Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sugardaddy

Glass Door For Shower Area

Hi

Just want to know from those who use a glass door to separate the shower area and the toilet area in their bathroom, what are the pros and cons?

Had a friend who did that, but was 'complaining' that have to clean the glass quite often due to the 'stains' left due to water/soap/shampoo.

If not using glass, anyone had any 'innovative ideas'?

Thanks

haha my old flat shower screen also hav this stain marks problem. so I the glass supplier to help me solve this problem. He recommend me to paste a frosted film on it so I need not clean it oftenly. So for my 2nd flat, I hav the frosted film on it. I did not clean it for a yr & the glass still looks good. so now we only clean it during the spring cleaning. And one more plus point for the film, it can hold the glass in place in the case the glass break.

one point to take note, the frosted side must be clean to prevent stain to be stack on it.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi

Had a friend who did that, but was 'complaining' that have to clean the glass quite often due to the 'stains' left due to water/soap/shampoo.

If not using glass, anyone had any 'innovative ideas'?

Thanks

There is calcium in water.

If you dont clean it and it dries then it leaves stains. Doesnt matter what you are using.

Over time also bacteria and fungi go into the stains making everything look ugly.

No, sorry, there is no alternative to cleaning at least every other day.

A drop meaning the entire bath area is lower than the toilet area. Depends on how many nos of drainage point in the toilet. i have two drainage points in the entire toilet, one for the shower and toilet area. If only one drainage point, u needs to accomodate a sloped down for water to that particular drainage point. My existing house only got one drainage so i need to do a curb to divide up the area and the shower screen sits on top of the curb.

Hi all,

Just bought a resale flat, so now going through the painful process of talking to a few IDs/contractors for ideas and quotes. One idea that came up was for this 'drop' for the shower area. Some IDs say can be done, one said it can't.

What are some of the restrictions? Can it be done for the slightly older flats (those built in the 80s?) From blackcar's post, think the main thing is whether there is a drainage point in the shower area (will need to double check if there is!). Also, we intend to hack the existing tiles and put new ones, so should be ok?

Think the drop is a GREAT idea, and will also look nice. Hope to get some advice. ;)

I found that glass shower screen is quite expensive and the cleaning part made me keep thinking of my new house bathroom.

Anyone has idea of using half wall and shower curtain or share your experience of not using glass shower screen?

Thank you.

would use glass shower screen & must be tempered. saw the news today some one passed on when he knocked into the glass panel , it broke and he was bleeding profusely. some toilets rather small, even to fit in an L shape sliding shower screen also like no space. but aethestically much nicer.

I found that glass shower screen is quite expensive and the cleaning part made me keep thinking of my new house bathroom.

Anyone has idea of using half wall and shower curtain or share your experience of not using glass shower screen?

Thank you.

My house has both... glass more elegant looking but shower space is fixed/restrictive.. curtain is cheaper and more practical.

The glass screen door can prevent water splashing around when you are taking a shower. Also, you can use it to hang a shower shelf for store your bath products and install towel bar on the other side to hang bath towel. Although it needs cleanse often, I think it is worth having a glass shower door. 

KS025 (1) - 副本600x700.jpg