Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
red_devil

■ Our Humble & Simple Nest @ Yishun ■

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
wah.. BLUM i want! how much is it ah?

red devil, what is the paint color for the electrical box wall?

Paint color...err....didn't paint over..I think is the default white color.

wah.. BLUM i want! how much is it ah?

red devil, what is the paint color for the electrical box wall?

BLUM price varies depending on what kind of hinges do you want, it's best if you can go down to their showroom and take a look and play with it :)

BLUM price varies depending on what kind of hinges do you want, it's best if you can go down to their showroom and take a look and play with it :)

Sharing my recent expericence on installation of blum...

keke... insisted Jason install blum runners for the kitchen cabinet, had to top up although I had indicated upfron I wanted blum. Used blum for kitched deep drawers & normal ones.. very nice. Cheaper than using full Blum drawers.

As for the tall units, Jason said that Blum dun have the width required by us, so he modified with wooden drawers that are fully extendable.. tot its a affordable solution! Not as good looking as Blum, but hidden behind the tall unit doors... works as well for me.

So please tell Jason what are your needs, I think he can modify to suit, rather than using entire set of Blum drawer

We added non-slam clip on every door, just a simple clip on 1 of the hinge, & viola! no more sound effect on angry days!

Btw, u can get blum at Shanghai Tong Lee at Textile Centre.. not very frenly to retail walkin customers though...

Sharing my recent expericence on installation of blum...

keke... insisted Jason install blum runners for the kitchen cabinet, had to top up although I had indicated upfron I wanted blum. Used blum for kitched deep drawers & normal ones.. very nice. Cheaper than using full Blum drawers.

As for the tall units, Jason said that Blum dun have the width required by us, so he modified with wooden drawers that are fully extendable.. tot its a affordable solution! Not as good looking as Blum, but hidden behind the tall unit doors... works as well for me.

So please tell Jason what are your needs, I think he can modify to suit, rather than using entire set of Blum drawer

We added non-slam clip on every door, just a simple clip on 1 of the hinge, & viola! no more sound effect on angry days!

Btw, u can get blum at Shanghai Tong Lee at Textile Centre.. not very frenly to retail walkin customers though...

hello!

like to ask, this non slam clip, we can simply buy it and clip it on ourselves? can clip on existing doors? :) thanks!

15 Sep 2009

We have decided to stick to spot light for this piece of wall as we can play with the dimmer. Hopefully, our wallpaper will turn out nice in the living room. We will not be doing suspend TV console but rather...our console will be sitting on the floor. Next is to ask the sofa boss to come down for a site visit to choose the color for our sofa..Hmm...perhaps, we might just go down to the shop outself instead...

1567098_915178_02d01f9114_o.jpg

15-Sep-2009

We didn't change the windows and the grilles as they are still in a average good condition. Well..to save us some money also. Contractor was nice and thoughtful enough to change all the locks for the window grilles.

1567099_915178_503f8659f2_o.jpg

15-Sep-2009

Partial carpentry for the kitchen is up... We choose a grey theme for our kitchen...Didn't take a good look at it...So took the picture with a flash..It seems pretty nice.. and I think it should look nice in day time. Sink was in too... However, we haven't decide whether to use granite or solid surface.... granite we will need to top mount instead of under mount....and we will have to bear with the silicon.....

granite will be more durable thou....However, solid surface will allow us to under mount...but disadvantage is one fine day..if the kitchen sink "cannot make it"...this would pose a problem...but yet...solid surface might look nicer.

1567100_915178_c2cd62ec6f_o.jpg

15-Sep-2009

Another shot of the kitchen. Hmm..for those who wanted to know how is the carpentry...I seriously can't answer u much..I guess we have our own yardstick...so far...from what I look and feel...it is the acceptable range from my point of view.

There use to be a old carpentar who told me "A cabinet or console might look nice. But look nice doesn't mean it look durable. it boil down to the materials and how the joints....nails....are used."

1567101_915178_fdcd2f5ea5_o.jpg

Wah bro :good: :good:

Glad that your carpentry everything swee swee liao

So time to gatecrash your place ya ? hahahaha

Anyway your kitchen reminds me of my previous house leh all grey also :D

15-Sep-2009

Partial carpentry for the kitchen is up... We choose a grey theme for our kitchen...Didn't take a good look at it...So took the picture with a flash..It seems pretty nice.. and I think it should look nice in day time. Sink was in too... However, we haven't decide whether to use granite or solid surface.... granite we will need to top mount instead of under mount....and we will have to bear with the silicon.....

granite will be more durable thou....However, solid surface will allow us to under mount...but disadvantage is one fine day..if the kitchen sink "cannot make it"...this would pose a problem...but yet...solid surface might look nicer.

Yo bro granite can only top mount ah ? Jason told you that ? Cos actually I would prefer to under mount too leh :(

hello!

like to ask, this non slam clip, we can simply buy it and clip it on ourselves? can clip on existing doors? :) thanks!

Hi me not too sure but I believe so since it's just a clip lookalike near the hinges but you might need to measure it swee swee so that your door will have the anti slam effect :)

Yo bro granite can only top mount ah ? Jason told you that ? Cos actually I would prefer to under mount too leh :(

Hmm..I think can be under mount also...I will need to check with Jason...perhaps, need to + $, as granite cutting and solid surface is slightly different. Requires more skill..

Hmm..I think can be under mount also...I will need to check with Jason...perhaps, need to + $, as granite cutting and solid surface is slightly different. Requires more skill..

Ya cos I saw ppl did under mount for granite also leh should be able to bah, ask liao let me know k ? thanks hehehe