Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ji2

Can Anyone Help ?

Hi , please refer to the pic below for better understanding of what im gonna ask ... hehe...

15327932.jpg

Just wanna know roughly how much does it cost to seal up DOOR 2 ( as shown in the pic ) & hack the wall to create a DOOR 3 ( its originally a door but sealed up by previous owner ) . DOOR 2 is actually hacked opened by previous owner but i juz wanna seal it up coz wan 2 seperate rooms . Thanks . Does it cost alot to also remove the built in shelves too ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi , please refer to the pic below for better understanding of what im gonna ask ... hehe...

15327932.jpg

Just wanna know roughly how much does it cost to seal up DOOR 2 ( as shown in the pic ) & hack the wall to create a DOOR 3 ( its originally a door but sealed up by previous owner ) . DOOR 2 is actually hacked opened by previous owner but i juz wanna seal it up coz wan 2 seperate rooms . Thanks . Does it cost alot to also remove the built in shelves too ?

Can't tell for sure how much your contractor is going to charge you, but just sharing my experience: (from my quotation)

To hack and demolish new door way ..... $80

To supply and seal up existing entrance .... with 63mm hollow block $300

Price will differ depending on size of doorway, etc. If that is the only thing you are doing then there will be haulage charges too.

Can't tell for sure how much your contractor is going to charge you, but just sharing my experience: (from my quotation)

To hack and demolish new door way ..... $80

To supply and seal up existing entrance .... with 63mm hollow block $300

Price will differ depending on size of doorway, etc. If that is the only thing you are doing then there will be haulage charges too.

hmm ok thx ... lets say if i cover up door 2 with a partition hw much will that be instead ?

hmm ok thx ... lets say if i cover up door 2 with a partition hw much will that be instead ?

$300 onwards if you cover with concrete.

$300 onwards if you cover with concrete.

if i do not wan to cover with concrete is ther any cheaper alternatives ?

if i do not wan to cover with concrete is ther any cheaper alternatives ?

Yes, you could either seal up the gap with wood or even construct something there, eg cabinet, feature wall (not cheaper than sealing up with concrete).

Check with a contractor for price.