Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lapena

Miele Washing Machines!

And Mr Bullwrath, I think as a researcher,I know u r referring to Gaggenau when u r saying what the celebrities are using!! I love Gaggenau. Its carried by BSH in sg, which means bosch included. A pity they don't make washers, except bosch. Does that make u a bosch salesman?

Hmm this is a quote from wired magazine featuring an interview with Steve jobs, Apple founder.http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/4.02/jobs_pr.html

But its quite long, his quote on miele during a question by an interviewer,

Is there anything well designed today that inspires you?

Design is not limited to fancy new gadgets. Our family just bought a new washing machine and dryer. We didn't have a very good one so we spent a little time looking at them. It turns out that the Americans make washers and dryers all wrong. The Europeans make them much better - but they take twice as long to do clothes! It turns out that they wash them with about a quarter as much water and your clothes end up with a lot less detergent on them. Most important, they don't trash your clothes. They use a lot less soap, a lot less water, but they come out much cleaner, much softer, and they last a lot longer.

We spent some time in our family talking about what's the trade-off we want to make. We ended up talking a lot about design, but also about the values of our family. Did we care most about getting our wash done in an hour versus an hour and a half? Or did we care most about our clothes feeling really soft and lasting longer? Did we care about using a quarter of the water? We spent about two weeks talking about this every night at the dinner table. We'd get around to that old washer-dryer discussion. And the talk was about design.

We ended up opting for these Miele appliances, made in Germany. They're too expensive, but that's just because nobody buys them in this country. They are really wonderfully made and one of the few products we've bought over the last few years that we're all really happy about. These guys really thought the process through. They did such a great job designing these washers and dryers. I got more thrill out of them than I have out of any piece of high tech in years.

And for ur info, miele fans other than steve jobs are donald trump, david beckham, wayne rooney, if i care to mention.And nearer to home, last i known, miele entered into competiton with gaggenau for the sentosa cove condo projects for built in appliances. Develpers like Ho Bee grp for the waterfront, azure, the berth, and so forth all chose miele kitchens in the end..And Actually the point is not a competition. I love Gagennau, de dietrich, sub zero. Just that for washers, I think miele is really a cut above the rest. If u think something else is more value for money, start a thread, give info, recommendations. Do u really need to rub sarcasm into my true intentions?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I ain't a salesman, but I wish I am :P

But I am in the R&D and so I speak in a language I know best.

Mechanically Miele is superior. They are well built

Electrically, they are behind the other manufacturers.

Efficiency wise, not even worth the money. Dryers begin their MELS this year. Put Miele against LG consumption per kg, and you see not much difference. From a continent that stressed efficiency, this performance is embarrassing for the kind of price tag. From a manufacturer with 100 odds years of experience to LG probably 10 years of exploring, this is disgraceful.

Now, why the **** you wanna own a machine that last you for 20 years?

Given today's tech advancement, by today next year, there will be a machine that wash better, save more, cost less.

You wanna talk about saving? Wash with hands. That's 3K into your pocket straight away.

For the ladies, perhaps you wanna considered getting a LV bag ard 2.2k and 800 for a reasonable washer.

I believed you will be happier as well.

Let's used a simple analogy.

If Miele made computers, what you get 10 yrs ago is probably still working today.

You machine should be a 486 or P1.

You are so cool. You have a 5 and a quarter floppy.

But, do you really want it?

Miele, like apple, sell lifestyle, not product.

They are companies that invest heavily into marketing, not R&D product.

They brainwashed people to perceive they are lifestyle trophies.

Do you not understand why Miele last that long?

Because technologically, they had not progress much.

Parts used 5 yrs ago are still being in use now, probably.

Other brands had moved on to concentrate on resource saving appliances.

Miele, I really don't know. They hardly advertised as environmentally responsible appliance, do they?

I don't know a lot of british, but I know british hate french and german.

It's very hard to imagine a british celebrity endorsing brands from either country.

But really, I am not against you.

Btw, did I also tell you about my grandmother's 30yr plus GE fridge?

I ain't a salesman, but I wish I am :P

But I am in the R&D and so I speak in a language I know best.

Mechanically Miele is superior. They are well built

Electrically, they are behind the other manufacturers.

Efficiency wise, not even worth the money. Dryers begin their MELS this year. Put Miele against LG consumption per kg, and you see not much difference. From a continent that stressed efficiency, this performance is embarrassing for the kind of price tag. From a manufacturer with 100 odds years of experience to LG probably 10 years of exploring, this is disgraceful.

Now, why the **** you wanna own a machine that last you for 20 years?

Given today's tech advancement, by today next year, there will be a machine that wash better, save more, cost less.

You wanna talk about saving? Wash with hands. That's 3K into your pocket straight away.

For the ladies, perhaps you wanna considered getting a LV bag ard 2.2k and 800 for a reasonable washer.

I believed you will be happier as well.

Let's used a simple analogy.

If Miele made computers, what you get 10 yrs ago is probably still working today.

You machine should be a 486 or P1.

You are so cool. You have a 5 and a quarter floppy.

But, do you really want it?

Miele, like apple, sell lifestyle, not product.

They are companies that invest heavily into marketing, not R&D product.

They brainwashed people to perceive they are lifestyle trophies.

Do you not understand why Miele last that long?

Because technologically, they had not progress much.

Parts used 5 yrs ago are still being in use now, probably.

Other brands had moved on to concentrate on resource saving appliances.

Miele, I really don't know. They hardly advertised as environmentally responsible appliance, do they?

I don't know a lot of british, but I know british hate french and german.

It's very hard to imagine a british celebrity endorsing brands from either country.

But really, I am not against you.

Btw, did I also tell you about my grandmother's 30yr plus GE fridge?

Hmm,, nice contribution...

I just hope ur comments are backed up by facts. Actually I have read and known from a lont time that Choice magazine, aust consumer's rights magazine has awarded the "shonkiest" award to LG for water guzzling and electrical consumption. Ref :http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Appliances/Laundry/K5V7V6D6

I do not want to post all these because some other interested forumners who have been eyeing for these 2-in -1s might get stumped by the low reception from consumer bodies around the world. And for the fact its been 2 yrs on, so the models might actually have improved. But it's quite amazing u perceived a miele are NOT environmentally friendly???

A 6kg condensor dyer uses 3.6kw per hr for a cottons drying cycle. A 6 kg washer uses 1.02kw for a 60deg cottons wash cycle. Erm,, in actual fact, the most efficient dryer in the market are only produced by Miele and a high-end model of electrolux. which uses heat-pump technology.

"Because technologically, they had not progress much"

When Miele invented the honeycomb drum, they obtained the patent to 2018,. It revolutionalise the way people think of washing machiones. Just a machine that washes clothes? Or a machine that takes care of ur clothes. Do I need a 10 kg washer that supposed washes in 45 min? Or a 6 kg washer that takes 90 min but ensures my clothes lasts 4 times longer.

Hmm.. U say u can't imagine british endorsing miele? Oh a click on the net will tell u Miele won the Which?? magazine, Best Domestic apliances brands for the 2nd yr running, winning 22 best buys. In case u did not know, which? mag is a highly regarded independant body supported by the british govt for consumer's rights in the UK. No endorsements or whatsoever, so no pretence.

Hmmm... try asking the millions of british, australians, and the readers of reader's digest why the **** do they want a washer that lasts 20 yrs, when they can't even put in the front of the house and showcase them.They even love them so much there is a website dedicated to miele reviews in the UK.http://www.foreverbetter.co.uk/

Any case, thks for ur feedback..

lapena, do you happen to know if the new model package has hit the stores yet?

If you happen to get any news, do let me know and I'll go down to take a look.

I'd like to take a look at the new model and see how it is. If I really can't squeeze any budget, my next best bet is the Electrolux EWF14991 Icon.

BTW, in you opinion, would you regard condenser dryers as being more practical than vented?

I'd like to take a look at the new model and see how it is. If I really can't squeeze any budget, my next best bet is the Electrolux EWF14991 Icon.

BTW, in you opinion, would you regard condenser dryers as being more practical than vented?

Hi adrian,

The new homecare package has already hit the stores. Currently displaying in Ck Tang and Best denki ngee Ann. This is what the showroom ladies told me yesterday. $3998 for both. Ewf 14991 is the high-end electrolux made in Italy. Features wise, the homecare I think is much better than the previous activecare. But even activecare is sold out due to the price. So I think the homecare series is really worth buying,.. U can download the specs from above, its really like the specs from the miele w4446 @ $4k. with delay start, pillows, curtains, silks, downs, lingerie as extra... Cool!

Condensers generally condense the moist warm air to water, so its ideal if ur place is not properly ventilated. Vented dryers are cheaper but drying results may not be as even as condensors and also it may cause ur walls to sweat after some time.

"Erm,, in actual fact, the most efficient dryer in the market are only produced by Miele and a high-end model of electrolux. which uses heat-pump technology."

Can you confirm if I'll be getting that special energy efficient heat-pump technology in the Miele activecare/homecare package?

I'd be disappointed after paying all that moolah and getting old tech current guzzling resistor type heating element.

Now that would be 'shonky'.

Hi Adrian, just found out from the sgbrides forum that the homecare package is already on display. And there are offers this week at Ngee ann city Best denki store.Every $1200 spent entitles u to a $100 taka voucher. Paying with OCBC card entitles another $20. I think you can get $360 taka vouchers if u buy the package from now till sunday 26th July. Shall check it out during the weekends..

Hi Adrian, just found out from the sgbrides forum that the homecare package is already on display. And there are offers this week at Ngee ann city Best denki store.Every $1200 spent entitles u to a $100 taka voucher. Paying with OCBC card entitles another $20. I think you can get $360 taka vouchers if u buy the package from now till sunday 26th July. Shall check it out during the weekends..

Thanks for the heads up lapena!

That certainlly sounds like a pretty good offer.

Rather have $360 worth of Taka vouchers than a free Miele vaccum cos' I already have the latter.

Will go check it out.

I and my wife seen this miele washer/dryer and we are very impressed and keen on getting them if we really have the cash spare.

Right now my family have been using 3 second hand washing machine bought from shops that repossed electrical goods for the past 29years. And we only so far spend like 1.4K so far to date.

What more these machine ables u to wash curtain, rugs and even thick matress comforter sheets

But may really consider getting it if the set price drops to $2999...

Lookign forward to a even lower price of the miele set...

Cheers...

I and my wife seen this miele washer/dryer and we are very impressed and keen on getting them if we really have the cash spare.

Right now my family have been using 3 second hand washing machine bought from shops that repossed electrical goods for the past 29years. And we only so far spend like 1.4K so far to date.

What more these machine ables u to wash curtain, rugs and even thick matress comforter sheets

But may really consider getting it if the set price drops to $2999...

Lookign forward to a even lower price of the miele set...

Cheers...

there is a new model now! u can check in the miele website!its the homecare series, package $3998! It has new features previously unavailable like delay start, pillows, down filled items proofing and curtains!

Haha Irman, if u know miele, the prices r controlled and won't come down.. Think LV, prada.. lol. If they do, they woild'nt be the premium brand they claim they are. Personally,I have never seen it happening.. But u can continue to hope!! Any case, its a limited edition as with the last promo series, which have come n gone like the wind!! Even the display sets left standing have all been grabbed up as soon as the last new sets are gone! So if u are thinking, better grab it fast!

there is a new model now! u can check in the miele website!its the homecare series, package $3998! It has new features previously unavailable like delay start, pillows, down filled items proofing and curtains!

Haha Irman, if u know miele, the prices r controlled and won't come down.. Think LV, prada.. lol. If they do, they woild'nt be the premium brand they claim they are. Personally,I have never seen it happening.. But u can continue to hope!! Any case, its a limited edition as with the last promo series, which have come n gone like the wind!! Even the display sets left standing have all been grabbed up as soon as the last new sets are gone! So if u are thinking, better grab it fast!

Hey Lapens,

I'm still waiting for the keys to my new house. Probably it early next year. Besides this offer, do you have any other brands that you can recommend? I'm kinda more worried of the warranty and servicing support lah...

Btw, what does the homecare series includes? And does it really us lots of electricity?

Cheers....

Hey Lapens,

I'm still waiting for the keys to my new house. Probably it early next year. Besides this offer, do you have any other brands that you can recommend? I'm kinda more worried of the warranty and servicing support lah...

Btw, what does the homecare series includes? And does it really us lots of electricity?

Cheers....

Hi, just wondering if the reply is too late.. Seriously, miele is considered the least electricity and water guzzling brand in the market, what with the company's obsession with environment sustainability n concerns, mayb due to the german background. Its 47l max if u wash a full load, and 1.02kw per hr if u wash to an extent of cottons 60 deg. Miele is the best ur $$ can buy, n its truer now for the homecae series, s its more of a complete series programs for the home, compared to the previous promotions.. Any other times, u r going to pay 6k upwards for a miele washer n dryyer. Warranty and servicing issue is the least u will b concerned as the S.E.A hq is in sg and most of sg's most premium hotels and residences r using miele appliances! Think Ritz carlton, st regis, sentosa cove etc.. Sceptics may say nobody needs appliances that last 20 yrs.. But believe me , u will not change to another brand if urs last half as long! Read up long and hard on this brand.. U will be amazed and respect it for its stringent quality control!

Yup read up on this brand long and hard.

Not just from postings here.

Marvel at the quality of the brand.

Then marvel at why Singapore customers are only offered 1 miserable year warranty instead of 7 years like in UK.

The only Miele promotion worth waiting for is if ever Miele Spore sell their washers here the same price and warranty terms as they do in Europe.

Edited by cromodora

I read from someone's review on the internet that his Miele washer has lasted him as long as 40 years, and still in great working condition!! Oh, my... Talk about quality standards and strict quality control, yeah. Might just be worth the money?

I am not going to buy any Thai-made washer anymore, like what I did in the past. Because my old Panasonic Aquabeat machine fully died on me after only 2 years.

Anyway, here are a few video links on Miele washers:

Hope to buy a Miele washer in future, though extremely costly! But before that, lets see how long my current LG F1422TD 8KG direct-drive front-loader will last...

:horse:

Edited by aoi

I read from someone's review on the internet that his Miele washer has lasted him as long as 40 years, and still in great working condition!! Oh, my... Talk about quality standards and strict quality control, yeah. Might just be worth the money?

I am not going to buy any Thai-made washer anymore, like what I did in the past. Because my old Panasonic Aquabeat machine fully died on me after only 2 years.

Anyway, here are a few video links on Miele washers:

!

Hope to buy a Miele washer in future, though extremely costly! But before that, lets see how long my current LG F1422TD 8KG direct-drive front-loader will last...

:horse:

Oh, that was a nice advert wasn't it? haha, i went for the 2 days ck tang 10% sale, the latest miele homecare package of washer n dryer was totally sold out!! The sales lady said 20 sets in a day till she can't eat!! Amazing considering its still $3600 after discount for the pair!! So Miele is still value for money!! never mind what others detractors say