Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kartell

Wrought Iron Gate For Condo

Helo

Looking for cheap and nice wrought iron gate for my new condo. Yup it is weird to build a iron gate infront of the door, but it can help when we open the main door and lock the gate to have better ventilation and wind coming in.

Went to Wrought Aluminium at IMM, was quote 1.3K for the gate.....Hopefully we can get prices below 400 bucks as we do not need the wrought alumimum. Best of all have lot of designs.

Was quote by Panggiap88 at 600 plus...and heard from forumer, their after sales services quite bad....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Helo

Looking for cheap and nice wrought iron gate for my new condo. Yup it is weird to build a iron gate infront of the door, but it can help when we open the main door and lock the gate to have better ventilation and wind coming in.

Went to Wrought Aluminium at IMM, was quote 1.3K for the gate.....Hopefully we can get prices below 400 bucks as we do not need the wrought alumimum. Best of all have lot of designs.

Was quote by Panggiap88 at 600 plus...and heard from forumer, their after sales services quite bad....

For condo. Management had a rule on what type of gate to be use. What design. Check with your management office before u install.

If you're staying at ground floor, go ahead and look for a gate but for higher floor, I will ask you to reconsider. The people who are going to your floor will mainly be your neighbours, cleaner, postman, friends and family of you and your neighbours. There's no sales people usually (unless they sneak past your security)... My parents' place has a gate and it is kinda a white elephant... It is however your preference though :D

Helo

Sorry I don't have any information about iron gate manufacture yet. I will inform you later then, or did you search on internet with keyword ' Iron gate Manufacture company'

Good luck

i was quoted 1.2k at metalworld. according to the salesgirl my gate will be slightly wider due to the size of my door. they have did a few units at my condo so they know the price well.

i'm also considering whether to have a gate as i'm staying on the third floor, not the ground level. chances of getting strangers passing by is slim..

i was quoted 1.2k at metalworld. according to the salesgirl my gate will be slightly wider due to the size of my door. they have did a few units at my condo so they know the price well.

i'm also considering whether to have a gate as i'm staying on the third floor, not the ground level. chances of getting strangers passing by is slim..

i thought mine was expensive..was quoted $950.

i think a gate look nicer, so i am going ahead with it..

i thought mine was expensive..was quoted $950.

i think a gate look nicer, so i am going ahead with it..

reno145, which company have you engaged to do your gate?

reno145, which company have you engaged to do your gate?

It is from contractor, so I don't know which company he use. On hindsight, perhaps I should have gone directly to a company that provide gate and windows.

Hi kartell

I am also looking for wrought iron gate for my condo. I want a gate just to have ventilation when I open the main door as well as some security (you never know, even your neighbours can rob you). Which company did you go for? My door is quite wide and has 3 sections.

Actually I was also considering aluminium grills since they don't rust and are cheaper.. but then thinking what's the point of installing grills to have them easily cut

I would safely recommend Metalworld Pte Ltd as I bought my metal gate from them & the designs they have had were pretty upscale. After-sales service was great too.

The design of my gate is known as "Overwhelmed". However, I selected to have a single panel instead of the regular double-leaf design and got my gate tilted (becox of fengshui requirements), and I must pay Metalworld a well-deserving compliment as they did a very beautiful & neat job.

http://www.metalworld.com.sg/index.htm

The one thing I didn't quite comprehend about them was their latest designs weren't published in the website... :unsure: