. Miele and family their annual pay.

You need to pay their Board of directors.

German engineers.

Production workers.

And a huge part to the marketing company that made Miele the brands everyone craved.

Oh, the pride of home appliances is not Miele.

Ask Jackie Chan and Brad Pitt what they are using.

Or the other rich and famous.

But I am impressed by the amount of time you spend researching Miele.

What you said is very simialr to a sales pitch.

If you are a Miele sales, then I am really sad Miele going to this level.

Else, just enjoyed ur washer k.

Sorry if I pichia your lobang.

Actually, I dint quite understand u.. U sound like the previous forumner i spoke with, but at least he had some concrete objectives. Im just providing info on the brand, latest models, accurate info etc. If it helps some ppl that's great. If not, then this might not be a right thread.But anyway, in case I disapoints u, I'm not a sales person, just a white goods person n lover of quality products. In case u did not know, there are alot of forums overseas which discuss objectively on gd products to have, n numerous reviews on miele, most are positives. So if me , or any forumners love miele, we must be a miele salesman? n pardon, if its too expensive for some, no matter what I say, it won't change their opinions of not buying them rite? N the info I've given are all dwelved from other websirtes, so its not a claim, but info that i pilfered from, that matters. N for that matter, if lets say, I'm a miele salesman and I'm trying to sway fellow forumners views, it's precisely the forums objectives, sharing knowledge and experiences. I've never been personal against anybody or any brands, directly in all my postings. I've even recommended some other brands if budget exceeds expectations. But it seems u and the previous forumner had an agenda against me, or ppl who think that splurging $$ on miele are wrong.

And lastly, Miele does not have a board of directors. Its a family company since 1899. The only other white goods brand i Know that maintains this status quo is liebherr, which produces great fridges.!! That's all!