Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thongjy

Stainless Steel Or Chrome Bathroom Accessories

Can I check the pros and cons of bathroom accessories that are made of stainless steel and chrome?

State your preference and reasons.

Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

for me i like s/s .. from my market research seemed like the best value for money is probably VRH...I got it at Spazio and the price given is very competitive ...love it

VRH?

so which one is better that go rust-free? need feedback from those who currently have chrome base.

i know most choose stainless steel, but my contractor said is expensive and advise me to use chrome instead. should i or not listen? :(

Can I check the pros and cons of bathroom accessories that are made of stainless steel and chrome?

State your preference and reasons.

Thanks.

No chrome, PVC or plastics for me... SS is worth investing, even you shift house can bring along...

VRH?

so which one is better that go rust-free? need feedback from those who currently have chrome base.

i know most choose stainless steel, but my contractor said is expensive and advise me to use chrome instead. should i or not listen? :(

I chose chrome, and totally regrets it now. I've just moved in during early dec, and it is starting to rust. Now having headache, cos its such a hassel to replace it.

I'll choose SS if I'm you.

i would definitely choose s/s for its durability and resistance to rust....

however do note that s/s comes in different grades..... normally the price is proportional to the quality.....

brands wise... can consider welmi (or commonly known as chicken brand) from song cho.... or oyama from sim siang choo

hans grohe comes in chrome right? Is chrome that lousy?

ddepends on what is the chrome on.. plastics, metal... or and only thing that would not oxidise (green spots) is good quality stainless steel... but if its chromed or polished nickel ( theres a diff) brass like Grohe then it should be fine....

try googling polished nickel and chrome plating etc.

Edited by jdanielsg

is chrome = aluminium or issit brass? was told brass is ok

but not e aluminium. real stainless steel accesories are hard to find & look really dull.

so far i only saw 1 shop sellling at jalan besar & range also limited.

Chrome plating will come out over time. Staineless steel has a chromuim contain in it to resist rusting. Generally if you are purchasing stainless steel product for your bathroom try to get 304 grade stainless steel which has high corossion resistance. Welmi uses a 301 grade stainless steel which has similar corossion properties as 304 grade but is less resistant to chloride.

The stainless steel has good performance in rust resistant. Most of YIGII bathroom accessories like toilet paper holder, shower caddy and towel holder are made of stainless steel and covered with a polished finish or matte black finish. They perform well in preventing rust and corrosion. And they have a solid structure to hold things.

131 (3).jpg

Modern Shower Caddy (10).jpg

I hate rusty bathroom fittings, so I usually opt for rust-proof shower caddies.Best shower caddy no rust-

• Stainless steel of high quality is must be the ideal material for a shower caddy. It is waterproof and has good resistance to rust and corrosion. Besides, it is a kind of hard material that will not be easy to deform and break. Therefore, stainless steel is the best material for a shower caddy.
  • Over-The-Door-Shower-Caddy.jpg.5a68e4d7768777d3c9641cfeffdd8590.jpg