Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
red_devil

■ Our Humble & Simple Nest @ Yishun ■

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
29-August-2009

The roof before the reno.

1490752_979117_617307155b_o.jpg

Doing a false ceiling covering the roof.

1551526_979117_70b3ade35c_o.jpg

Nice :good: how I wish i had this kind of roof too then at least I can save up a few k

Glad that your reno everything is swee swee :good:

Nice :good: how I wish i had this kind of roof too then at least I can save up a few k

Glad that your reno everything is swee swee :good:

Thanks man. So far so good. Yup. Was kinda lucky there is an existing roof of average condition...Wife hate the roof's color..so we did a false ceiling.

Edited by red_devil

29-August-2009

False wall for the staircase's area.

1551524_979117_a21638ed26_o.jpg

Did you consider that doing a false wall at the staircase area may impede airflow and lighting? I lived in EM before and they are usually dark and sometimes quite stuffy.

Hi red_devil,

Nice progress with your reno. :good:

You seems to be doing alot of false ceiling. Are you doing false ceiling for your whole house?

By the way, will you be plastering the whole house? If so, you might want to get them to smooth out the walls before nailing the wire casing, else those areas behind the casing will not be smoothen out. :)

Did you consider that doing a false wall at the staircase area may impede airflow and lighting? I lived in EM before and they are usually dark and sometimes quite stuffy.

Hi xebay11, thank for the pointer. Yup...we did consider that before. :P

So we compensate it with lightings. Hmm...airflow...we hope no problem.

Also partially because of Feng shui and also because of our living room design...we thought of sitting on the sofa watching tv.....the little stretch of holes that are not covered up seems erie to us....so we decided to block it up.

Hi red_devil,

Nice progress with your reno. :good:

You seems to be doing alot of false ceiling. Are you doing false ceiling for your whole house?

By the way, will you be plastering the whole house? If so, you might want to get them to smooth out the walls before nailing the wire casing, else those areas behind the casing will not be smoothen out. :)

Hi Rasp,

Thanks.

hmm..not all parts of the house.. Not rich enough! :P Hmm...certain portions like bathroom top ceiling, kitchen...certain portion of the rooms are not doing false ceiling/parition.

Yes. We will be doing plastering. Thanks for the advices. Didn't thought of that. I hope I can remember that and tell my contractor.. Thanks man.

Hi Red devil,

Thanks for sharing your reno process...

1. Can I have Jason's number?

2. May I ask about the approximate $$ for your quotation?

Just got a EM recently too... Might need to have major reno... Thanks! Pls PM me? :D

Hi Red devil,

Thanks for sharing your reno process...

1. Can I have Jason's number?

2. May I ask about the approximate $$ for your quotation?

Just got a EM recently too... Might need to have major reno... Thanks! Pls PM me? :D

Hi Checheang,

I have pm u.